Mini fridge build

That’s not likely to be enough. Usually you want 2x the exhaust area for intake. You exhaust area is about 12.5 square inches. This means you need about 25 square inches of intake. Each of those intakes 2" are 3.14 square inches. According to my math, you will need roughly eight of those 2 inch intakes.

If you went with three 3 inch intakes it would be close enough.

2 Likes

Well according to my math … I should have paid more attention in school lol… I figured 4 inch exhaust vs 6 inches of intake “that’ll do”. Didnt think to actually math it out.

This is my other option, I could open it up into the little open space behind and then light proof it

2 Likes

Yeah area of a circle is pi*r^2. So as the radius gets bigger, the area gets bigger exponentially. A 5"x5" square would work perfect. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

For future reference incase any other mathematically challenged people read this. What reikoX said is " type circle area calculator into google and input the needed number"

2 Likes

Shhhhh, that’s how I do my math.

2 Likes

Better edit that before anyone else sees lol

2 Likes

Even easier is to just r^2 and skip pi, it cancels each other out for looking at the ratio, so not required :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I would have guessed that thing would be light tight. Is that light leak from the plastic handle on the top of the door?

1 Like

Get outta here with that bullshit lol

1 Like

Theres light coming through the plastic due to removing the inside door panel, and then a silver of light is escaping through the top seal aswell, nothing a bit of black tape wont fix

2 Likes

Anyone have ideas on how I should use my pre filter for the carbon filter? It’s a little too big to nicely sit inside the filter, it could work but I wont neccesarily get full coverage or full flow due to the extra marerial

I ended up putting a sock over the intake of the fan, I figure with the low volume of air u will actually be moving that it should be alright. Now I’m just waiting on some silicone to dry so I can start on the intake holes. Then hopefully I will be able to move my clones in tonight seeing as they have just started showing roots

3 Likes

Intake hole cut. With the open space behind painted black. Not 100% sure how I will light proof but I’m thinking if I wrap black fabric around the outside of my open spot in the back it should cut down a fair amount while acting as an intake filter. May need baffling though

2 Likes

Not my finest work, but it baffles the light pretty damn good

3 Likes

4 Likes

That should work. Looking good. :+1::seedling:

3 Likes

Thanks! Only thing I forgot to do was route my pc fan cord through the baffle but that wont be hard.

I appreciate your advice throughout this!

2 Likes

The mini fridge is complete!

First run test to see what the temperature will do on the fans lowest setting

3 Likes

Looks sweet! Can’t wait to see a fridge full of bud😆

2 Likes

Lol the girlfriend just informed me that may not happen… but that’s a different story lol

2 Likes