Mites,Thrips, Aphids 'one-n-done' with pics

Would be easier not to take it personally when you would actually read my posts and not lol.

I never said that watering correctly would eliminate all pests. Yet you make it look like I did.
I did say that pests will choose unhealthy plants and stay clear of perfectly healthy ones. But I also admit it is very difficult to get in that last category. When I go to a doctor with a headache, I like a pill that will take that away + advice how to diminish the chance of getting a headache in the future.

You ask me to leave this thread because it is not for disease, yet in every single post I did in this thread I talk about pests. It would be fairer, to be honest and say: I don’t believe your bollocks, now go away.

and that is exactly what I will do now…
Enjoy the rest of your day!

2 Likes

Thank you @JohnnyPotseed and anonymous

I unfortunately have aphids for the first time. I just received my ingredients in the mail and will be making a batch up today. I will let you know how it goes.

8 Likes

@Uprangewilly Make sure to dilute!

I think I’m the only one who sprayed the pure concentrate on my BUDDY’S plants …I’m going to try and make sure IM the only ONE who makes that mistake lmao
My buddies plants survived after a couple of showers!

7 Likes

Thank you for the reminder

2 Likes

@Uprangewilly Give em hell, cuz! oh yeah, lol and don’t forget to dilute it according to instruction! :thinking: :blush: :+1:

5 Likes

@JohnnyPotseed please excuse me, I am french, and as I understand it “cuz” would mean “because”, and you keep using it at end of sentences, not as a transition, with no sense for me, could you please explain it to me (again, I’m a french guy wishing to learn, fell free to go pm if I’m mistaking something)

4 Likes

When Johnny says “cuz”, he means it as cousin. His was of saying pal, buddy, friend!

4 Likes

Cuz is slang, a term of endearment. Short for Cousin, family, friend in a sense.

3 Likes

Naw, ‘cuz’ is an honorific like ‘brother’, or ‘my friend’

5 Likes

Ooooohw I see it now, thanks a lot, I am sincerely confused there !

5 Likes

Better ask the foolish question than stay/keep being the fool ^^

9 Likes

Hey, cuz… lol if ya don’t know, ask. Always the best policy

6 Likes

Yeah, couldn’t say it better ! I keep telling this myself in french, and I learn again to do it myself in English, that’s a life lesson I will remember for sure

The Native American Indian tribe I’m a part of (Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina) the majority of us say ‘cuz’ out of habit, because most of us are related in some form or the other.

4 Likes

I now understand the honorific part, I’m ashamed and glad at the same time, thanks again :pray:

2 Likes

YW, cuz, and no need to be shamed. Heck you just didn’t know. Not a big deal, and now you DO know, so things might make more sense to you on here. lol At least things I said!

2 Likes

Yeah, now I know, and read it the way it was meant to be :sunglasses: thank you, cuz :wink: (may you feel it as I feel it)

4 Likes

I have four girls outside in flower. I am getting a mite infestation.

I could barely see the spots with my crappy eyes, but can when zooming in with a camera. Mostly seems more confined to the lower portions of the plant, but not entirely.

I am in central Virginia, and pics are attached. Here is what I have done so far:

• Trimmed nearby weeds etc to reduce bridging pests to the plants.
  • Trimmed/thinned the plants some for more sun exposure and airflow
  • Treated with Mammoth Canncontrol. It rained the next day and has been cloudy/rainy on and off for 3 days since. I treated again yesterday evening, and it rained again overnight. I plan to treat again today or tomorrow.
  • I took some sample leaves and looked under my scope. I did not see that many mites.

The plants look reasonably healthy to me otherwise. If these survive, they will be washed when harvested, and again before going into bubble hash.

Is this safe? Is there anything else I can do? Can you help ID what type of mites they are? Thanks.

4 Likes

Hope this helps…

5 Likes

There are these ones:

You can use insecticidal soap or horticultural oil to get rid of them… beer3|nullxnull

6 Likes