Mites,Thrips, Aphids 'one-n-done' with pics

8 Likes

You’re “Stateside”, so check out sierranaturalscience.com You won’t be disappointed, I assure you. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…diatomaceous earth. It’s cheap, readily available, organic, people/pet/animal friendly, effective, etc…apply it to tops and bottoms of leaves on a dry day and let it sit till rain washes it away. Best to leave it on for at least 7-10 days to kill all new hatched eggs. Reapply if it rains too early. Will work as a deterent to anything trying to get at your plants.

2 Likes

And I also have said it before, lol I’ve used ( and still do use) DE in a lot of things, up to and including myself. lol Drop a spoonful into your coffee in the mornings every day. it has a lot of minerals and vitamins that are good for you. Please be sure it’s FOOD GRADE and not the other stuff! lol
Having used DE on my plants for many years, no… decades, I know it well as to the efficacy. Also http://sierranaturalscience.com/ @misterbee … both work great, no doubt. But this is cheaper, you get a lot better price to use ratio, and also works better than either of those. (one ‘passive’ one ‘active’) This you can use up to harvest, with no ill effect on the plant or people partaking of that plant. It’s all food grade ingredients!

7 Likes

That’s what I’m talking about!!! DE is a very useful tool to all gardeners!
Thanks Johnny!!

2 Likes

DE has been a weapon in my arsenal of grow equipment for quite a few decades.

4 Likes

So I’ve just applied MTA yesterday and will report back in couple of days!

3 Likes

Excellent, cuz. Don’t forget to dilute, lol You should see the same results as everyone else, I’m positive. Also, don’t be afraid of seriously saturating the entire plant heavy, it won’t hurt the plant. Actually the Ethynol is beneficial!

6 Likes

Hey, @420noob give us the report, please! lol

4 Likes

Yup, it’s been a couple days. Give us the report. :grin:
I sure hope ya diluted it, lol.

2 Likes

Like myself and everyone else, lol He should see a big diff in just one day! But, if they’re bad enough, might need another treat to get the ones missed the first go round. Day 2 or 3, I’d hit everything again… but that’s just me, lol

2 Likes

I really need to get around to purchasing these base products. I’d rather have em and not need em, than need em and not have em, ya know?
I’m just procrastinating. Well, maybe just not trying to jinx myself. Damn! I probably did just that!
:joy:

2 Likes

I feel attacked :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Hehe, I wasn’t gonna name names…
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:sweat_smile:
That’s why they call it dope
I’m still so thankful he washed them the next morning before work lol …He runs HPS !gets in the truck the morning after says …they are all wilted…I thought about it all damn day!
Luckily they survived!
It was a EXPERIMENT anyway
I use the spray alot now ! I love it …you literally see all kinds of creatures flying away and then see the ones that were not fast enough haah …I’m not even worried about getting mites anymore …precautionary spraying should keep them at bay !

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking.
Maybe heavily dilute some and use as the occasional IPM? :thinking:

1 Like

I just sprayed them last night just for that …Can’t hurt to try right !

2 Likes

lol We spray once or twice a week, even though we don’t SEE them F’ers, doesn’t mean some haven’t snuck in!

4 Likes

Good to know. :+1:

Maybe a dumb question but directions say distilled water but is it safe to use RO water instead. I would assume yes but want to be certain. Thanks

3 Likes