MoBilly's greenroom (Back in the Saddle Again)

And yet we watched every one. lol
Yeah I remember that.
:laughing:
It’s like that one sandy hillside that the Lone Ranger used to tackle all the bad guys at.
I wondered how he was always able to run them guys right past that one soft landing. lol
Some of those old stunt men had a dang rough living to make though! I mean, dang, that had to be hard on a body.

2 Likes

No doubt, before work place safety and law suites and insurance shit.
Have you watched the movie Babylon? The golden age of Hollywood. An extra is dead, oh he ran into a spear. Lol
We really liked it. Crazy stuff and 3 hours long.

2 Likes

I just watched the trailer. That’s some crazy stuff right there!

1 Like

Its really well done in my opinion. Based on a lot of real peeps from that time. So crazy, but also interesting. At least I thought so.
I loved Once Upon a time in Hollywood as well. Also Brad and Margot. Watching it really made me remember my youth. The cars, the whole sixties vibe. But my kids didnt like it. They couldn’t relate.

1 Like

I get that. TBH a lot of the old flicks we used to watch seem too hokey for me to re-visit.
Kung Fu Theater comes to mind. lol

1 Like

Once upon a Time in Hollywood is a newer film, but its set around and kind of about the Manson murders. But with a different outcome.
They just do such a great job of capturing that time period. Cars, clothing etc. Not to mention as they drive by movie theaters in the movie you see what was playing at the time. Memories. I remember this stuff, kids dont.

3 Likes

It’s a shame really. Remember when you could see a car from half a mile away and tell what make and model it was. Now everything is cookie cutter this and cookie cutter that. There’s no uniqueness about life these days.

2 Likes

Muscle cars. Before pollution controls and the gas shortages.
My son likes football. I bring up the 86 bears and he thinks I’m nuts. Lol
He was like two then. Makes feel soooo old.

1 Like

Those were the days my friend. We thought they’d never end.
I’m putting my 62 D100 Sweptline on the road. It has the old original Poly 318 (still runs strong with no smoke) and a three on the tree. lol
I’m bringing back a little of that old feeling. :wink:

2 Likes

Sorry bud, other than 3 on the tree I dont know what that is. I have a feeling I should
Im going to guess truck

1 Like

Picture this @Floyd only forest green. Mine has a very clean body (except the floor on the passenger side needs replaced) but needs a paint job and some tires. She’s been gone through other than that.

9 Likes

Gorgeous truck, Mo, Green must look super fly

1 Like

It will. Mine needs a paint job badly but the body is dang near rust free and only has a couple of dings. I don’t do dent removal but I know I can paint. I’ve done paint jobs with spray cans that turned out so good I was called a liar until I showed them pics of the empty cans in a box. lol

2 Likes

We used to be able to tell a cop car even at night by the headlights/running lights when they all had Plymouth Satellites…here anyway.

3 Likes

Around here it was a mixed bag. Patrol
cars throughout the 70s included Chrysler and Mercury along with some
Buick’s, Pontiac’s, Chevrolet, and Plymouth. I guess they wanted to keep us guessing. lol
They all had those same lights on top though. No matter what headlights they had, it was those lights on top that sold them out.
:slight_smile:
I remember that sinking feeling when those were turned on.
lol

5 Likes

We used to be able to spot the Crown Vics somewhat reliably by headlights. The best was the brakes (locally at least). They used rotors with holes or slots that gave them a distinctive sound when they stopped. We could hear that shit a block away and it saved us more times than I can count.

7 Likes

That is just natural air conditioning!

1 Like

@chronix
:rofl:
I’ve driven a few Flintstones vehicles in my younger days. I had a Plymouth Valiant. I used to joke around about buying my break pads at Converse.
lol

1 Like

318 cars. They would fly

1 Like

I went to a huge auto auction in Norfolk a long time back. I picked up several nice vehicles.
a 1953 Dodge Meadowbrook being one of them. Mom fell in love with it, so I fully restored it. Going through everything, including rebuild the motor, take the seats out, and re-ipholster them, new headliner & floor covering, all dents removed, sanded entire, prime & paint, ordered any trim missing through Dodge dealer. You name it lol She drove it ONE TIME, almost wrecked, and never drove it again. Gave it back to me, in fact. lol I traded it for a couple pounds of weed lol It had standard brakes, steering etc and she couldn’t handle that! She did love the fluid-drive tranny though since it acted like an automatic. That model would shift for you or you could shift it yourself.

3 Likes