MoBilly's greenroom (Back in the Saddle Again)

Now, I can still see me doing just that! Now you have my mind going 90. How much power can I get out of that 20 hp engine in the shed. I’ve always wanted to convert something into an alcohol burning hotrod. LOL

4 Likes

I bought this but my house is to far from my shed it always looses signal

1 Like

That’s what we used to do with our mini bikes. See how fast we could make em go. There was this old guy that worked on all the kids bicycles and stuff like that. We would take them up on a freeway that was under construction, had to be careful though unfinished highway.

1 Like

@Greenfingers
I remember, when I was a kid in Texas, watching alcohol burning go carts. That was insane! I saw one go through the barriers and end up tangled in a chain link fence. I was sure the kid was toast but he got up waving. Them things must have went better than 80mph.

4 Likes

120 I have seen some. But very dangerous. They would race them in Denver. Big in Las Vegas.

2 Likes

Those were a big thing in the 70s down Texas way! I used to do some dirt track racing on a Penton 250, jazzed a bit, lol. They’d hold the alcohol go-kart races first, so being free admission as an entry in the dirtbikes lol I’d watch, them things were batshit crazy!

2 Likes

Things were different then. I like dirt track. I haven’t been to one in some years. Seen one on a trailer the other day. Also, like the band the cars. The ones I had the big fins on top.

2 Likes

I was looking at a thing on Steve McQueen on Netflix. It was pretty cool talking about him on motorcycles. I’ve always been a very big fan of him.

3 Likes

LOL
:rofl:
Wait until tomorrow and I’ll show you a picture of my old 250 Penton!!!
That’s amazing!

2 Likes

I bet that was something else. Those old bikes were pretty primitive.
They didn’t have much nut protection.

2 Likes

I’ll have to pull it out of the shed but it’s still out there. lol

1 Like

For real cuz?! Damn lol the ‘parallels’ continue to mount with you n me! I had that old Penton tore down more than it was together! lol Always had fun, even though it got scary towards the end, it’d been bored n stroked, ‘jazzed’ up. It’d stand on it’s ass in all 5 gears!

2 Likes

Just hearing about it sounds cool to me. Them things were taint- meat rippers. Like a gas tank with out a cap.

2 Likes

They took over the circuit when they first came up.

2 Likes

I don’t know how to spell that part of the anatomy. Between beans and franks, and the back door.

2 Likes

lol ya talking bout the ‘taint’ cuz?

1 Like

Haaaa! I couldn’t remember.

1 Like

Those bikes weren’t for the beginner stock!

1 Like

lol Nor were they for the ‘faint of heart’!

They’d leave you sitting on your ass if you weren’t careful. lol
Ask me how I know.

1 Like