MoBilly's greenroom (Back in the Saddle Again)

No. All the BC were planted in new soil and they are the only ones in there.

1 Like

How far along are they

I saw about 40 on one plant. They just appeared like ghosts. There were none before I went to Florida and I probably missed seeing the small amount upon my return. Now they have lain eggs under the leaves and are busy making more. White flies are sap suckers from what I understand and can kill a plant if not eradicated.

1 Like

I see spraying in your future unfortunately.
Sticky traps would help with the flying ones

1 Like

Yep. I’ve never dealt with pests in my grow. I have always been very careful about cleanliness in the grow room and careful what not to wear clothing that I’ve worn outside.

I put sticky traps in there last night. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wish I could say the same :joy: so many pests have come in in soil, dirty clones, clothes. You can’t appreciate a clean grow until you have a dirty one. It just adds work to stay at the same level.
This sounds like a small infestation so you should be able to get it clean again.
I’d take any leaves that have eggs on them and burn them in the wood stove!

1 Like

The only problem with that is that, while I was gone, my brother cared for the plants. They survived his “care” but lost a whole lot of leaves. If I take what has eggs on them, there won’t be any left. I’m going to have to clean each leaf individually.
:crazy_face:
Yee haa

1 Like

That might be your contamination also. He may not have been as diligent as you about cleanliness
When the room is done I’d throw out all the dirt and wash if you can.
Only been on a little bit and out of likes :disappointed:

Yellow for black blue for white. If you hang them high next to your lights when the come on the flys will fly upward and get stuck.

I only had some white pest pads and one of those long “pull down” ribbons. I’ll have to get something else today. Would a spray with some soapy (very little) be bad for the buds?

2 Likes

How far into flower are these plants, Mo?

1 Like

You can rinse soap off. I’d try to only spray the leaves as much as possible. Safer soap works immediately so you could spray it off an hour later

1 Like

4 1/2 and 6 1/2 weeks.

1 Like

Anything will work. I’m just fortunate that they sell them right here.

1 Like

I’m not continually on right now because I am hunting ladybugs while I’m chatting about this. lol

1 Like

That was what I thought… You mentioned you were ready to go in on Oct 22nd, but had a second set of pics from Nov22 that look ready to go in also.

I use Botanigard WP and Arber insecticide… I can send you some Arber if you like, I have half of an unused bottle left. I may have some botanigard WP22 that I can send too

2 Likes

@herojuana.tom !
You are a lifesaver! I saw the picture and two neurons bumped together! I remember that bottle in moms shed. lol
I just went down there and

It’s half full.
So I can spray this on buds and still smoke them?

3 Likes

You might try using an insecticidal soap, and then after a few hours, rinse/spray with clean water really thorough

3 Likes

@JohnnyPotseed That is exactly what I did this morning. Then I put several ladybugs in there that made it through the cold. I’ll put my sticky strips back up if the ladybugs don’t off the SOB’s.

2 Likes

I really do not like spraying anything on buds, tbh… I am always worried about bud rot… but at this late into flowering I would personally definitely use the arber insecticide before other methods, although the Safer soap should have done the trick. I have ruined harvests with Safer soap – having buds smell and taste like soap long after being sprayed :nauseated_face: but that may have been because I failed to rinse the soap off those buds :grimacing: Since you already hit them with the Safer soap, you may have already solved your problem, maybe we should monitor closely and see how that soap application fares? With the yellow sticky traps, and some predators in there, you should be in a good place now.

4 Likes