Mongo’s Stanky Jungle

Sorry read this wrong.

I do the defoliation preflip yes. I’m using an HPS to veg at the moment

6 Likes

Cool. I usually wait a week or so into flip to strip the bottoms like that, but I think I’ll start doing it earlier so they’re not wasting energy making stuff I’m just going to throw out (or eat lol)

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

I was very jammed and worrying about Mildew. It really does make hand watering much easier.

6 Likes

You know, I tried defol myself 3 grows back. Did not care for it. Seems to me the plant wastes
precious resources growing leafs back, not in bud production, my yield was not increased.

I now only pull big fans that block light to bud sights, if it does not block any, it stays on.

Just my take on it, I now MANY use it and get good results, like @paintedfire420 and @beacher

11 Likes

I’m not big on it either but I do like to get the lowers gone. They are always in the way :v:

8 Likes

oh yeah, I pull all lowers, I grow zero larf, not worth trimming larf.

When I see plants stripped to the stalk at week 3 of flower, I CRINGE. Next week is nothing but building them right back.Just makes no sense to me. Long as no sites are blocked, and the lowers removed, Im done.

IF you look at @paintedfire420 runs, he plucks them bald, but look at his final results!! Most excellent. So do not take me wrong, just saying, for ME, I do not like it. Might be my octopots too, they ARE different and plants act differently in them

9 Likes

Haha larf

I left a lot of larf this run. Trim jail is gonna suck!!

7 Likes

Just grind all that shit up and roll huge joints lol

10 Likes

Why I do not grow small plants. I detest trimming lil shit, give me fat buds, I do not mind trimming.
When I trimmed 50’s OG this last run, the 9 ounce plant took 15 minute to completely trim. Was like snip, snip a few large fans, rest of leaf was inside the big buds, my kind of trim!!!

12 Likes

Yeah I’ve heard some systems don’t respond to the defoliation as well as others. I’m not sure exactly what is the factor.

8 Likes

Ya I’m a pretty conservative defoliator, I know people who strip everything but like 1 growth tip. They get huge toppers, but I think their overall yield suffers.

I think most just do it to avoid trimming small stuff like jetdro lol

8 Likes

Been busy at work, just getting caught up on your thread. My mom had a pet skunk when she was a kid. Never had its glands removed or anything. Just started feeding it when it was little and it stuck around. My moms also a real big animal person. She once cried for 3 days over a blackbird that committed suicide under my tire. Damn thing literally took flight as I came down the road and flew towards and into my tire. Never saw anything like it before.

7 Likes

Beautiful work.
Looks good enough to smoke…lol

2 Likes

Looks awesome Mongo…Very healthy looking girls. You have been pretty busy it seems…

K.

3 Likes

I have never completely stripped but did heavy defol by my standards couple grows ago and got bigger buds for sure so maybe have to go back that route not sure.

Wow I will dance naked if I can trim that in 15 minutes. My last GSC mom I flowered took hours and hours for 12 zips.

9 Likes

Thanks for stopping by @ChronicMcBudz gotta love sensitive souls like that. I had a friend who took a 6 month leave of absence off work after her dog died. :joy::joy:

That’s is my intention :grin::grin::rofl:

Thanks for the kind words. And Ya man a little to busy. Wife isn’t happy with me. Gotta scale back a bit going forward.

11 Likes

DHxC99 has a nice looking burn for no cure, no flush, picked early with only a 5 day dry :grin: Pleasant smoke. Full smoke report to come :v:

24 Likes

What medium do you use?

3 Likes

with a soilless mix?

2 Likes

Haha sorry brain not working… I use Promix and Gaia green alfalfa meal. I start the plants in 4 inch pots. Then transfer to a 5 gallon for flower. I feed every watering.

10 Likes