Mosca Negra Black pineapple

F64 - Fighting temps and RH in Mid Atlantic USA
Trying to drive RH down to the mid 40s is pushing temps in the tent to the high 80s
high temps are probably exasperating the nanner issue on this run
Figgered on chopping tomorrow, but going to wait another week; just too many clear trichs.
There has not been a white/yellow hair on these for well over a week.
Been feeding molasse at PH 6.2-6.5 the last couple of feedings.
Messy, sticky stuff.
Trichs are just starting to go amber, but there are a lot of clears, so waiting another week.

F64 close A F64 Close B
Another pheno - Frosty as all get out, but no bulk at all.

Wanna keep them all, but someone’s gonna roll the hard 6.
F64 close A
Photos are exceptions on trich maturity, amber/cloudy/clear ratio is still to heavy in the clear camp.

7 Likes

Looks like a packed house in there. Lovely.

2 Likes

Cracking these in the next round:

Anyone have suggestions on feeding schedule for soil, please let me know.
Shout out to DC seed exchange for ease of purchase and quick shipping!
Paul Chucker FTW!

7 Likes

F70 - Hello Week 10
For what it is worth: These beans are available at Great Lake Genetics…
Really killing me to wait for the trichs to amber up.
I cannot deny the fattening that has occurred in the last couple of weeks,
Just hope it isn’t a bunch of seed pods filling in.
We’re gonna have to wait another week.
I blew up the close shots on my PC and could only see a handful of amber.
There was a lot less sparkling going on so the conversion to cloudy is definitely going down.
I’m old school, so a full 3 month flower is something I’m used to.
The spear is a bit bigger than a long neck beer bottle.
You can see some of the bonus cat hair that is an added bonus to all patients in the last shot.

10 Likes

Looking good there done when there done and nothing wrong with being old .

3 Likes

Great job getting them to the finish line. I’d be ecstatic with a room that looked like that.

3 Likes

Many thank yous Khoohs and Shisk!
We are 3 plants over limit that I like to run in a 5x5.
This is what happens when you get touched by the luck…
Germed 12 beans, 3 dampened off cause I haven’t touched a seed since '95, and the remaining 9 are all female.
The hard 6 decision is still coming up; determine keepers.
There are a lot of really pretty flowers in here, but there is a lot of trichome density that I am not seeing, or great trich density but lacking bulk…
Because it is so packed, I’ve not been able to get a good look at anything deeper than the first row. They’re so big and intertwined I can’t move anything until chop time.
I have been running 6 max in this space. This lets me move around and get an eyeball on everything.
Last time I tried t get to the way back I tripped on a wire and crushed all 3 plants on the right side; it was not pretty…Sorry no #1 of that.
There is one in the back left that I have not been able to get a scope on that I am excited about that is doing the grenade thing, and I can see a good amount of trichs on the sugar and shade leaves.

3 Likes

F77 Hello week 11
Probably gonna chop these over the weekend.

11 Likes

Initial drying plan is to shoot for 60% RH and low 70s F in the lung room.
Been shooting for mid 40% RH the last couple of weeks of flower, but this time of year that winds up pushing temps in the tent into the high 80s F. In these last days I want to keep more moisture in the plants to slow down the drying as much as possible.
This change drops the temp in the lung room 10 degrees F.
7-10 days is expected.
Trying to figure out how many Grove bags to get, figure 18 1/2 gal mason jars on this one…
This is a full 5x5 tent. Thiking about picking u a 2x4x6 AC Infinity tent this weekend for breeding.

1 Like

There are a couple of threads here on OG about the GG4 RIL beans from Tony showing his grows that may offer some insight to you

and the seed run thread but that reads like a daytime soap

Tony is here on OG also so if you have a question maybe use the @ and his screenname to notify him

5 Likes

F80 chop day
First pic in a while without the lights on…

11 Likes

Bravo, looks great. What do you est the dry at? 20 zs?

1 Like

Probably higher if you count the larf.
My stuff is usually a lot shorter and tighter. like a cola and couple of golf balls, so minimal larf.
This run was a flashback to the jungles I grew in the 90s…
TBH I have no idea what weights I carry; I gave away my tri beam back in 2002 and haven’t used a scale since…De-commoditization!
Although my electricity bill and planned expansions may adjust that philosophy. If I do, it will be blowouts.
One of these phenos got my eyes crying like I was cutting onions and my nose running like a kid with a cold. #TurpBurst
Smolz thinks I smell funny:

5 Likes

“De-commoditization”, I like it. I do check my weights, but just to compare individual plant yields.
Smolz is a good looking cat, about half the size of my chonkers.

2 Likes

HahaHa…I did laugh out loud at the chonkers…Smolz is a new handsome addition to the stable this spring, so he is young and an agent of chaos. He showed up in my backyard in May. The Diego cat earlier is my chonker. He has been pretty good with the youngling…Cat Tax paid.

1 Like

I have found that getting a young cat every 4-5 years keeps the older ones busy and playful. And that neighborhood strays end up the most affectionate.

1 Like

Temp and humidity check.
Temps 74-77 F
RH 64%-67%

• RH is tough given the local lung room being around 70%.
    Hung whole pants for a day or so, then cut them down to manageable foot long chunks.
    I am not looking forward to my time in trimmer’s jail this weekend.
    Will be trying out the Grove Bags for the cure. Picked up a bunch of the 1 OZ bags.
1 Like

Can’t wait to hear what you have to say about the grove bags. I’ve seen a few posts around here about them, but haven’t read everything yet. I need to go find that thread, thanks for the reminder.

Be nice if you those temps could come down a bit, I know I find it difficult to get both temps and RH at 60.

1 Like

Been working through the trim job, and there is a lot to process.
The spear plant was over 6 Zs. Really with I could keep her, but more on that later
I think high temperatures and high RH really affected the density of the tops; they’re not near as solid as I would have hoped.
I am finding male parts on every plant. some more so than others.

• One had a lot of full blown male flowers in addition to a tom of nanners.
  • This is something that I have never seen in all the time I’ve been growing.
    Pretty sure this is why Mosca ran these seeds one time only and never have since offered them.

The Grove bags have been keeping everything in the lo 60s RH; lung room is high 60s-low 70s.
Still have a couple of bags in the fridge to get through…

2 Likes

Every one of these had a nanner or even full blown male flower present.
4 months down the drain.
Now there were high temperatures in play, but I really feel that the strain is not stable.
I notice that there have been no release of this cultivar in over a year.
-Take that for what it is worth.

2 Likes