Nutes at 60% recommended dose.
Still getting a bit of leaf tip burn.
Trying to get humidity under 60%
Temps high 60s to high 70s
Tent
The Good, the Bad, and the Leggy

10 Likes

F35 Update:
They are drinking up a LOT of water and RH is becoming an issue.
I need yo-yos, lots of yo-yos…
Starting to stink pretty good to now.
a couple did not like the 70% nutes, so I’ll be cutting back to 1/2 dose.

8 Likes

So, feeding/watering…
8 plants in 5 gallon fabric pots; they are thirsty buggers.
I do a 5 gallon run a little on the lighter side of whatever meal they are ready for.
The next day I go through 10 gallons with some run off.
Then I wait 3 days.
Meals are 3 different ones.

1. Nutes - General Organics 1/2 box dose - Bioothrive Bloon, Bio Bud, Bio Marine, Cal Mag, and Budswell from The Guano Company.(5ml/gal)
  2. Fish Sh!t, Budswell, and Rock Resinator (PK booster) 5ml/gal
  3. Fish Sh!t, Budswell, CalMag. and Recharge 5ml/gal and 1/2 tsp/gal
    I believe I will have to cut the 'tween time down to 2 days, as things have gotten out of control at F35.
    dropping this here as much for myself to refer to as to share it with others.
    Good Day!
2 Likes

F39 after bondage.
Surprising shortage in my area - cheap bamboo plant stakes.
Looks like one of the stretched phenos has some potential.
There’s at least a month to go…
Although the bummer is that this is over a 6 month grow from clones
I figured 4 but well…time passes
I also figured MUCH smaller plants in 3 gallon pots.
They are drying out in 5 g bots in 72 hours, and it is only going to get worse.

9 Likes

Those are some beautiful spears. Great job.

3 Likes

Thanks khaoohs.
Those are taking after the Limon Y Pina #3 parentage and finish as a sweet green with a pineapple note. It is great smoke, but I’m going after the hybrid with a purple kush.
It has been great fun on this run; I’ve not seen colas like these since the late 90s on any of my plants.
Somehow or another this plant only has 6-8 tops where the others are 16+ tops.
I really should have regulated the number of tops I was doing to have.
There has been a LOT of lessons learned on this grow.
These were the first beans I cracked since bag seed in '93. clones only since then…
It’s a lot easier when a sensi hands you a couple of clones and says grow these like this…
Good fortune all!

3 Likes

Plants are looking good man. You’re the first person I’ve seen run Mosca so will be following along. Almost picked up some fem seeds from them recently.

How do you like the Fish Sh!t? I was given a sample, but haven’t used it due to the absence of a clear ingredient and additive list. Have you seen good results from it? Seems pricey so happy to have the sample, but not sure I’d ever purchase. To be fair, I also don’t know anyone who has used it aside from @Stevie1durr

4 Likes

Good day Tree Tops,
On the Fish Sh!t…This is my first time using the product, and I have much bigger plants than the last run. Unfortunately there are a couple of variables in play here.
The plants vegged about a month longer than usual due to operator error; this is the biggest factor.
The Rock Resinator is also new this run; not a factor on size, but will affect the finish.
It’s expensive as hell, but my growmies at my grow store tell me that their commercial folks are buying the 5 gallon buckets like it is going out of style.
As with any additive YMMV.
PH should be adjusted prior to adding. I only go with 5ml/gal.

3 Likes

Thanks for the intel. Eventually, I want to experiment with it (it was free after all). Not anything fancy like a hardcore controlled test, but perhaps a simple side-by-side of the same strain. Part of my skepticism is I’m just old school (for better or worse) and I remember the days of not needing 10 bottles of nutes and multiple additives to feel like you’re optimizing a grow. I do, however, also have enough humility to recognize that things generally improve with time and there could be value in products like this. Regardless, if it’s no worry to you, I’ll be tuning in to see how these Moscas turn out✌🏻

4 Likes

Eyes welcome Tree Tops.
I was a Dutch Magic part A & B veg/bloom hydro guy in the mid 90s.

2 Likes

F43…Trucking right along.

11 Likes

Temps are climbing over 80 due to the dehumidifier routing.
81 degrees F
61% RH
Dagnabbit!
Extraction fans are set on temp only.
Humidity is another circuit with a dehumidifier and in line fan.

2 Likes

F49 - 7 weeks of flower
I looked into the trichs on the typical ones (there seem to be 2 twins and 2 close relatives of this pheno) and while all the hairs have gone brown I could not find a single amber thrichome.
-This is a great example of the “Am I done yet? The hairs are all brown.” that we see on every forum.
-For this pheno, the hairs are not good indicators.
-It could have a whole second set of flowers coming in. We are only at 7 weeks, it’s a new strain for me. I just don’t know…

8 Likes

Down at the bottom of the card it mentions “Extreme resin production after week 7”
I don’t have anything nearly as phat as the card photo.
This ought to get interesting…

6 Likes

Betting that they’ll start putting some weight on now. They’ve grown up, now time to grow out.

1 Like

Temps are now running mid 80s F with lights on, and not really happy about that.
I think the “spears” pheno is throwing foxtails and not really happy about that.
RH is at 60% thanks to the dehu, but it adds heat, not really happy about that.
This is what I am not happy about :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

You can be happy about this though. You did damn good job theyre nice n swollen. Just push to the finish line. Its been a while since i run mosca gear but you got it looking good though.

1 Like

Thanks for the positive vibes! Good genetics go a long way in growing good plants… I’m being nit picky. These are all the inevitable effects of growing in a tent in August in the North East USA. Back in April I figured I would have this grow in jars and be veging my next run by now. Plans are what you make while life happens…eh? I’m getting really excited to get these out of the tent, snap some pictures of each type, and get to trimming. The only real negative is that I did find a late bloom nanner on pheno 3. This isn’t shocking, but being that it is such a ridiculous jungle in there I can’t give each plant a once over to look for more without beating the crap out of everything…Lesson learned-> You don’t need 18 colas on a plant for a pheno hunt…

4 Likes

Grabbing a chair and following along. I’ve been eyeing their cherry bubblegum hard.

1 Like

My guess for pheno hunts is that sog with very little veg time is probably the most efficient way to go about it. Get em just big enough to have an idea of yield potential and choose whichever serves your purpose best. But I’ve never pheno hunted before so I may be wrong.

1 Like