Mosca Negra Black pineapple

Bravo, looks great. What do you est the dry at? 20 zs?

1 Like

Probably higher if you count the larf.
My stuff is usually a lot shorter and tighter. like a cola and couple of golf balls, so minimal larf.
This run was a flashback to the jungles I grew in the 90s…
TBH I have no idea what weights I carry; I gave away my tri beam back in 2002 and haven’t used a scale since…De-commoditization!
Although my electricity bill and planned expansions may adjust that philosophy. If I do, it will be blowouts.
One of these phenos got my eyes crying like I was cutting onions and my nose running like a kid with a cold. #TurpBurst
Smolz thinks I smell funny:

5 Likes

“De-commoditization”, I like it. I do check my weights, but just to compare individual plant yields.
Smolz is a good looking cat, about half the size of my chonkers.

2 Likes

HahaHa…I did laugh out loud at the chonkers…Smolz is a new handsome addition to the stable this spring, so he is young and an agent of chaos. He showed up in my backyard in May. The Diego cat earlier is my chonker. He has been pretty good with the youngling…Cat Tax paid.

1 Like

I have found that getting a young cat every 4-5 years keeps the older ones busy and playful. And that neighborhood strays end up the most affectionate.

1 Like

Temp and humidity check.
Temps 74-77 F
RH 64%-67%

• RH is tough given the local lung room being around 70%.
    Hung whole pants for a day or so, then cut them down to manageable foot long chunks.
    I am not looking forward to my time in trimmer’s jail this weekend.
    Will be trying out the Grove Bags for the cure. Picked up a bunch of the 1 OZ bags.
1 Like

Can’t wait to hear what you have to say about the grove bags. I’ve seen a few posts around here about them, but haven’t read everything yet. I need to go find that thread, thanks for the reminder.

Be nice if you those temps could come down a bit, I know I find it difficult to get both temps and RH at 60.

1 Like

Been working through the trim job, and there is a lot to process.
The spear plant was over 6 Zs. Really with I could keep her, but more on that later
I think high temperatures and high RH really affected the density of the tops; they’re not near as solid as I would have hoped.
I am finding male parts on every plant. some more so than others.

• One had a lot of full blown male flowers in addition to a tom of nanners.
  • This is something that I have never seen in all the time I’ve been growing.
    Pretty sure this is why Mosca ran these seeds one time only and never have since offered them.

The Grove bags have been keeping everything in the lo 60s RH; lung room is high 60s-low 70s.
Still have a couple of bags in the fridge to get through…

2 Likes

Every one of these had a nanner or even full blown male flower present.
4 months down the drain.
Now there were high temperatures in play, but I really feel that the strain is not stable.
I notice that there have been no release of this cultivar in over a year.
-Take that for what it is worth.

2 Likes