Most uplifting, focus boosting strain you have grown?

durban for me, but only that special durban with that really distinctive floral taste. alot of durbans suck these days lol

c99 and apollo 11 (and their kids) are like this too but can be a little too much for me sometimes

8 Likes

Yeah that definitely sounds like the A5! Maybe tamed a bit from the SSDD which is what I was going for if she did show up. She comes through hard in crosses! That A5 is two generations out :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

For me, anything with Aussie Mullumbimby Madness or the Thia’s always seem to bring me an over all sense of well being.

3 Likes

For me best focusing day smoke

a clone only (G13 x AK47)

DTC 99 old version

2 Likes

I know @Upstate may know where to find those malawi

1 Like

grew it this year - links to the younger pics

Pics before chop

red stems - nice fruity smell growing - great spicy / cherry smell as the cure starts

5 Likes

No comedown? INTERESTING! I read the opposite. Extremely heavy daywrecker smoke. Did you pick while glands were clear? Did you grow a pack?
@MR.MaGoo check out East Africa Genes on the web. You’ll have to search. If you strike out on finding it punch it into icmag and a thread there has a link to the site. Tell Mike Landracer3 sent you. Same Malawi the landrace team has. 16-18 weeks flowering.
RSC has Afropips Malawi. I had some but I sent away the last of my seed to Colombia except for seed from a long flowering plant that was hermaphrodite. 14-16 weeks flowering.
The Most uplifting focused high? Oaxaca by Cryptic Labs takes top slot so far. (13-16+ weeks) Manipur is focused at 20+ weeks. . Kullu at 15 weeks. Peshawar Afghan is great and is very fast at only 10-11 weeks.
Ace Purple Malawi…10-11 weeks and great daytime smoke. If there is anyone willing to hybridize the peshawar and the purple malawi to pass out seeds to OG’s i expect it would be great. I’ll be running more Peshawar at some point and would supply Peshawar pollen and p malawi seed to a purple Malawi grower… I don’t know how it would work. Would this qualify as a coop run?
Kerala Chellakutti is probably right at the top for energy but i haven’t tried it yet. Very long flowering. Going to be running through quite a few kerala landrace/ heirloom strains pretty soon. I expect to find some more. Flowering times with the old Kerala strains are18-26 weeks.
Of course Thai and Jamaican. Read about speedy Panama. There is/ was a Florida cut on strainly.

9 Likes

Is this the old energetic Durban? I’ve been looking for that 1 longer than any other. I have a couple more I have to go through. One from snow high and 1 from love of landrace. Hoping to find that speed weed i read about.

6 Likes

I guess that for some people it might be a daywrecker. But not for me, its speedy gonzales and happy smiles :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: IMO, If you are after a daytime smoke, Malawi is worth a shot. I know that many people roll the same size joint with Ace Malawi as they usually do and it end up bad since its so strong. But as I said, you can take a small amount and its perfect for daytime and If you want to have an almost trippy experience, you can smoke a joint or two. I cut when i see the first Amber trichs showing since i want small amount of CBN in the smoke, my body is really sensitive to CBN and I cant keep my eyes open. Ive tried other Malawis and they are fantastic, but what i like with Ace is that it packs pretty much the same punch at only 12-13 weeks, with larger trichs and a better bud structure.

My old mon was found from around 50 seeds If I remember correctly, it could be more but shes gone now, got raided. But atm i got 5(from 10 fem seeds) good and stable moms im going to open pollinate to hopefully find just as of a special plant that i once had. If it fails ill probably buy more seeds from Ace to hunt through. I got my old mom from regs so that could also be it, but i know that they switched male since my last hunt so i might have to trade some old seeds to be able to find the same genotype.

When i get the Peshawar from you ill look for the catpiss expresion and cross it to my best Malawi for sure! Im on the hunt atm for other afghan NLDs aand ill cross them aswell.

Pz :v:t2:

4 Likes

well this would likely be ‘durban poison’, but the classic durbans i loved were around in late 90s early 2000s. a friend used to grow it outdoors every year back then, it was energetic and made colors look really vivid

4 Likes

I’ve got a Malawi/Panama that I crossed with a bunch of things.

Haven’t tried the crosses yet but the m/p is lethal speedy.

10+

5 Likes

Let me know if I can persuade you to part with some of them. We can figure out a way to compensate you im sure. @Foreigner

1 Like

I’m sure we can figure something out. Keep your eyes open in a couple of weeks :+1:

4 Likes

I had no idea sativas could take so long! This is probably why sativa nugs are so difficult to acquire unless you got da greenthumb

2 Likes

Yes mine took 13-14 weeks.

Not commercially viable. If you want it you have to grow it yourself. Heavy yielder too.

5 Likes

I’ve found Crockett’s Tangie to do this and doubly so when taken WITH ACDC (cbd). :+1:

3 Likes

For me it is Freakshow. I find the smoke uplifting, energizing, and it makes me want to get stuff done, without any hint of anxiety or paranoia. Originally got mine from @PetalPowerseed. :pray:

Also CinderEvil Auto from @Mr.Sparkle… which has Cindy99 (previously mentioned upthread :point_up_2:) In it’s lineage… :pray:

:robot:

10 Likes

Ghost Train Haze #1 by Rare Dankness just sticks out as my favorite “up” high. 2013 ish if I recall was a damn good year and I wish I still had that cut. Scooped some reg seeds from JBC last year but haven’t started down that rabbit hole just yet

4 Likes

Very generally speaking. . . anything Haze and almost anything with a lemon-focused aroma or taste are great heady “day smokes”.

For me personally, Durban has never disappointed me, and walks the fine line between “heady” and “stoney”. Couple puffs, heady. A full J to the dome, stone city :+1::rofl:. Even the cheapest 20-an-8th dispensary Durban didn’t taste or smell great, but still hit the mark in terms of effect.

7 Likes

Up to 26 weeks for the loooong flowers. Lambsbread went 23 weeks. Not commercially viable.

4 Likes