Mother’s Milk F2 reproduction

Here we go, very exciting, let’s get it on

6 Likes

Looks like 100% sweet!

6 Likes

Just caught up… what a roller coaster I’ve missed! Glad things have turned around for you.

6 Likes

Beautiful little seedlings, good work mate👍

4 Likes

Everybodies pots got topped up w a little ewc mixed w the germ mix. The 1 and 9 are showing what I think to be early deficiencies, have also noticed a few fungus gnats. Gonna have to start attacking them. First feeding today, foliar and drench w my aloe and herbal fpj.

24 Likes

Just an fyi to anyone wanting some mother’s milk f2 seeds 3thirteen seeds is giving away a 7 pk of mother’s milk f2 with a purchase from DCSeed Exchange.

13 Likes

Here we are working on third leaf sets. New pots, ~ 60/20/20 Fresh moo germ mix/ewc/recycled soil mix

I changed my assessment from early deficiency to heat/light/dry feet stress. New shoes and dialed in ppfd (~350-550) seems to have addressed the issue.

Edit: Neem spray and mosquito dunks have also cut the gnat’s down

39 Likes

Nice glad they are doing better.

I HATE GNATS SOOOO MUCH. :rage:
Neem over a week or two always has helped + a layer of rice hulls, but that doesnt really work in case you are top dressing.

5 Likes

Haha yea, beeen there:) Lately, I’ve made my peace w them. Very persistent little buggers, here in the northeast. Once the plants get bigger and I can switch to bottom feeding once or twice a week, that usually does them in for good. It’s while the plants are small and needing more regular waterings that they are vulnerable to the little suckers. They just have to accept that I will murder them once they show up:)

9 Likes

I love this post! I’ll deal with them a little as well, knowing damn well they are gonna be eradicated soon enough. And it’s true, they will give young seedlings the blues.

6 Likes

Gnatrol combined with yellow stickies are an awesome combo.

7 Likes

Agreed, always gotta have some stickies around. I use neem and some bronners soap every couple weeks as preventative, or more frequent (every3-4days) if there’s infestation. Takes out the flying ones pretty well, but not really all the larva. Gnatrol is good for killing the babies, I use that or the mosquito bits or this stuff called T-drops that I’m not even sure exactly what it is (came from a trustworthy grow shop and seems to work, it’s potent, one drop to a gallon). Rotating different methods of attack seems to help stop them from building tolerance to any one. I did use both the bits and gnatrol separately for a while and both did work at first but after some time the populations came back w resistance to both. That’s when I discovered that letting the top dry back and predominantly bottom watering (which is free) is the better way to get rid of them more permanently. Now I typically only see them at the early stages when I need to top water more frequently.

9 Likes

Mosquito bits work for me.

4 Likes

I swear by neem meal. I mix some into my soil mix and I’ll use some as a top dress. I havent had 1 gnat since doing this run after run after run.

7 Likes

Gnats are from overwatering, especially overwatering dead soil.

Its tough to water soil when plants barely have roots. It often ends up watering the unused portions of soil and because the roots are only in the upper inch or two of soil, and within a couple square inches.
A remedy i found is to use a sprayer to water just where the plant is, letting the rest of the soil go dryer.

Neem meal is great, too.

7 Likes

Maybe at times yes, they also show up in living soil thats being watered at the appropriate time to keep baby cannabis plants happy, ime. Especially if you live in a region that is friendly to fungal growth and keep a bunch of house plants.

11 Likes

One week later, just fed w my herbal aloe FPJ and some microbes. Neem and bronners foliar and drench.

50 Likes

Everyone looks like they are off to a solid start, will be stopping by as time allows to see these progress.

Not able to partake in any sessions happening but ill bring snacks.

download.jpeg

Happy growing!

10 Likes

a bunch of happy campers right there, I am along for this ride.

6 Likes

Neem and bronners together, that’s a new one, I like it, typically I rotate between bronners peppermint and dr zymes

6 Likes