MOTR Does Micro

Mississippi Mud containers for solution holders ? Love it and that type of beer also! LOL

4 Likes

ok, so i didnt know what ‘mississippi mud’ was until i googled it and now i need it in my life. fortunately theres a beer store local that sells it.

really interested in STS. CS looks like too much damn work, im in my garden every 3 days or so.

4 Likes

It has seen better days…most of my kitchen utensils have. I plan on replacing them after the youngest learns how to use them without them melting though still trying to teach the older son to cook on a lower temp

Yup! Nice and dark glass so the boys stay out of them plus its yummy…mom’s special treat though I have been known to buy alcohol just for the cool bottles like this one :stuck_out_tongue:

CS is said to be safer though something about electricity being so close to water scares me so when I tried it, I went with the premade silver. After 6 months and several clones later I tried STS and haven’t looked back since especially after learning the horticultural world prefers it to delay flowering for shipping

10 Likes

As promised here is an update before the next spray day…

Looking good though she is being stubborn to turn

Seeing the 2 pistils on one branch and not the other tells me to reduce spraying to every 3 days instead of 5 making today the next spray day. Hopefully on Friday, we’ll see those pistils shriveled though she may just be one of those that takes 4-5 wks to turn having strong female genetics

13 Likes

The beginning of balls or wishful thinking?

We should know in the next week as tomorrow is another spray day :stuck_out_tongue:

17 Likes

Hey @MomOnTheRun that box is really looking professional and clean and neat, I wish you max success and I am sure you will have it! :heart:

I will follow you :slight_smile:
Blessed be… I like the name of the strain: Lamb of God :wink:

JOY!!! RA

4 Likes

Hard to tell at this point I do believe you have a plant that is metamorphic at this state keeping fingers crossed for ya! Looking good @MomOnTheRun!

4 Likes

Thanks! Its a work in progress as my confidence builds in such a small space, so will upgrades :stuck_out_tongue:

Thats what I am hoping for…i’ll look again tomorrow before I spray (((fingers crossed)))

4 Likes

Looks like we have balls!

Though quite a few pistils that haven’t burnt off yet being stubborn

So I will continue the STS every 3 days with tomorrow being the next spray day

11 Likes

Congratulations @MomOnTheRun now we can sit back and watch the results, may you be blessed with lots of pollen.

Cheers Johnny

7 Likes

So I lost track of spray day and gave “it” a spray last night…should have looked here 1st ah well, they were yellowing anyhow so I went ahead and removed them as they won’t do a thing for the plant anymore

Before

After

Least we have formed balls!

So now I will not spray again for 5 days and that will be the last spray so he can do his thing. Time to get our girl ready…

After a trim

Spread out

And into the cabinet

I probably should have did a root trim while I was at it as the next one is due the 27th though I figure that is enough stress for now with only a bit more root growth triggering flower and gotta get her future buds ready for the “boy” …i’ll still collect “his” pollen and paint her a bit later as getting pollen this way tends to not spray like from a regular boy :wink:

11 Likes

Why are you mad at that plant @MomOnTheRun?
:cowboy_hat_face:

:stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Now that you have balls forming its doubtful you need to spray again, but at least when you do make sure the plant is in a happy state.

Something ive been considering when spraying plants, is if a plant is at a state where its more apt for water absorption through its leaves obviously it will take up our sprays of choice more readily.

… ps when are you gonna throw more plants in there ?, and or lets see a bigger pot for the mom to be :wink:

4 Likes

The only purpose of spraying “him” again in 5 days is to delay the action for the intended girl to catch up now that I know that “she” is a now definite “he”…its all in timing really for direct pollination ((cross fingers)) vs collecting an painting. At this moment in time, I am opting for direct pollination (best) though will “paint” to make sure watching the pistils discoloration for what is needed. Full disclosure, I have had success 7 of 8 times doing it this way in the last year

Its like any foliar feeding with a topping really…if watered within 24 hrs before a high stress technique, the roots clamp down and the leaves swell (my preferred transition for conditioning) then do nothing for 4-5 days. On the other hand, if wait until the next watering is needed then apply the high stress treatment, the leaves don’t show the telltale puffiness of nute intake/binding and roots tend to die in the aftermath…THIS is my learning curve going from full plants to micro in soil though in doing Bonsai (in between) I am starting to learn the difference which isn’t much really just timing and knowing what the plant (roots) can handle.

IF a plant is in distress and I cannot pinpoint it from from I applied, i’ll foliar feed to find out then adjust my toppings from there. Now sometimes its immediate while other times, it takes 3-4 wks to decipher just because I am not willing to put heinz 57 in my soil from the get go. Now I know this is my handicap with auto’s let alone micro grows so trying for something in between

I am not quite there in my confidence though its growing for sure…I know how the plants grow and what they need an their stages and have gotten better at hand watering though not as much as micro’s need soooo I am working on an in between solution using my self watering seedling incubator as a guide to try next with a no till approach since the blumat mini didn’t work…if this doesn’t then I will bite the bullet and REALLY learn dwc like you and TrevorLahey does. One step at a time :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

I love that!!! Enuf characters
:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

My head is spinning…:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

well im actually just a timed watering setup, or dripper setup in thought would be the closest

3 Likes

A little over watered at the moment though plugging right along

10 Likes

No DWC here. Just a pump in a reservoir with food on a timer with some hoses.

With that said, this round I’ve been hand watering the entire grow since I “upgraded” to a weaker pump that wasn’t strong enough.

I hand water 3 times in 24 hours in 1.7L pots.

I could just hook my old pump back up and have things automated again, but I’m liking the lowered humidity from not having a reservoir of water in the cab and also no more algae and no more adding pool shock to my reservoir and no more ppm/pH swings is nice.

I would say hand watering is better than automated watering if you can keep up on watering frequency.

Either way, its time to fill that cab up :wink:

6 Likes