MOTR grows with OniTenshu

Right on. I’ll add that to the list I have going for you

I wouldn’t bother personally. Could have been premature as some seed packs had a lot of immature ones that wouldn’t sprout and had to be replaced…this seed pack could have been apart of that. Hard to say.

Absolutely! Right now your covered until May…could do another quick run in the 3 gallons and get another 3 months before amending though this soil does best in 10+ gallons

3 Likes

Until the day I get a soil I can just water and amend as needed I’ll be happy enough learning to read the plants and establish healthy watering habits. For my current soil watering from the bottom definitely keeps moisture longest. I just have to let them fully drain afterwards and I’ll work on making something for them to rest on that isn’t a flat floor allowing any excess water to stay in the bottom and not drain out properly. Let’s hope this last attempt at watering allows the soil to dry out as expected. I suspect dry pockets are throwing off times alongside water retention problems.

I’m just picturing any powdered drink mix if you put it on liquid first before you pour more on. It just makes a giant bubble around the mix and it never mixes right after that and just clumps together all gross like. Soil when over dry and watered from the top looks the same to me. Dry dirt around the water instead of letting the water in.

2 Likes

@OniTenshu,
Are you wanting to drain to one side? If you have enough weight, you can do it temporarily, get some door and window frame shims at the hardware store and put some on the high side of your pan. You may need to use more than one, stacked, to get the right pitch. This is a simple workaround. If you need something more sturdy, or it moves around too much, you can take some epoxy or hot melt glue and attach them to the bottom. I had to do something like this before for something else and it worked like a charm.

3 Likes

I do have some supplies around the house to diy a screen style stand for the bottom of the plants. I just have to squeeze time aside. It’s officially my anniversary as of 4 minutes ago. most of my time will be focused on making today as good a day as I can manage to keep it on my end. I worked hard for the last 3 weeks to get a lot of oil. I didn’t expect to get as much as I did, but I’m not arguing with a gift. They were grateful for all the hard work and help I gave them. I also cut a toxic friend from my life. Already off to a good start mentally on a day where I want to be in a good spot mentally. I’ve gotten up to do stuff I couldn’t do before, so it’s worked out. Instead of small doses over time to manage I can do a few wasteful dabs that I can finish and not waste that completely remove my pain and not stone me out too bad. That and I’m able to keep myself from being as argumentative. If I’m asking for advice and snap back just see if I meant it in the way it was taken. I can word things poorly sometimes. I zoned out a lot in English.

I tend to zone out when I finally breathe and relax. Then I realize I typed a lot and forgot to filter myself. I edit where I can and fix typos if I notice them or too bad to leave

3 Likes

I have to charge my phone before pics, but the seedlings look a little light in color. I’ll let you be the judge of that. Sticking to the homework and making notes along the way.

1 Like

Here’s the pics. Maybe it’s my tired eyes. I’m about to spray them and add those pics to the post before I finish the post and head to bed

After Spraying

3 Likes

WELLLL,

They look ok to me…if your talking about the lighter color the new leaf set has coming up (middle sm pot), thats normal for newer growth. Anyway, have fun!

3 Likes

I plan to. I may pop in to say something s couple of times, but today I’m going the extra mile to hold everything back and keep it all in. At least for a day. It’ll be good practice for not having my chest feel like it’ll explode or in general getting used to that feeling

3 Likes

I have a lights out set of pics.

After I watered the heavily hydrophobic soil in the other pots the humidity became very high actually. I’ll see in the morning what the top end was.

They had a interrupted day in the environment. Though they seem to look happy in these last pics.

This was right before lights off. 1 hour after the above pics were taken.

5 Likes

They are looking great and on track to having a nice root system :wink:

3 Likes

I’m just happy the environment is starting to become better. Allergies have been awful.

Now the plants all seem very happy with the tent today. Pics will come later. Still waking up myself

3 Likes

Getting the water warmed up for spraying the seedlings. Here’s the pics before spraying

Temperature dropped too low when I was sleeping looks like

4 Likes

All are doing well and humidity is averaging 30%

4 Likes

Still looking happy and healthy!

66F is on the low side for the seedlings though shouldn’t faze them as long as it doesn’t go below that especially when they get watered as wet soil gets and stays on the cold side longer than consistently warm…don’t need to shock them like I did mine :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah not sure how they got cold TBH. The lights were on and the heat was set on 77f

2 Likes

Whelp some possibilities are the gauge is in a spot where cooler air is coming in, temps dropped outside making your heating system work harder to keep a certain temp etc really difficult to say though they do not look like they were affected…probably due to being raised off the floor so its all good :wink:

2 Likes

Watering the seedlings now. Watering using warm plain water. Not hot. Only 75-80f

Control soil wouldn’t hold more than 3tb water before runoff. Watered with the whole 6tb water though to be safe in case of dry pockets. It’s all draining anyways.

All 3 1" pots have been given 3tb water. No runoff on them at all. They happily soaked up the 3tb with no issue

3 Likes

Here’s the pics I just took of the group. I reset the hygrometer so they have their own one to see their environment more accurately. It’s much warmer for them than the rest of the tent. I saw 84f. The humidity is apparently really low at 16% and didn’t climb at all after watering. I placed it on the same box that’s being used as the stand for them. Out of direct light and airflow.

Almost forgot to add the clover picture. It’s growing pretty out of control in the pot here😅

4 Likes

How much water do I give the clover and do I add anything to it or just plain water like the seedlings?

I should be able to get some compost to add some microbiology and water retention to my soil to finish the grow properly should that be needed for this grow too. Sucks I can’t start a grow right after this one.

2 Likes

Perfect temp for seedlings especially with the Qb’s

Thats not surprising as they are in a large area and amount of water is just enough to get the soil moist (and hold it) til the next watering day on Monday. At this stage, humidity is raised by daily misting and/or water evaporation from nearby soil (or container) as well as, transpiration from larger/older plants :wink:

The clover is looking pretty, well established and holding a lot of water not allowing it to evaporate as quickly as bare soil while providing more aeration through its own root system. Because of this you can (and should) back off on watering/misting it :wink:

3 Likes