MOTR grows with OniTenshu

I checked and she sprouted on December 16th.
That makes her 10 weeks old today
I misspoke when I called her Crystal Candy. I wish she was

2 Likes

I definitely think either cold or low sun hours slows the autos down majorlyā€¦ according to my greenhouse experiment so far. I popped the beans on January 1st and 2 are barely in preflower.

5 Likes

I havenā€™t watered yet since you said to wait.

3 Likes

I only have a minute until the youngest goes to bedā€¦so like, since mixed the seedling soil or 1 Tb on Fri?

3 Likes

Since the water on Friday.

I have been out sorry. Set to add 2 tablespoons water tomorrow like you said to. Mixed soil seedling is my control soil so to speak. Iā€™m using the same care and schedule for that one too despite more soil. I only gave them water a day early since they started drooping to the side a bit like the head was too heavy. Well 2 days early actually. I think the air was not humid enough and they drank too fast or the soil dried a little faster

2 Likes

ok Just making sure we are on the same page while I am coming/goingā€¦Iā€™ll be back on later with my report - 24 hrs after transplant under high stress, what to expect this week and your honey do list/homework :wink:

4 Likes

Honey do list? Also now I want some honeydewšŸ˜… Iā€™ll see if I canā€™t get any tomorrow. Depends how in season or well the greenhouse grew them.

Iā€™ll need to make a reliable way of getting CBN without nuking my weedā€‹:sweat_smile: CBD is nice, but I donā€™t feel the need to smoke for hours after a good sized reclaim dab. Brain chemistry is odd is what I mean. IDK why CBN in particular helps me and doesnā€™t make me sleep like expected. Iā€™m only low energy, but I have enough to get up and do stuff now. Once I get a budget in place Iā€™ll be able to improve the grow by a lot. Iā€™ll get the rail for it all with the 2nd rail permanently at the very top holding the zxmean lights. They were very intense not gonna lie. For 30w actual draw they gave a sunburn in a few minutes of being near them. A mild one. I started to tan a good amount. They definitely had an effect though I liked seeing in my plants, but not up close where they caused rust spots. Theyā€™ll cast down filling any gaps in light from the 9 QB 120 Iā€™ll have in the tent at least initially. The even spread will be very good and I can turn the dimmer down during seedling and veg stage and crank it on high during bloom. If Iā€™m going to have the 4x4 I may as well get it set up properly agreed? Iā€™m thinking a intake fan and filter as well. Iā€™d have to move the tent after this grow into the living room and make use of the 2 circuits in this room if I added that much extra electricity load though. Iā€™ll just move my stuff in the other room to make my next grow better. I can get a small tent and put it in the kitchen when I can also. Lots of things planned. Now to get the income to do it. Iā€™ve rested long enough after I got hurt. Iā€™m able to walk at 5mph again. That was my base pace if I didnā€™t slouch when walking or drag my feet. It was neat to see I was walking fast enough to be seen by the radar though :joy: if I can lift things again and I reached 127 again from 110 it make sense. Iā€™m almost near the minimum for a healthy weight at my height. 140 minimum goal. Soon Iā€™ll be back to what I was before getting hurt and I can safely work manual labor again without concern for my back slipping again.

2 Likes

Sure though iā€™ll keep using homework if you prefer it :wink:

Little by little, 1 tweak at a time weā€™ll get you an awesome set up as the budget allowsā€¦ you just spent a lot of money all at once - lets get you some bud before adding anything else though by all means make your space your own :wink:

Yeah they are intenseā€¦its the uv so it HAS to be at least 18" - 2 ā€™ away whereas the qbā€™s HAS to be 16-18" awayā€¦could back off more though that leads to stretching and slow growth so many opt to use flouroā€™s for the seedling/early veg stage then see an explosion in veg under the boards with nice thick buds in flowering. Well, as long as they have the root system to handle it :wink:

Whelp, you could do something like this

2 2x2 panelsā€¦each panel has 2 Qbā€™s (yellow), 2 cobs OR far red puck (white) with space to store drivers and hang the zmeans individually 6-10" higherā€¦get a sonoff to wire to and control the system with an app to turn on blues for early veg, blues + far red (last 30 min) for mid veg, blues + far red + red through stretch then add in uv (60 min in 20 min increments) til harvest. Least thatā€™s my plan for the 2x3x4 lower cabinet though 1st once DBHP boy #7 is in flower, I am going to take the top 18" to add a seedling/clone chamber (heat rises) and a carbon scrubber so then iā€™ll have a 2x3x2 space for vegging in the middle before going into extra large pots at the bottomā€¦I may have it all together at the end of the year :stuck_out_tongue:

Absolutely though only as the budget allows :wink:

That may be beneficial in summer to push in cooler air

If thatā€™s what you have to do though keep in mind that the south side of a house will receive the most intense heat from the sun which can make cooling a bit more difficult in the summer

Yup! I want you to set aside $180.00 between now and the end of this grow (May)ā€¦60.00 a month. This will get you 20 gallons soil and a 20 gallon potā€¦10gallons for round 2 ( make own almost free nutrients) and 10 gallons for round 3 to layer on top to put together all youā€™ve learned next winter/spring. The 3 gallons you have now is being prepped as a base for ā€œsexing/early vegā€ soil :wink:

4 Likes

Alright, here are my Luckyā€™s settling in and warmed back up 24 hrs later

7ā€™s

Charms

Middle of the tent is

The last time I watered the 3gallon pot was the 12th so its overdue to keep the nutrients breaking down though the clover is happy for the time being

What to expect this week:
Luckys settling in their pots before growth resumes
Continued clover growth

What to do this week:
Mist clover and seedlings twice a week (the day after planned drench dayā€™s)
Water clover on 2 1/2c on Monday (drench day) with 1/2 tsp grow #1 and 1 drop white bottle
Do not water until Thurs, if not Friday
Keep warm 75-80Fā€¦70 at lowest, 85 at highest

Oniā€™s homework:
:pencil2: Mist Luckyā€™s and clover daily with plain water
:pencil2: Give each seedling 2 Tb water on Monday and 3 Tb on Thursday focus only on the outer edge of the plastic pot giving 1tsp at a timeā€¦give the control twice the amount
:pencil2: Start weekly pest management sprays on Saturdayā€¦neem is the go to though I like to alternate it with an essential oil mix: rosemary, sesame, peppermint, thyme, cinnamon and garlic in glycerin and water
:pencil2: Feed only the clover 2 1/2 c water on Monday (drench day) with 1/2 tsp grow #1 and 1 drop white bottle focus only within an inch from the edge of the pot 1/4c at a timeā€¦should be able to circle the pot at least twice
:pencil2: Keep temps 70F at lowest to 85 at the highest by turning extraction fan up/down as needed

5 Likes

Iā€™ll have to see about grabbing some neem.
I can use a 30ml dropper bottle to get the 2 tablespoons water in the pots and a spray bottle for misting.

My original plan if the budget allowed was to mix my own soil, but all in due time. For now outside of my homework an extra task is finding a place nearby thatā€™s hiring and does paper forms I can fill out or a computer I can use to apply online. My phone crashes on the old formatting before mobile optimization. A lot of other stuff happens every time before, but the short very is it bricks my phone each time. Getting it working again after it overheats isnā€™t easy or fun.

Iā€™ve been walking around lately to see if I canā€™t find a place not completely online or pretentious. Regardless of how much I need a job if Iā€™m going to freak out soon after starting Iā€™ll just suck it up and look for a different place. Iā€™m tired of having a resume of being fired or temp work. The only places thatā€™ll hire me rn are sales companies as I apparently built a reputation with them at least. The only ones calling me need me to have a car. Iā€™ll get my life together. This isnā€™t me moping. More saying it in public to get my ass moving finally. A few places a day is fine and all, but Iā€™m gonna have to bump it up to 5 a day I apply to if I want some job. I ran out of places in my city I havenā€™t applied to finally :sweat_smile: :grimacing:

I have another method of making money Iā€™m sure as we all do, but Iā€™m not in that life anymore. Iā€™d rather just grow my own and not deal with all the drama. Market is flooded and not worth my time anymore

2 Likes

Seedlings have been given water as told. Clover Iā€™m getting the water ready for. I sprayed the clover and seedlings both also. Humidity is currently in a nice spot. Now that the weather has started to become more humid the tent is looking much better.

Once I get the plants taken care of Iā€™ll be gone for the rest of the day for them coming back right at the end before lights on to check on them.

As for the light in this section of my house this living room is almost always facing the sun. It has 3 windows in 2 walls. The only time the sun isnā€™t facing this room is mid afternoon when itā€™s in my kitchen window. The only time the grow room gets direct sun is when it first comes up. Then it quickly moves over here and wakes me up every morning around 6-9am. Depends on how tired I am and if I turned to the wall to escape light soon enough.

As far as wiring in my house goes I only know of 1 breaker going to that room. Thereā€™s 3 unmarked switches that control the 2 garage half under me and the 3rd controls a outlet outside. No idea if any cross wiring is on any of the switches. Itā€™s not to code though. If any room in my house would be good for growing itā€™s my kitchen.
Look at this monstrosity

3 Likes

Local Public library is good for internet access and free computer use

4 Likes

My local library had a identity theft problem once before. They donā€™t secure the network at all and itā€™s easy to hack.

Personally Iā€™ll never issues those PCā€™s. No privacy. Iā€™ll look for paper applications I can use instead

I would rather be an optimist and be wrong than a pessimist and be right.

8 Likes

Keep in on topic or shut it down.

Yā€™alls choice

2 Likes

IDC if it stays. My point being Iā€™m not ashamed of who I am or working at my own pace to stay sane. Some of us have problems and have no proper way of staying calm or in control of their emotions for various reasons. Weed helps, but nothing is perfect especially when personally attacked.

Not many strains can screw my head on straight. Only a few times in my life have I been in full control of my emotions and mind. Each time it happens Iā€™m able to discover why I act a certain way or a method that helps me with a disorder I have.

So far my only hint is CBD helps mildly, but itā€™s not enough to treat everything. THC treats my psychosis and memory loss, but not much else. CBG helps my back and joints mainly. CBC helps THC to treat my mind and body while not sacrificing the antipsychotic side of THC I experience.

Last year I made gummies with all of them in it and it was still missing something. With my recent experience with straight CBN Iā€™ve learned that itā€™s better than THC at being an antipsychotic and the effects I feel with THC for my mind are likely small amounts of CBN helping psychosis.

One day Iā€™ll find my perfect strain and finally have a grasp of sanity. Until then I do apologise for anything I may do that breaks the rules or directly offends anyone. in general I treat others with the respect they treat me with. I start off nice and match the energy being directed at me. Always been that way and itā€™s how I react to things unfortunately. I made plenty of enemies and a good amount of friends who accept me for how I am and while supportive arenā€™t afraid to smack me in the back of the head when Iā€™m being stupid and I should know better. Some of my good friends used to be enemies who I managed to work things out with. Life is funny that way. Iā€™ll get mad one day and about 5 minutes later Iā€™ll have already forgotten it unless itā€™s repeatedly shoved in my face.

Iā€™m not letting myself get that stressed to the point where I lose control over myself again. I donā€™t have the 10g bud a day to stay sane through all my problems at once rn, so I work slowly to stay alive and sane. As a bonus my issues slowly decrease and my need to medicate as much also decrease with it.

Anyways Iā€™ve said my peace and kept it as in the rules as possible. Lucky 7s turns out to have a profile that looks very promising for medicating my issues without the need for sedation. Zkittlez was the last strain I smoked that had a what I consider perfect profile. Other than the taste it didnā€™t make me feel like I was having to hold myself back constantly just to not get locked up in a asylum. I was able to let go and relax fully for a glorious 3 hours before the effects lessened over the next hour. Iā€™m really hoping that Zelda or Midna offer something similar, but Iā€™ll be realistic and hope for at least a break from my psychosis problems. Itā€™s a collection of things that arenā€™t worth going into here.

With how fast Midna grew in 21 days Iā€™m excited to see the lucky 7s as theyā€™re already ahead of Midnaā€™s pace at that age.

Assuming the day to flip is still March 10th they may not yield a lot, but should give enough to make me happy. I can buy more seeds if lucky 7 works with my body and brain chemistry as well as it reads like it will.

4 Likes

You donā€™t have to though its more ideal to prevent a potential outbreak than it is to eradicate one and with spring on its wayā€¦

Yup and I told you I would help you with thatā€¦I understand if thatā€™s too much to save up and can scale it back to ~$60.00 for Sunshine mix #4 and Earthworm Castings, send you starter nutrients for the 20 gallons of soil and have you get the top dresses as the 2nd 10 gallon grow happens so the purchases are more spread out

Yeah, they wonā€™t though enough to see if it helps, train you to train your plants and get more consistent results :wink:

You canā€™t as they are discontinued and sold out though you can take clones of the known girlsā€¦in a seperate area, put them under your corn cobs ~10" away to root for ~2 wks, train roots in 1" pots for 2 wks then 3" pots for 4 wks = 8 wks then either clone to replace what you flower or hang tight to the males to put them under the corn cob lights in a separate area and do a seed run when you have no other girls in the tent.

I will be cloning and doing a seed run right after this bud run so we can go through the steps togetherā€¦totally up to you :wink:

3 Likes

Hey Onitenshu!
Iā€™m glad your backā€¦I enjoy your grow. You are way better at detailing and documenting your grow then I. Iā€™m proud of you coming backā€¦takes a pretty big person. I will say this in a super supportive and hopefully not a misunderstanding way that when I can remember to be on the half full side of the glass I call life I do find itā€™s like a self fulfilling prophecy. Iā€™m trying to say that it seems to get better when I look for things to be grateful for. Itā€™s so hard online sometimes cuz you donā€™t hear all the parts of normal conversationā€¦inflection and body language etc.but know thisā€¦Iā€™m in your cheer sectionšŸ˜€. Keep up the good work your making lots of progress!!

5 Likes

Oh yes 100% if I can try my hand at cloning them I want to. I dug out the 5th seed and it fully dried out. No rotted appearance. It may have just not been moist enough for long enough in the soil. I only let them sink in the water after 24 hours before I put them in the soil. No tails formed before they went in the soil too. Iā€™ll just see if I canā€™t get the 5th to sprout and use the windowsill once the weather warms up a bit. Worst case I could clone it in their place if things donā€™t line up on my end. Iā€™m hoping the job I found wants me and Iā€™ll be able to grab stuff to start making my own supersoil and keep amending it as needed to keep it healthy

3 Likes

I try to live up to my mistakes. I canā€™t grow as a person and help myself if I ignore my issues and pretend everything is fine. The same applies to my plants. They canā€™t help themselves if issues are ignored

4 Likes