MOTR grows with OniTenshu

The humidity is climbing up to 26% so far. Already way better than before and the fan is still higher than it was a few days ago.

I finally got the compost and it’s just warming up now before I topdress with it. The plan is to use some clover seed in a small amount of compost mixed with the tiny amount of seedling soil left to spread it around the edges of the pot.

I plan to finally let them go free without training ties to see how they act without restraints now that stems have started to get rigid where it’s bent.it should give a little extra life to the soil too.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Oni’s 2nd grow. Continued

I wired in the extra length for the light and was able to remove the cardboard box under the driver letting it rest in the floor no longer against the tent.

I have some pics from before lights off too

2 Likes

Last night while looking for sex…
How did that work out for you then?
Did you score?

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Sounds like it did if she’s talking about it😂

2 Likes

Air flow is pretty important huh? I am glad your humidity is rising for ya

Sounds like a nice plan for your older girls though go easy on it as they will be flowering pretty soon - I say no more than 1/4c per 5 gallon pot…you could even practice cloning with Tulip - make your cuts 2 nodes down and follow your guide of choice using your cob light 6-8" above the cuttings in a separate area like a closet

Nice! All looking great except for the runt…its not taking the feeding well at 1/2 the normal dose so we’ll probably have to tone down the feedings for that one a bit more though we’ll see how it does over the weekend and make a final analysis on Tuesday :wink: The clover is getting pretty scraggly though its expected and has done its job so whatever dies off, its no big deal

Still lookin’…high standards and pitty those kind hearted souls that do have an interest :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Awesome :blush: that’s what I did and I mixed up new topsoil on Zelda a bit ago. Evenly spreading clover seeds across the entire topsoil. Tulip I left alone for now. I sprayed the seedlings while I was in there. The water was at 74f. Same as room temp.

Otherwise not much else to mention while they sleep other than they all look to be pushing through this happily now. All leaves raised up on Tulip again, Zelda is improving faster than I can keep everyone updated with a 2 update a day frequency, and the seedlings are growing all they have very nicely.

Humidity increased even more I noticed. It’s approaching 30% and now that I can raise the lights I can when needed again.

2 Likes

Edit: that was short lived. I just went and saw the tent looked inflated almost. The exhaust fan was unplugged. I plugged it back in and it’s back on 50% again. Though I didn’t smell anything really :sweat_smile:

:joy::joy::joy:
I have no words to describe what’s happening.
Humidity is at 56% now. 71% on the other one.

I’m just happy it’s improving :blush:

3 Likes

With that in mind I need to figure out how to get that humidity for them regularly while they make it in that range.

I was all happy for a minute that my tent was finally in a good spot :joy: it’s what I get for being happy. It always goes sour.

2 Likes

I never responded to the clover, but this is the 2nd time it’s died back like that. I’ve noticed once they die back that root system gets stronger before growing back. The ones in the pot Daisey was in just won’t die no matter what I do. They had died back to soil level, covered in topsoil, and then resown with a few new seeds around the edges. It just grew out of control like that after.

Maybe you know why, but if I were to guess it’s the nitrogen fixing bacteria keeping the clover alive if I didn’t already have it in my soil. They almost completely die off and then come back strong once the clover that died mulches. It does go faster if I bury the clover, but I think that’s just the normal function of it there. I don’t know enough to know for certain if it’s the same thing, but it does appear to be similar at least.

As for the lights am I still switching them today to 12/12?

Also any updates on homework to help me stop asking you this so often while you have puppies to tend to?

2 Likes

The control seedling is looking very wilted today. It was fine awhile ago and now it’s looking sad.

4 Likes

I don’t know about clover indoors, but the masses of it I have outside dies down with too much heat then will spring back with a good watering, clouds or basically any wet or gloominess.

3 Likes

Yeah the shaded ones do best, but the ones that hardened off to intense light died out in the shade. Funny LoL :joy:

3 Likes

Well damn! Remember the environment will fluctuate each time you mess with it especially if/when the exhaust gets unplugged…looking inflated is more than likely caused by the circulation fan pulling the cooler air in without any real escape

Clover is pretty tough once its well established…thats what makes it a great living mulch

I really don’t know…just don’t pay that much attention to clover as I use it to absorb some of the nutrients and create extra aeration with their roots in the top portion of the soil - if it dies, it dies

No, we’ll let them get a bit bigger and top them once they reach 6 nodes (leaf sets) high…should be soon as they are picking up growth now

At this stage, its caring for the momma while she cares for the puppies…their 1 on 1 care comes in a couple weeks: preventative de-worming, early neurological stimulation etc

Alright, homework for this week:
Sunday: plain water - 1/2c (8tb)…for the ones you were able to remove soil from dump in 1/4 c all at once, wait 3-5 minutes and do it again. For the others, you’ll have to give 1 tb at a time

Thursday: 1/2 tsp Grow Drench #1 in 2c water…1/2c (8Tb) for all - same way as tomorrow’s watering. Probably will need to further dilute it for the runt though we’ll see how it looks on Tuesday before adjusting

Friday: 1/2 tsp Transition Foliar per 2 c water

That one is definitely thirsty and won’t be able to wait until tomorrow so you can either give it a sip with 4Tb water today then again tomorrow OR give all 8 Tb today and skip tomorrow altogether

3 Likes

I watered with 60ml at once and I’ll give it another tomorrow to keep it on the same schedule and hopefully it’ll last properly now

2 Likes

While I am doing a picture dump, may as well update my Lucky’s while I am at it…

The Charms cuttings aren’t looking so hot which figures as I have yet to be successful cloning a top. Thinking I may as well get something out of them, I continued their 12/12 light schedule… 12 days from flip, 5 days from cutting yet still no sign of sex. Probably because they are struggling then again the main plants haven’t shown yet either so who knows. Its too soon to give up on them quite yet so we’ll see what they do

Charms after a few days of lst work

7’s after a few days of lst work

Now just waiting until the lower growth has a couple more nodes before I thin them out taking clones again. Least the bottom growth sets roots for me every time :stuck_out_tongue:

The Charms F3’s are doing their thing still in the microcab at 12 days old…4 days since their up pot so should be taking off here pretty soon

Whelp, that’s all I have until Wednesday’s update unless something changes

6 Likes

Sounds good. I’ll boil up some water and let it sit out for tomorrow to give to the bunch.

With the temperature at the spot it’s at should I lower the temperature in the house some more or leave it? As for lowering temperature I have it set to 72 now as I’ve been gradually dropping it in preparation for flower. Working down little at a time.

2 Likes

Leave it. At this stage with qb’s, we want to aim for 77 - 82F day and 65 - 70F night…aiming for the lower side of the numbers is beneficial to account for temperature fluctuations as mother nature tries to bring on Spring :wink:

Sounds good

3 Likes

The water just has to adjust back up. I guess it got a little cold overnight and it’s 68f now. J could place it near mg heater, bug I’d risk warming it. For now I’m leaving it alone to hear your thoughts on the plan for the water.

I’ll add more pics in a few minutes. Getting ready to head out for a hour or so after that.

On a separate note those cuttings I took are doing pretty good, but not staying still, so I’ll probably just LITFA and wait to see what survives. They drank up a decent amount of the water they were in already, so I poured more in. Nothing special about the water. Just some dirt particulate left in there from the compost/topsoil mix. I grabbed it in a rush once I started cutting realizing I didn’t have anything to put them in. Even the ones that are just 1" tall in total are doing well. They’re all reaching for the light and not wilting at all. Nice upward angle leaves. If nothing else the tiny ones are adding hormones into the water fir the 2 acceptable sized ones.

3 Likes

I gave them all the water as recommended. Change of plans and I’ll be going out until tomorrow.

1 Like