MOTR grows with OniTenshu

Cool! Dunno - that looks too easy of a spot. Up here we do stash n dashes through the summer though give hints through rhymes and pictures. The deal is if its not found in 24 hrs you have to give another hint and has to be retrieved after 48 hrs if not found and you have to hide a stash before finding one…I think the longest a stash took to be found was 12 hrs and that was due to being hid in a random spot out by Cantwell where almost no one ventures unless headed to/from Fairbanks. Lots of fun though

Definitely getting their stretch on now :stuck_out_tongue:

Dunno dude, AAA+ for trying - hopefully something comes from the perseverance

Absolutely! Step by step its coming together

They are all coming along nicely with a lot less stress :stuck_out_tongue:

Oni is doing all the work, I am just giving guidance for whats being reported with known inputs and variables :wink:

5 Likes

For all reasonable logic that should be dead. I just shoved them in the soil thinking they’d get composted and it’s growing the leaves it has longer now. IDK what reason, but shit I’ll take even a small amount off that one.

2 Likes

Just checking before I water them if it’s watering day today or more specifically if we’re keeping the same schedule as the last 2 weeks. The rest of the tent has been watered and tended to.

Penny

If I didn’t mention it or it wasn’t noticed yet she’s a strong female too. She went from a hint to covered overnight.
Babs

The auto is a little bent over. Looking like it’s stem is skinnier than it used to be. I sprayed the soil surface and watered the clover too.
Auto

One of the males is purpling out here. I had to remove 2 leaves as they just were getting eaten and abused. Wasted energy. They are looking better than before at least. They just don’t look happy and I can understand how they feel. If I was suddenly homeless I’d be in a bad spot too.
Males

3 Likes

The auto is looking better once I gave it some water and the Lucky’s also look pretty pleased with the water too. I changed the water for the males too. They’re improving slowly, but surely.

The male there is definitely purpling big time out here

Penny

Babs

Auto

Males

3 Likes

Those males are doing really well for just chilling in water like that. It worked out well that the ladies were on either side like that, I think they’ll appreciate the extra space.

3 Likes

Honestly I’m thinking the same thing about the males. I should work on putting something in the cups with the roots and stems, so the copper wires don’t have to be in there too much longer. Currently it seems they don’t mind what the copper is doing. I guarantee I’ll regret saying that😅

As for the girls that could not have worked out better yeah.

3 Likes

Anything plastic should work. Fishing line would be good too.

3 Likes

I have a lot of styrofoam around the house. Otherwise I could melt some plastic and make pellets. I’ll be out for the night before I come back tomorrow. I was told I should get a call on Monday, so I’m keeping myself near a train station to get there ASAP once I’m called in.

4 Likes

The same…This is the last week for foliars :wink:

Be careful as the 1st sign of dampening off is a narrower stem at the base though doesn’t look to be the case here as it’ll look more pinched than anything else whereas this lil one is growing so fast like most auto’s, you’ll see some weird things one moment then it’ll catch up with itself and look a bit different the next moment :wink:

Yeah, that purpling is from being cold…probably too much for them though like real troopers trying to pull through in their new climate. I am more concerned with the yellowing in the new growth pointing to ph swings (curved leaves) locking out iron though all in all not bad doing their best to hang in there

Right?!? Couldn’t have planned it if we wanted to :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

They look really happy now. Seems that I just caught them at a bad time earlier.

Lucky Girls

Lucky Boys

There. I was giving them shaded light this whole time as with how cloudy it is 3-4pm is their best time to get intense light.

5 Likes

Oh yeah the potato plant finally sprouted today too :star: it was so white I almost didn’t notice it​:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

All the plants are doing great. The males look a little sad, but roots are starting to find their way through the holes in the net cup. The color is expressing much stronger today. Maybe today we can get some sun again. They’ve been in cloudy/raining weather since I topped them really.

Lucky Boys

Lucky Girls

Auto

4 Likes

You don’t want to move that pot with the baby higher so it’s closer to the light? That’s quite the stretch going on there.

Speaking of stretch @MomOnTheRun what happens if you leave them to grow like that? Long space between nodes that will decrease yield? Curious…

4 Likes

I can work on that tomorrow. I just had a trial by fire first day of work. I got praise for my enthusiasm and in about a week I’ll be on my own. Sadly I didn’t get to check on the plants at all past my morning update.

5 Likes

One thing I loved about My Gramps, He left tons of bricks and cinderblocks in my backyard. They are very convenient for stacking things in a pinch. lol

5 Likes

I’m not allowed to use anything from the house. I’ll have to buy some stuff when I get my first check. Getting more QB in the tent will take a little longer after I realized I’m going to be putting down about 200 after the driver and wires are purchased. 250 if I add the aluminum rack to keep everything neat and steady. Also freeing up room to move the plants around the tent will help a lot. Tulip has been focusing on a single spot to move all her tops to. Maybe it’s just the tendency of the plant to form a conical bush, but before I add more lights the plants need some extra care to not be directly on the ground and to have a tray under the “tray” that is actually going to catch water. Also I’m training Zelda and Tulip again when I can. Tulip especially, but Zelda needs her top gradually pulled down or something to get her tops level with the rest of the tent canopy.

3 Likes

They have a bit further node spacing though the Lucky 7’s just want to stretch. Here’s my girls 8" from the light

and now sitting at 12" away 4 wks from light flip

Pretty typical of the Stardawg male

I am not sure on the auto…probably wasted energy stretching instead of giving to node growth? Definitely should be closer like the Lucky’s

Tulip is looking real pretty…spreading her out a bit will help even her out though no more training after the 1st as there will be no more growth as the plants focus on bud development exclusively

5 Likes

Okay cool. How should I train them do you think? I want to even out Zelda’s canopy as her top raised up too high after I had let the wires holding/cutting her stem release. My best idea is to use a measured length of something that will pull on her and a weight that will start light and add on more over time to gently pull her down. Tulip will most likely be a similar one. Just a weight training to pull them out adding more weight as needed.

Now on to the Lucky’s:
The males have resumed growth and have started to build a mycorrhizal connection like how my Mom’s plants do in those cups. They may be a possible albino algae, but idk enough about that to know if that’s a thing. The bigger one is turning purple at a steady rate. The new growth on the tops are starting to darken the tips and if that’s not necrosis on new growth I’ll see a beautiful purple leaf pattern form. It’s in a more shaded spot than the one with 2 leaves that is still working on growing new leaves and rooting itself into the cup. The purple one is now going to be Bugs. He’s earned it :ok_hand:

Bugs

Name TBD male

The cutting also I checked on. It’s rooting or already has. I tried to gently pull to see if it’s rooted or going to slide right out. It’s rooted and firmly in place as ugly as it looks now. The fact that it’s doing good is nice to me. It’ll also give me a outdoor female that will have some level of cover crop with the potato plant. I’ll be curious to see how it grows as with the rooting it’s likely to survive if not eaten first.
Rooting cutting

Potato

Penny is stretching out big time now. Babs is not far behind. I’m figuring out breaking down a plastic crate to give the plants some way off the ground.

Penny

Babs

The auto seedling isn’t too tall. It’s up to my 2nd knuckle on both my index and middle fingers. It’s a little light in color, but it’s stem has lost almost all red and mottling it had before and the leaves are growing a decent size and pace. I officially need to start writing down notes about what I do in the tent.

1 Like

That sounds like a good plan for Zelda as she is mostly woody so isn’t going to budge much though for Tulip, I would be a bit more aggressive…start with the tallest cola’s and gently pull them down to where the 3rd tallest cola’s are then pull down the 2nd tallest cola’s to match the level of the rest - get them as even as you can so there is an imaginary flat line at the top

This will open her up so the lowers can get more light and grow up to become apart of the canopy

Once this initial pull down is done then its just a matter of pulling the ones down that try to shoot up further than the imaginary line every 2-3 days…its usually done at the start of stretch to make the most of it though at the end is ok just less time to set the branches

Maybe, idk - not enough experience in hydro. That plant above (Triple Cheese) was my 1st and only attempt in a dutch bucket. It was really annoying and a lot of work especially in the beginning when a slime like algae would develop on the roots - every 3 days I sprayed it all off, changed out the water and added different combinations of peroxide, hydroguard, pool shock and even bleach at one point. After awhile it stopped though not sure which treatment actually did it

The little girl that could :stuck_out_tongue:

That will help get air circulation all around the pot as well as, getting them a bit higher up closer to the taller girls height

She does have a bit of stretch to her though all in all not bad and will be fine as long as she doesn’t add too much more height and fall over…some of it could also be the 12 hrs of light she is receiving as auto’s do prefer longer daylight hrs. Least she is above the clover now :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I can start training them tomorrow once they wake up. I spaced out and forgot it’s my friend’s birthday today, so we’re celebrating. Penny and Babs are really putting on height today.

2 Likes