MOTR grows with OniTenshu

I almost missed the watering today as I had to pull a double at work, but I managed to do it right before I left. Phew😅 just in time. I was wondering when the bloom would be used

4 Likes

What week of flower are those in? So, I know when to pinch baby buds in future. That was a cool explanation on roots. So pretty much around 3 weeks between initial transplants? That’s how I have usually figured it and top leaves spanning pot. I did not know about the 3 in 10 weeks part, although I’ don’t think I’ve ever needed to transplanted anything past that anyway, still good to know.

6 Likes

Oni is going into 4wks…perfect time as stretch is slowing getting ready to focus on bud growth. Now if these were more than a 10 wk flower then we’d wait until next week :wink:

Thanks…working on it :stuck_out_tongue:

Pretty much though depends upon how long you want to veg for, size of plants want, available space etc. On average its…

2 transplants:
Seedling stage: 1" sprouting pot for 10-14 days -> 3"-4" pot
Early veg/sexing stage: 3-4" pot for 21 days -> 3 - 5 gallon final pot
Final pot for flowering…4 1/5 - 5 wks veg time + 10 -12 wks flower = 14 1/2 - 17 wks or 3 1/2 - 4 1/4 months total

3 transplants:
Seedling stage: 1" sprouting pot for 10-14 days -> 3"- 4" pot
Seedling/early veg/sexing stage: 3-4" pot for 21-28 days -> 1/2 - 1 gallon pot
Veg stage: 1/2 gallon pot for 21 days or 28 days for a 1 gallon pot -> 5-7 gallon final pot
Final pot for flowering…6 1/2 - 10 wks veg time + 10 -12 wks flower = 16 1/2 - 22 wks or 4 - 5.5 months total

Yeah, that’s my personal rule as it ends up costing more for me in electric if I go past 10 wks veg unless I keep them small or find a way to do light deprivation on bigger plants outside… most start off in a solo cup or 3-4" pot then do a single transplant while others will do 2 transplants depending upon time frame, pots being used, available space etc

7 Likes

So Babs isn’t looking happy to me. She’s not sad either, but she’s definitely trying to tell me something. I lowered my lights once I saw they were still at 18-20" away. Now at 14-16". I lost my ruler and measuring tape to be accurate, so I only have estimations based off the length of certain things around my house.

Edit: I found something 12" long exactly and used it in place if a ruler to get the lights to 14". Also good thing I went in. I spaced and forgot to adjust the lights up fir stretch and Penny was at 6" from the lights :sweat_smile: no burning at least, but phew close one.

Penny

Babs

Bugs

Nameless one

Auto

Group and overhead shots

6 Likes

She appears ok to me just not praying like her sister, red that’s limited to the leaf stems that they both have and a little on the yellow side in her top leaves though all of that is fine as its not spreading or have any other symptoms and can be explained by the quick growth…her buds are a little smaller though that may be just natural for her as she is showing a different expression. We’ll keep a closer eye on her :wink:

Great catch!

OOps lol I have had plants grow up into the qb’s - while some have had burning from them at 4" distance, ime they won’t burn unless touching it though I think their qb’s were the more powerful ones. Either way, its best to keep them at the “safe” 14-16" distance through flowering :wink:

5 Likes

Night pic’s. Cleaning.not a lot of time to type. Responsibilities have me scatterbrained today.

5 Likes

Looks like gnats have overpopulated and swarmed me. I hadn’t seen any in awhile, but this morning I go in and I saw a swarm on Tulip’s clover patch.

Penny

Babs

Bugs

Nameless one

Auto

4 Likes

I seen 1 in my tent last week. I set an apple cider trap and next day had one floating in trap. Haven’t seen another one since. I am sure they are there. Little bastards must of came in with the soil.

3 Likes

Yeah. It’s likely that’s the case. I’ll have to keep stocked in yellow sticky traps and beneficial bugs in the tent.

4 Likes

I have to head out after I post this. Working hard. As much as I’d enjoy 3 days off in a row I want to make money.

Penny

Babs

Bugs

Nameless one

Auto

9 Likes

Coming right along…look at those trichomes forming - very nice! :stuck_out_tongue:

Answered about the bugs on your other thread though forgot to suggest ripping out the clover turning into a dead mulch or remove it altogether if its too bad as they like to “hide” in it…awesome that the humidity is finally up though now it needs to be lowered to ~35-40% now that your at the end of stretch - turn the exhaust fan back up a bit :wink:

6 Likes

Work while you can brother. I am about to head up north to pump 72 hours of ot in 6 days. This way my wife cant complain if I invest a portion

7 Likes

Off to see avenger’s endgame and I’ll be back tomorrow. Hopefully before I go to work :sweat_smile:

The cutting officially has a name. I pulled her out the other day and no roots, but a tearing sound happened. She wasn’t that rooted, so probably being choked out in that shaded corner. I placed her near bugs and now I see a new green growth barely visible on top. Now she’s Rosie. Like in Thomas the tank engine and also as in Rosie the riveter. Why won’t she give up?:sweat_smile: IDK and IDC. I’ll take a survivor for sure.

The Auto is doing really well in that pot. I admit I forgot to do my homework in it. Just water only and after it got leggy I added some frass to the soil. Plain water otherwise just like Tulip and Zelda.

I turned the extraction fan up to 50% and the humidity is now bordering 50% also.

I chopped down a lot of clover and some cilantro too. All base stem clover have been mulched in all pots. They’re definitely going to be thirsty in the morning. I’ll try my best to get home tomorrow morning-early afternoon.

Penny

Babs

Bugs

Nameless one

Rosie

Auto

Group and overhead shots

5 Likes

Change of plans and I stayed home instead of going to the movies. Good thing I did as I caught Tulip turning male. Bananas and balls all over the place. I’m pull her out now. She’s done this on every node everywhere.

Penny is making a nice sized cola now.

Penny

Babs

The auto needed water badly, so it’s good I came home.

Auto

I didn’t check on the males yet. Busy dealing with Tulip

4 Likes

You have to admit though Oni’s idea about the fugnas gnat’s is pretty good. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Tulip is out of the tent and plants have been rearranged. I’m using the cage from my other fan to raise them off the ground a little. Picture is right after lights off.

I’m changing the water on the males again. For now Tulip is on my living room. I might put it in my kitchen with Daisey as she loves to smell weed. If she wanted to eat it she’s fully allowed to. Tulip is fully hermed out.

Bugs

Nameless one

Rosie

3 Likes

I thought so too. If you already have milk in the fridge you can probably spare a little bit for a soil treatment I thought. Also I thought milk was cheaper than mosquito bits, neem oil, ladybugs, nematodes, and pesticides :sweat_smile:

Also a bag of sand costs me more than a gallon of milk.

Vinegar is cheaper if you grab any kind. Apple cider vinegar is about the same price as a gallon of milk. That’s the only one they go for in my house. They don’t all like it either. I’ve had a lot of traps and they mostly ignore it. If it’s heavily diluted anyways you can just grab a half pint of milk and spend a dollar or so on milk.

4 Likes

Bummer on the she-male :scream:

3 Likes

It was always a possibility anyways. It was a GSC bagseed. Genetics prone to turning intersex and bagseed increasing those odds. Her odd calyx shape was my first clue something was going to happen. Ah well. Makes training Zelda less of an issue. I have to figure out how I’m doing that. Her stems are too hard to bruise from pressure between my fingers. I hurt myself trying to squeeze a thin stem awhile back. It was not yielding to pressure at all. Bruised my fingers trying :sweat_smile: I get paid next Friday, so until then I have free options only.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can spread out Zelda’s branches a bit and possibly even out the canopy? Even if I get more lights she’s too close to herself and leaves are becoming a mold risk. IDK what training method to try and I should get on this sooner not later before I lose my whole grow from neglect.

1 Like

That really sucks! Sorry for your loss though glad you caught it…RIP Tulip

Definitely! Move/cut the clover away from the base of her stem

Kinda though not really…they are attracted to milk just like they are to vinegar. The milk can and will reduce the fungus they feed on though that’s it unless they drown like with vinegar traps just milk traps have to be changed out more frequently as it goes sour real quick creating more fungal food for them

To be effective, their life cycle has to be interrupted…
Fliers lay eggs in soil then die
Eggs hatch into larvae in ~4-6 days
Larvae feed off the fungus and decaying matter for ~2wks turning into Pupae
Pupae go “dormant” for ~3-4 days as they turn into adults and leave the soil

The danger is if there isn’t “enough” decaying matter for the babies to feed on they will go after the roots otherwise they are just a nuisance…everything suggested so far has been conservative measures to reduce the adult population, deter the adults from laying eggs in the soil etc.

For a total annihilation…
set out vinegar or milk traps to drown the adults
Neem oil drench (1Tb per gallon water) to ~20% run off to kill hatched larvae
3-4 days later do a peroxide drench (1:4 = 3 1/4c per gallon water) to ~20 % runoff to kill the remaining larvae
2 wks later release 1 round of beneficial nematodes then a week later release a 2nd round

The problem with this is it kills every bug and all microbes in the soil and is only useful if ensuring the good guys take residence 1st…ideal for going into winter, not so much going into summer :wink:

Great thinking outside the box and very creative with the fan guards though I don’t think it’ll raise them any in their current placement - I’d flip them…they may bow a bit in the center though so may not want to if your planning on using them for the fan again

Perhaps where your at though still not a great deterrent as milk curdles fungus dominates which provides more food for the gnats

Soooo do an experiment…set 3 vinegar traps on one side of the tent and 3 milk traps on the other - find out which they are more attracted to as well as, adult population decrease or increase - this will let you know which is more cost effective in the long run :wink:

Personally, I would just leave her be and roll with it

Your not going to lose your grow from neglect though it may seem that way as your relaxing and not being so hyper vigilant stressing over every little thing loving them to death…if your worried about mold, defoliate: bottom 1/3 and any bud that is not bigger than a pencil eraser then wait a few days to evaluate how much more to take off if any

5 Likes