MOTR grows with OniTenshu

A day late for my update moving plants around again…

Lucky 7’s (black x champagne to the left)

Lucky Charms

I didn’t get any pics of the boys as they are now behind everything in the veg area and was more worried about my 8" extraction fan…motor runs though blades stopped turning - only 6 months old too. Least I am getting a replacement though til then I had to set up my 6" fan to keep temps below 85F.

Anyhow, now that I have the Charms clones in the big bed, its about time to move them over to their own journal for the preservation run…

They’ll still need veg time to get nice and big for lots of seeds though making progress :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

As for my earlier question I think maybe finding some 1lb weights to pull her branches out slowly. The metal things I used before are not even heavy enough to budge her 1mm down. When I try to move the branches they feel like if I didn’t do it slowly they’ll snap on me. Very rigid and woody. They’re so close though and at most 2" apart. They went straight up from the stem width. So the distance is only as much as the branches are at the base.

Payday is sadly far away, so I can’t buy any training options any time soon. I need to know what to do when I’m not at work before they start to go moldy. All the leaves are all overlapping and creating water spots all over where they touch each other. I ask because I want to know how I should do it before I lose all the hard work I’ve put into this grow to ignorance and panic. Also because I’ll be trying to bend her stems if I can’t get advice on how😅 I practiced on Tulip awhile ago and I clearly don’t understand how to do it without breaking the stem open. Then a massive knot gets made and the area around the wound dies creating a big scar. If I were to guess that had a large role to play in why Tulip went male in the end.

The Lucky girls are both looking happy. The lowest fan leaves on penny seem to be too heavy for the stem to hold as with the rest at 45° I’m pretty sure it’s not related to water needs.

Penny

Babs

Bugs

Nameless one

Auto

Potatoes

Mystery powder spot under nameless one :sweat_smile: it’s a pale yellow

I’m off to work soon. Once the weather warms back up the males should perk up nicely.

I went in to take a picture of the auto ad I had already chopped the clover down like you wanted anyways. The angle might be a little sharper than 45°😅

Auto

Group shots

4 Likes

When I was talking about milk I had meant in the soil diluted not straight. As for traps apple cider vinegar is the only thing they reliably go for mostly. Only a few clever adults avoid them.

Also wouldn’t it be better to have no beneficials over a swarm of gnats eating roots? I’ll be using bti and when I can get them nematodes. Regardless I’ll try to avoid the nuclear option.

3 Likes

Yeah, they are pretty set in place though like I said, I wouldn’t worry about it now as it may do more harm than good officially being 4 1/5 wks into flower though probably further along as she had ahead start. My last DBHP girls were like that…

then really bushed out

The boys weren’t any better

and neither were the 2nd round of girls

No mold issues at all though they were also heavily defoliated to allow air movement with a reduction in humidity…bottom 1/3 and smaller branches removed though you can’t tell in these pictures as DBHP is a big girl… I was also prepared to run a fan below their canopy as well at the top at the 1st sign of lack of air flow :wink:

Could be though many supercrop at this stage with no issues though guess thats the difference between stability of known genetics vs bag seed

I noticed that the other day…they aren’t too heavy just being older leaves they are too far away from the light otherwise they would be praying too - they are still contributing albeit not as much as the other leaves with the younger, newer ones compensating…don’t be surprised if she starts eating them before too long

White is ok showing fungal dominance, yellow is a sign to be cautious…other colors, definitely scrape off

Diluted or not it still spoils just not as much which is why milk is limited to foliar applications to “eat” powdery mildew then rinsed off so bugs aren’t attracted to it :wink:

Yes and no… beneficial microbes help feed your plants by breaking down amendments to a usable form and gnats will not eat your roots when they have plenty of food sources like that clover which is why many do not like living mulches - get rid of these to get rid of gnats will do more harm than good and will allow other predators to move in that can and will do more harm - they may anyway especially in the fall when food sources get scarce though we’ll prep for that when the time comes like adding 2 rounds of nematodes a week apart so they will dominate the area before the nasty ones do

Yeah, save that for if/when there is a major issue with bugs that can cause a lot of damage like thrips, white fly etc

8 Likes

I didn’t have enough time to take care of tulip properly before I left, but I noticed the worst of it was on all new growth almost exclusively. Some pods had a pistils sticking out like an odd ball. I admit I’d like to try to finish her isolated though at the rate she turned I’m not really sure if I should. Regardless I chopped off all turned stems at the base. I got bubblegum and hibiscus with a strong skunk spray and citrus smell.

6 Likes

Up to you and how much work you want to invest in with her as she still has ~5 1/5-6 wks to go…If you decide to keep her put her in a different room or outside with the boys for an extra precaution and visit her last. Also, make sure you comb over her daily removing every ball and banana that appears :wink:

5 Likes

I did that today going a little ruthless. I’ll be back tomorrow to check up on them. I can’t put it outside though. My stepfather somehow is oblivious or is ignoring the males since kids are bot so stupid as to grab off a male.and of they do it’s CBD mainly anyways.

I have a florescent light on and they get good sun in the spot I left her in. Once I clear out the kitchen more shell have some room to do whatever she wants. that smell she gave off even if I get what I get will be worth every toke

5 Likes

There ya go :stuck_out_tongue: Just make sure she is the last plant you visit for the day or wash up before seeing the flowering girls to avoid accidental pollination…stay on top of stripping balls/nanners and you may just pull it off

3 Likes

That hallway at the end of the kitchen leads to the girls actually. The boys are right behind that door in Tulip’s picture. The hallway is only interrupted by my bathroom and live room on the sides. The end is where the grow room is. Doorless sadly as I may have accidentally ripped it off it’s frame😅 it’s not as big a feat of strength as it sounds. The metal screws were held in with plastic screw fittings inside the wood frame. Those are much weaker than wood for that force type.

My apartment is not very big at 350 square feet most of which furniture takes up. The tent is about half of the room it’s in. :sweat_smile: I feel cramped with clutter. I know smaller apartments exist. I’ve lived in one. Hell my bedroom for years where I isolated myself was even smaller than that. Back then I didn’t need the room for anything though. Daisey wasn’t my dog yet, but she still stayed in my room. My old room was about 30 square feet. :sweat_smile: Still with trying to settle down and start a family on top of growing (I’ll need something to deal with stress​:sweat_smile:) I’ll need a little more space to breathe

2 Likes

I won’t be back home today before I go to work, but tomorrow I can snip them off. Zelda too as until I get more lights in there I assume I’ll want to ensure popcorn buds aren’t a issue. I have a tincture going rn and I think it could use a more full spectrum profile. May as well and the snipped off buds to the jar. If I do a second run with 99% ISO I’ll pull any tannins left behind too.

It looks really red, but when I shine a flashlight behind it it’s a really clear green with a tint of brown visible. When it’s in a tincture bottle to test it it’s a neon bright green. IDK what makes it bright like that, but I only get this if I make a tincture in the freezer or below 32°f even with shaking like the cool dark place method.

3 Likes

Kinda not really… :neutral_face:
Did you now fungas gnats never had pancreas? I never even thought of it, millions of others probs haven’t. The theory behind it is great :slight_smile:

@OniTenshu should change name to Sheldon :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@MomOnTheRun

You are over doing it on something your plants look fked.
I wasn’t being nasty Mom.
That’s just my opinion, like Senyor grasshopper @Esrgood4u always says…opinions are like arseholes :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve been told I’m like him😅

2 Likes

I am your granpa remember :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Nope though it is interesting that researchers are looking at bugs like ants, fruit flies and bee’s for diabetic therapies as they all produce a type of insulin

Oh I know your not and totally agree …the DBHP was bordering nitrogen and sodium toxicity, wind burn, split the trunk, under watered to slow her down for a couple weeks - so glad that grow is over with her predecessors doing much better now that soil bed is maturing…Lucky Charms was pushed a bit too hard crammed into the corner hidden by the bigger girls around her and isn’t one for this type of training plus her clones took 3 wks to root instead of the typical 10-14 days so I know she is on the hungry side though the clones are finally big enough to go in the Doc Buds soil that I almost dumped though may as well use it to finish out the nutrients I have for it plus I am curious on how much “better” it will be as they say the best results are the 3rd run instead of my typical 2nd run… Lucky 7’s really got away from me with all that stretch so forced the taller one to fit instead of moving to a different taller cabinet…The Lucky’s and Black x Champagne needs more light - 120watts just isn’t doing it in that overcrowded cabinet that I swore last grow I wouldn’t stuff it so full again though keep doing it playing ring around the plants to stay on top of my personal timeline…it doesn’t help their soil is new so they aren’t getting everything they want while my mature soil is waiting to go outside to fill another trench for this years perennial chopping up and transplants to a different area in the yard so I can enjoy them for the 2-3 months I get for summer …sometimes its a trade off :wink:

6 Likes

I went through and chopped off as many buds and balls as I could. All small branches have been pruned off. Once I get a second wind I’ll see if there’s more to finish.

She gave off a intense watermelon smell while I was in there. I snapped a branch bad when I trained her. She’s making thin resin strings repairing that spot now. I have it propped up slightly with a paper towel tube. I’m zoning out hard as apparently what Tulip is giving off has me stoned. I wonder what terps make watermelon :thinking:

3 Likes

I pinched off the smaller than eraser buds. Tulip needed a bracer badly, so I wrapped her up in tape pretty well. The whole branch wanted to snap off. The buds are getting too fat for the half stem to support :sweat_smile: despite everything she’s thriving. I pinch off balls constantly if I see any. So far maybe a branch a day has some now. Hopefully it’ll end soon. Of it gets much worse I’m going to figure out processing her for oil as the buds aren’t ripe enough to smoke well, but the CBG will be helpful. I’ll get some more CBD soon and I’ll start on getting myself healed up again properly now that it’s something I know CBD can help with.

Tulip

Penny

Babs

Bugs

Nameless one

Auto

8 Likes

That’s about all you can do besides throwing a stick in there for a brace or remove it altogether

Its a lot of continuous work so if/when I get an unintentional herm midway through like this its removed immediately and destroyed to make room for something else so I really have no idea if/when she’ll stop producing balls/nanners…hopefully she stops soon :wink:

8 Likes

I hope she stops. If she does it’ll be nice with the swelling she’s doing now. If not I’ll take a high CBG oil. It’ll help with nerve pains and back pain greatly⭐ what method would you recommend for processing her into oil? I may as well not waste the bud I see on her. It looks like an ounce at least. Maybe 7g dry if it shrank significantly, but worst case that’s a gram of oil I should be able to get to help with pain management if I can find a good option aside from my usual evaporated Green dragon method. Ethanol can only pull so much before it gets too green to dab. Otherwise I’m making RSO or Phoenix Tears at that point. Sorry for the rant. It became obvious that I’ll need something for pain very soon, so I’ve been thinking about how I can make that happen TBH.

3 Likes

I like to do solvent transfers with Green Dragon tincture as its the most versatile for me though sounds like you’ll be smoking it rather than eating it…have no experience making a smokable form so cannot offer advice there though maybe @ReikoX or @PSam can?

4 Likes