MOTR grows with OniTenshu

I almost grabbed one from work last week they were throwing away :sweat_smile: I was walking home, so I didn’t feel like lugging it back

3 Likes

I’m hearing ya. After work work is difficult, but often worthwhile :smile:
The plastic pellets floating around are mint too, especially for outside :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah they are😅 I just had a large pizza and beer in hand and didn’t want a 3rd thing in my hands as I was walking home. I used to see them everywhere though. It’s like an Easter egg hunt. I’ll just find them all the time if I’m not the last person to check

4 Likes

Homework finished and I was able to test the runoff of Zelda and she’s between 6.5 and 7 according to my pH drops. My pen is off lately. It doesn’t matter the pH it always reads as below 5 pH and acidic if I use the pen now.
@ModicumGenes what’s your thoughts on Zelda’s issues now that we know that she’s slightly acidic to neutral like we want?:sweat_smile:

After watering

Penny and Babs look really happy today. Penny is turning a reddish brown shade on her lower leaves like how the males look. It’s not too obvious in the pictures, but you see a hint in the back of the leaf easier than the front.

I did another check on Tulip and saw 1 nanner that I missed before. It was older and a little shriveled looking.

Babs

Penny

Bugs

Nameless one

Auto

Potatoes

Tulip

Group

9 Likes

Looks like the males outside never went into reveg, so they’re now dying apparently :sweat_smile: all the leaves were shriveled up and a risk to the plant if left on it. When I get back tonight I’ll check on it to see if they’re still going. It was a nice experience and experiment for sure, but going forward I’ll definitely stick to a medium until I learn hydro habits properly.

8 Likes

It was older and shrivelled looking :sweat_smile:
You have that all to come :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Reveg can take a while. If you have the space might as well let em roll, you might be surprised! It probably helps that the days are getting longer too

4 Likes

Its not surprising as those leaves are the furthest from the light and your running your tent on the cool side…not as cool as the boys though enough to see the same coloration

I see preflowers on your auto…gonna be a small one

Males take a long time to reveg as they continue their ball development…the cooler weather isn’t helping as everything slows down a lot more though there is still some hope they’ll pull out of it with the longer and warmer days approaching

4 Likes

I pruned off the leaves yesterday on the males. Currently they’re naked and afraid LoL. Not doing too bad tbh. Especially without the leaves constantly touching the medium, soil, or water somehow.

Auto is going really strong :muscle:

Penny and Babs are doing pretty good also. Tulip may get chopped down when I get back from the funeral. I started 1 branch already yesterday.

Bugs

7 Likes

I thought you were going to try to save her or are you tired of combing for balls/nanners?

Anyhow, I am a few days late for my mid week update as I keep missing lights on…been watching Shadowhunters with the youngest trying to get through 3 seasons before we turn off the cable for the summer. Doesn’t help that Samsung decided to update my phone again and took away the “Pro” setting I have been using so need to figure it out again - not the best pics though this is what I have…

Charms left, 7’s right

7’s

Charms

10 Likes

A little of that and also I really enjoyed the smoke test TBH. It really helped my pain greatly. I didn’t chop Tulip yet. It was also because she’s being covered in fur after I git her to a point I like. It won’t yield a lot, but the smoke was amazing off the tiny buds I took off oddly enough. Barely any trichomes, but the taste and effects I got were more than good enough for me to want her ready around the time I harvest the rest. She pretty much halted production of balls. 1 today. Nothing yesterday. The day before that a ball I didn’t catch became nanners. Overall it’s just a single ball a day

3 Likes

Gotcha. If it works for ya, run with it :wink:

3 Likes

Oh yeah is the homework different this week or more of the same?

2 Likes

The same for this week and next then you’ll go water only for the last 2 wks

4 Likes

4 cups of plain water added to the Lucky’s.

I had to prune off the lightening or dying lower leaves as they were getting eaten and being wasted energy and all as well as nearly touching the soil I took them off. They didn’t resist a slight tug at the base and popped off anyways. They had a couple of hours to recover before I added water.

I don’t have any pics after watering yet.

6 Likes

Now for post watering and males pics. I avoided going near them all day to be safe until after I went in post watering. The auto will be fine for a little longer without water. When I follow the same watering schedule the soil runs water out from near the top instead of closer to the bottom. The clover is still healthy too. I’ll see how it is tomorrow morning and judge from there.

Tulip is here still for now. Once I get my next day off I’ll have the time to do it right

6 Likes

The Lucky’s look pretty good to me :heart: penny is getting a nice cola with those lowers starting to grow into the top.

Whoops I meant to add penny there😅

Auto

Penny

Babs

Bugs

Nameless one

Potatoes

6 Likes

Good thing I’m ordering the new light tomorrow :grin: the auto is leaning :sweat_smile: if the auto is leaning does that mean I should lower the lights tomorrow morning?

Zelda loves her new training spot, but it’s definitely the leaves with the Lowest light that are being eaten as a constant. She’s actually losing leaf structure with lifeless leaves too soon imo having watered her just yesterday. I do know she has a very large root structure in that pot and I wish I got my job sooner to get her in a 15 Gallon or something bigger before the flip. She looks like she’d have made full use of it too.

No males or Tulip pics for now. I’m tired and don’t want to walk all over the place anymore :sweat_smile:

It’s also gross out

Penny

Babs

Auto

8 Likes

The auto is still leaning over, so I adjusted the lights to be about 16" average on Zelda with the auto in a spot that won’t be in the way. Otherwise I can’t figure out a good spot to put it. It’s definitely chasing light as I rotated it and it adjusted pretty quickly after. I didn’t realize they could lean to light in a few minutes :sweat_smile: my lights are not level above the plants sadly. I’ll be working on finding a way to get them all neat and tidy above the plants.

Penny

Babs

Auto

Bugs

Nameless one

Potatoes

Something is eating Tulip in the kitchen, so she’s in the living room now. When her branch is ready to trim I’ll chop her or once I figure out where to hang her. I may also just do a wet trim on her to take what I can get off her and save space. I took the Taylor hygrometer out awhile ago and it says it’s 45 Rh and 68-70f in here. If I open a window she gently rustles around now too⭐ if I’m keeping her alive longer I want her happy. I haven’t watered her since Thursday. No sign of dehydration yet I can see. It’ll be a good learning experience to watch her response.

5 Likes

Sorry, I was really tired yesterday so did a lot of skimming and missed this…

Yes…these are the optimal distances for these lights at the power your running them:
Seedling: 16-18"
Veg: 18-24"
Flower: 14-16"

Whelp, they will do that when they aren’t getting enough light though she was/is showing a nutrient imbalance so those leaves won’t recover. As far as pot size, she could have befitted from a larger pot though the beauty of the fabric pots is the roots can continue to grow as they prune themselves filling the pot unlike plastic :wink:

No need to have them completely level especially since the plants are all different sizes… i’d keep 3 over Zelda, 1 over the Lucky’s and 1 over the auto at the above distances to get through this grow then when money allows get another 4 pack in blue so you’d have 5 yellow and 3 blue for flowering (30w/sq ft) and 1 yellow and 1 blue for a smaller veg area (2x3 for 20w/sqft) - this’ll set you up to have a kick ass summer light covering the whole tent which will be important when you fill it more. Then if you put them all on a grid, you can release one side so its still hanging and put either 1 630w or 2 315w CMH in there for winter grows though this is just how I would do it if I had to battle less cold and more heat while on a strict budget :wink:

Absolutely!

4 Likes