MOTR grows with OniTenshu

I can invest in all that after August. I have to save up for my deposit I’ll be using around August. It’s not just myself saving, but I’m putting most of the money into the down payment or it’ll take until next year😅

I lowered the lights to a 20" maximum on Zelda. I’ll try and see about moving them around a bit again now and finding the balance. The cord connecting them is about 6-8" long, so I’m limited by that unless I rewire the lights with solid wire instead of braided wire

2 Likes

I lowered the lights and moved the plants around again. I measured with measuring tape to be exact and every plant is no more than 16" from a light and averaging 14".

Auto is now Amanda. She’ll only have a top, so once she’s finished it’s off with her head. I thought the name was too fitting and amusing not to use🤣

Amanda is looking thirsty today. I gave her a soil drench since her pot has full airflow to not stay wet for longer than it takes to drain. 48oz plain water only. She was getting a little dark anyways. I’ll give her a little bit to drink yo and add a follow-up pic for her

The Basil just needed a lot of water and it bounced back. More than the pot can hold. After I harvest Tulip I might toss them in her pot to have at it. Though maybe not as it’s trying to flower :joy: I’m topping it nearly daily to stop that if I can.

8 Likes

Oh yeah, no rush as its going to be awhile before we really fill that tent. Right now its just getting a feel for how the plants grow in the environment they are in and get more comfortable in a routine :wink:

Good. I know its a pia though will make a difference in bud density as plants really like the qb’s to be close. At the moment the tall Lucky 7 I am reversing in my micro cabinet is almost touching the board while the Charms is ~8" away …no sign of bleaching or burning. Some strains won’t handle being that close though I am finding most are as I continue to push them

6 Likes

Oh and here are the plants at the distance I am recommending for you though the tall 7’s pheno (right) is trying to get closer while the Charms (left) are continuing to frost up

8 Likes

IDK when I’ll be home again today, but if I go home tomorrow it’ll be before I have work to water the plants.

I took these before I left yesterday. Amanda perked up nicely.

6 Likes

lookin good @OniTenshu!

4 Likes

Good thing I came home at a reasonable time😅 they’ve been watered now per the homework, but they were thirsty for sure. Zelda was too. Luckily the auto shouldn’t need anymore water for a little bit as I gave it a drench before I left the other day.

I’ll add follow up pics once they’ve had time to drink up and resume happy appearance. Also some leaves may have to go. I ordered my new light and it’ll arrive next week around now. New solid copper wire to help extend the lights better and get a better spread around tent without having to keep moving everything.

Penny

Babs

Bugs

Nameless one

Auto

Tulip

Potatoes

6 Likes

Last pics until the morning.

Babs

Penny

Group

Amanda

6 Likes

Interesting

Ya know I really don’t care just hate being lied to while trying to help you out…I am funny that way. I am a bit moody today so have a bit of a short fuse but this isn’t the 1st time just now its blatantly obvious your going to do what your going to do and that’s ok…you’ll figure it out :wink:

I’ll finish this grow out with you so its not left hanging and will work on a write up of what we have been using and what I have sent you pre-mixed for a bigger batch of soil the Lucky’s are in so you know what you have

4 Likes

I’ll get the proper lights after. These are just enough to finish this grow on my budget as it’ll be a few weeks before I can even order a QB set again. Once I have the basics I’ll be able to get a proper grow with just QB next grow. This one by the time I got the next 4 QB I’d have been harvesting this grow. I’ll still order them obviously. The light I got will probably only last to the end of this grow anyway. No way it’s lasting longer. If I was going to just do whatever I wanted if have tossed the zxmean lights in awhile ago. I’m sticking to white light. The light I got is a cob LED with epilux LEDs

3 Likes

I checked my electric usage and honestly it’s negligible if I continued in secret anyways. Once I order the QBs you said I should grab the 4000k ones? Same driver I have now I assume. As for an aluminum frame what size flat and/or angle bars should I get? I’m looking to invest in a proper setup that will last and not just a band-aid fix additional light like I got to finish the grow and collect dust with the zxmean lights.

3 Likes

That’s the thing, you have enough light now to finish the couple plants you have in the tent its not like its full or anything - I just don’t see the reasoning when your saving up for another set up and a move while trying not to go hungry again…really don’t need to understand as its your time, investment and choices to make

Read back a bit…I tried to work with you on the Zmeans after several of us advised against them being a waste of money and you insisted on using them then when they dehydrated the plants I advised to put them at a different height due to the UV or remove them altogether. Instead, you wasted light and added heat by placing them on the floor then we saw how much better the plants responded without them…just here recently, advised to put the qb’s closer which you did then you raised them too far away and just got them back to a good distance to the plants delight. Pretty much the same thing with the “circulation” fan which is still doing no good being pointed to the ceiling…investing in a couple small fans for better circulation like you planned would be a better use of your money than a light that your expecting to only last ~2wks ((sigh)) I am just tired as it seems I am wasting my “breath”

This light will last a lot longer than you think and will mix in with the qb’s well they just have a more focused beam of light so placement will be a bit trickier…throw in a couple far red’s for the 1st and last 15min of lights on/off and probably will be superior to a qb only fixture :wink:

Yes, though there is no need to until you really fill the tent as the plants will only use so much light

Either will work…many use the angle bars for the outside edges to “hide” the wires keeping them tidy while using it as a support for a flat one to attach the drivers to so its all 1 unit without resting the driver on the boards though I have also seen all flat ones with the driver having its own space on the frame - really up to you and what you like in a google picture search

Right and exactly what I have been helping you with sharing my resources working with your small budget not that mines any bigger mind you - you just don’t keep the person that’s helping you in the dark until after the fact…really not cool and don’t need that kind of stress in my life that’s all - no hard feelings :wink:

7 Likes

I had thought I told you about it, but honestly with hell week at work I might have just spaced out

1 Like

Nope and a simple scroll up will tell you that - hell week or not… I did a simple search finding you telling Poppapuff in this thread of your plan and quite frankly I should not have to search it out through your profile to see what your up to or follow several threads to find out changes you’ve made…I have much better things to do with my time.

With that said, continue with your updates and give me a few days to really think this through while allowing my own emotions to temper off …deal?

7 Likes

Okay deal. That’s my fault sorry.

3 Likes

Amanda needed water desperately, so I gave her a drench again. Plain water only. Seems she needs water each 2 days and on the 3rd day is severely dehydrated.

The lucky males have some decent roots now.

Babs

Amanda
Penny
Tulip(soon to be processed)
Bugs
Nameless one
Potatoes

1 Like

Amanda is looking better and perked right up again. Once the new wire comes in I can spread the QBs around much better and more stable. With what I have left I’ll look at ways to neaten the wires.

On a separate note I have a plan for the tent for the next grow. I plan to grab a 4" carbon filter and fan system for the exhaust and switching the 6" filter to the intake. That way I can maintain negative pressure and avoid light leaks. I’ve done the math on my electrical cost per day and with a full light and double filter system I’m still looking at around 1000w total draw when lights are on. The tent is moving into the room you see Tulip in as it has 2 breakers to split the load between. Any small tents I grab can go in the kitchen with every socket having its own separate 20A breaker :sweat_smile: it’s so badly wired in here. My powerline network shouldn’t work at all. I used to be on a separate meter.

Long story short it’s 11¢ per kwh where I am and that’s $2.64 a day if I am growing autos next never turning the lights off. Not the best cost, but calculating the highest cost helps me to put it into perspective for me how much I’m spending to grow and how fast I have to learn how to grow better. Amanda seems to be showing me I’m not doing that bad. She’s in preflower right before she goes into full flower production. I’m curious to see how she’ll grow once she’s finished with this stage of I haven’t stunted her😅 at least I haven’t burned her, so I’m learning. Though I just give her water currently. Any nutrients in her water are from a leftover trace on the jar if I water right after the Lucky’s without washing the jar out first.

As for the Basil it’s very thirsty all the time. I have to water it near daily or the leaves start to wrinkle. It’s severely root bound for sure :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The light I ordered is this one

The wires are these

2 Likes

I’ve gotten Tulip ready for the chop. She has a lot more bud than I was expecting :sweat_smile: she lost the fruit smell she had and the vanilla note I got yesterday before work. Now she’s a intense pine and citrus with a peppery note. Very similar to the citrus og oil I have RN

4 Likes

Huh?!?!

Active intake is for when you CANNOT get TEMPS BELOW 85F and NEED to bring in cooler air from a different spot or BLOCKED the intakes for passive cooling
Passive LIKE YOU HAVE NOW is what you want to maintain negative pressure, avoid light leaks and smells

The 125.00 cob and now this !!! Yeah. I am done and know this now …Lucky’s are 6 wks into flower so 2 more weeks of nutrients then water only for 1-2 wks on the same amount and schedule

Good Luck

6 Likes