MOTR grows with OniTenshu

What do you mean? I want to avoid light leaks. If I want to spend the money later on when I have the cash to do it and allow my tent to be properly sealed with light allowing for proper airflow shouldn’t I do it?

It’s been bugging me since I didn’t have a way to avoid light leaks in the tent this whole grow. Apparently I’m not allowed to be comfortable with my grow setup :sweat_smile: if I’m going to be able to continue growing I need to make it stealth. That means no wide open mesh window making the room glow.

I don’t get why you’re upset that I told you my plan when that’s what you ask of me?:sweat_smile:

I don’t really understand what’s going on

2 Likes

As for heat needs in the summer it gets 100f frequently and the temperature outside pretty much matches the temperature inside. I feel I will need the extra cooling if you believe that’s the only reason to need a intake and exhaust both.

If I can avoid light leaks I will. That’s not being defiant😅 I’m being reasonable with my grow choices. I’m also a geek and I love taking apart tech, so what you see as a wasted purchase I see as a opportunity to take a light apart after it dies. Getting another 4 QB wasn’t in the budget for my first check. It’ll be 250-300 just to order it everything 140 for the boards, 100 for the driver, and I’ve already ordered the wire I’ll need later that I managed to get for 7. That’s not even including the cost of buying aluminum bars to keep them from swinging around and hitting things.

We’re all stressed out here and I’m doing my best to get what I need and if I still have until July to buy it all I can take my time to grab it all instead of breaking the bank just to get it all now.

2 Likes

Everyone watered. I’m off to work, so I can’t check up on Amanda to see how she liked the drench. It definitely seems 2 days is her limit. Any longer and she does that.

Amanda

Penny

Babs

Bugs

Nameless one

I’ve kept Tulip for now. She’s lived longer than intended, but I haven’t had any time to do anything at home lately. I’ve been working for 10 hours of the night cycle reliably :sweat_smile: I usually crash late at night and wake up soon before work. Having just enough time to take pictures. I don’t always get to upload a post though.
Tulip

Potatoes

3 Likes

Amanda is still drooping, but I don’t have time to do anything. Leaving now or I’m late.

Amanda

Penny

Babs

Tulip

I’ll inspect the trichomes when I get home, but either way I’m likely to Harvest Tulip as I’m not really sure she’ll get any bigger.

4 Likes

Amanda is still a bit droopy, so I definitely watered her too late😅 she kinda perked up, but I’m seeing signs of fungal attack or something with this top leaf. Otherwise idk why it’s curled under like that.

Amanda

Penny and Babs are looking good❤️ they’re both fattening up nicely and getting pretty frosty.
Penny

Babs

Bugs and Johnny are both enjoying it out there now. It finally warmed up outside and it’ll be 70f all day❤️ The potatoes are overgrowing the bin😅 they’ll definitely be the tallest thing in the area

Bugs

Johnny

Potatoes

Once I find a small enough paper bag I’ll start harvesting Tulip. Though she lost most of her smell to me. I just got a mild tomato smell. She is growing out her leaves again, so I didn’t kill her with the full fan leaf removal. Some small fan leaves grew back and she’s definitely trying to go further. Terps or not I’m wanting higher CBG levels with her for my warping spine😅 she has a catnip smell on her lowers RN, so that’s interesting. The catnip in the backyard is identical in smell too.

Tulip

1 Like

I stripped all the leaves off a ISSxBB last year, it got a bit of PM.

Every day I went in and it would have more PM, I would spray them with water and baking soda, and take all leaves off with the PM.

After about 2 weeks I lost it, and stripped the plant of every bit of leaf, and thought right, let’s see you get PM on no leaves.

3 weeks later she was still putting out new pistils even though she was ready for harvest. I found out, while I was breaking the plant down, that what I thought was the PM, was actually dried baking soda residue, ooopppss lol. Probably cured it of the PM after the first week.

Out of the 2 ISSxBB that one had the best taste and smell lol.

3 Likes

After I get a container ready I’ll probably chop her honestly. It’ll be ready to smoke when the Lucky’s and Zelda are harvested. Amanda idk anymore. It looks like she’s been stunted when she got dehydrated too much to me. Does she still look thirsty to you?

As for Tulip I’m not truly concerned over her taste and smell. I need the CBG badly now​:sweat_smile: my back is warping and sticking out to the side unfortunately. That and my cavity pains as my nerve roots die while I wait to save up for a dental appointment to pull them. Getting dentures will suck​:sweat_smile: that’s what I get for being out of work for a year. At least I can take care if it and not have constantly swollen lymph nodes :sweat_smile:

1 Like

All windows are open now that it’s a comfortable 75f outside. It’s officially warming up and now Windows will pretty much be open all day and night or it’ll get stuffy in here😅 honestly it’s why I was considering the intake filter. That and I’m not comfortable with the open window letting the light out signaling there’s plants in there to anyone with a Keen eye. The AC doesn’t really work at all and it’s about to get really hot in the house very soon.

@MomOnTheRun I know you’re upset, but my budget increased past $0 and whatever I can weasel out of someone to enough to waste some money if I desire to. Worst case scenario I feel obligated to buy a 2x2 tent for the 4" filter later on. The light I got had great reviews on the ones that didn’t break and if it doesn’t work I can just get a refund TBH. The refund period is longer than the rest of the grow. If I get burned and have to send it back I learned a lesson. If it’s actually a good light I managed to save a little money on a Gamble. Over the next couple of months I’ll be getting the essentials purchased to have a proper setup. This weekend I’ll be grabbing the new fans. If I can manage to get another fan diffuser that everyone thought was a speaker I’ll add one to the tent. It was enough to add a perfect amount of airflow in a 10x10x10 cube of a room to the point where I constantly felt a breeze even in corners I didn’t think it would be able to reach. For a $15 diffuser it lasted way longer than it should have in the tent.

1 Like

The temperature is climbing really fast today and from what I hear it’s going to be 80f and humid Tonight. :sweat_smile: Summer temps are coming fast and I remember the first grow issues I had. I don’t want to be battling humidity and heat again

2 Likes

The leaf curl or canoeing as we say in Canada, looks like too much heat or light. When they curl at the sides and tips it’s to reduce surface area to the light and reduce heat.

Your leaves are very dark as well, and when you have that with the tips clawing, it’s usia sign of nitrogen toxicity starting.

So it could be a combination of both.

4 Likes

She’s only ever gotten water and the only thing I ever added was when she was still a seedling which was insect frass, so maybe it’s the clover mulching adding too much nitrogen to her soil.

2 Likes

The humidity is high too, so maybe it’s just the combination of it getting hot faster than she could get used to and the light I’m not sure is too close being 16" away :sweat_smile:

The meter under her area says this

2 Likes

Is the soil being used for the first time? My soil did the same on the first time around in veg.

When I built my soil I was thinking, there is nothing in this mix for nitrogen, but apart from, a couple of plants in the stretch phase, needing a little extra, because they were heavy feeders, it’s just right for N now. Except the blue heaven I have just started growing, they seem to burn as soon as they hit 12/12 for some reason. I have another 2 just in flower 2 weeks and they are both following the same pattern as the last one. They were in 5 gal pots like the ones I now, I have another in flower for 3 weeks now and that’s in a 10 gal pot and sign of burn. So I will see what happens to them.

High humidity can cause it as well.

2 Likes

It’s not the first run no. I ran Daisey in that soil originally and partway for midna. The months after I just had clover growing in the pot to try and get the nutrients lower for seedlings. It appeared to have worked for awhile tbh and she was my best plant to date until this happened.

It was a mix of all my soil I’ve used to date also. My amended first grow soil, the fox farm mix, and it’s been 3 months at least since I originally mixed it up now.

I wonder if she had some trouble getting her roots out of the seedling bag until recently.

No sign of burning yet though. Not a single bleached tip yet

2 Likes

Try lifting the light 6 inches. See if she likes that more.

2 Likes

I can confirm she definitely didn’t like that before. Only after lowering them did she even get the 45° tops. She probably needs more airflow if the area there is more stuffy than the Lucky’s area

1 Like

I decided to saturate her soil until I couldn’t see any lines of water coming out of the sides anymore. I added some insect frass and gypsum to the soil top and worked it in and watered in after she stopped draining once drenched. Overall about 2 gallons with 50% runoff total. Her leaves were thin and lifeless, so if she needed water this should help the soil from keeping any dry pockets and hopefully it won’t be so dry only a day after watering again :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You do that with passive airflow and ensure the room the tent is in stays dark while lights are out…some use green party bulbs for when it cannot be avoided as plants don’t really “wake up” with that spectrum

Sure. When its needed… I have explained to you 3 times with full discussions on airflow and how to achieve it. Just seems like you initially get it and after seeing positive changes in the plants you change it to match whats recommended for a HID grow then wonder why the plants start showing issues.

Remember, your 6" fan throws out up to 440 cfm’s on high speed though only need roughly 188 cfm’s to exchange the air

I want you to be comfortable though you have to follow the set of established parameters and stop making changes that aren’t needed once again throwing your money away

Because I have done everything possible short of growing them for you and tired of fixing your changes that weren’t needed in the 1st place …your in self sabotage mode and I refuse to be a party to that

There are many that grow this way in far hotter summer temps and do so successfully following the set of parameters I have been telling you to follow…Your going to need to either invest in an Co2 bag and/or invest in an air conditioner to cool the air going into the tent as cooling is only as effective as the ambient air entering

That’s fine though once again, its not needed…I took you under my wing to start small and grow your set up as your knowledge increases while keeping in mind your budget and upcoming life changes so you can accomplish it all and not go hungry again

You only need to have your soil built by then - nothing more as you save up for the bigger purchases but that keeps going over your head and I am tired of constantly rehashing it with you

Amanda is responding the way she is because the soil is out of balance and has more nutrients than an auto needs…her root system is as small as she is so likely competing with the clover - add in the fact that auto’s need more frequent watering and more light hours than photo’s do…you would know all that if you just slow down and take this one step at a time - Pyramids weren’t built in a day

This is what I am frustrated about - don’t have the money for self care yet have the money to invest in equipment that is not needed at this point…like I said, self sabotage

That’s your prerogative…you’ve “weaseled” enough out of me - you’ll eventually get it and truly wish you the best

2 Likes

IDK why you think I’m weaseling you out of anything. I’m doing my best to learn and at 16 square feet 300w isn’t enough and Zelda is showing it. I can order the QB this weekend. I can get dental work with the remaining cash and I still have savings from this last check I’m waiting to get back.

Also I was referring to having my girlfriend/fiancee buy me everything and grabbing stuff from my parents all the time. I’m buying my items I want for my grows. I’ll be buying a smaller tent as well when my budget allows. A 2x2x4 tent. It’ll still take time, but I actually make a decent amount of money finally. A livable wage. Once I buy everything I’ll be using when I move it’ll be time to save up for the deposit. There’s no amount if money I can spend on myself to fix my issues. I’m already 1500 in debt to the hospital for scans* that went nowhere yet my spine is moving to the side. My dental issues are the least of my issues. It’ll go away soon on it’s own anyways.

If I budget wisely after I get paid I’ll be grabbing the rest of the soil base this weekend as well most likely. My point is I’m finally able to spend a little cash. I have my money I can’t spend already budgeted away before I spend any of it. This last one went quickly as I paid my mother 100 for being patient with me and after that a lot went on food. My dental issues are from me eating a lot more. Comes with the territory. I’m finally feeling happy again being able to spend money on myself for a little bit again. It’s been a year and I’m getting it out of my system bo matter what or it’ll be bad later when I don’t expect to want something so bad and I blow it all out of impulse. I still have my budget in mind when I spend anything. I can always eat and smoke enough to not feel my back letting me work hard enough to earn enough money to make living.

Turns out Amanda did need more water. She’s looking very happy after she drank up what i gave her. The new light is also at 3000-3500k like the QB are. I’ve spread the lights out more and measured tgem to be 14-16" from any tops and as spread out from the cob as possible as it’s spread is pretty decent and from what I see light is now covering the tent without dark spots with both my eyes and my camera.
The new light is 25" from only 1 top on Zelda and otherwise it’s at 30" above the plants for now. It’s a very bright light. Very silent as well.

Amanda is now 20" from her QB for now and I’ll see how she responds tomorrow

Amanda

New light is at the same color as the QB and also includes UV which I like.

After tonight I’ll find out if Tulip is lasting any longer. If she looks the same it’s chopping day to give me some smoke that I can use while this grow is drying and curing.

Tulip

I’m budgeting the grow stuff now before I start saving for the apartment as I’d rather have it all now and wait on it then have to scrape together the cash when I’ll likely not have the spare cash to get much after it all goes to rent and bills. I’ll be spending the cash on a sonoff and system to go with it to help take care of the plants if I know I’ll be absent or to take pictures without going into the tent. I’m likely to work my ass off so much I’ll almost never be home, so I need to get myself prepared for when I’m too stressed to think straight.

I use the rule of 3 to learn. It’s how I learn and I never hid this fact and have discussed it previously. Also I can gift these lights to my friends who are too cheap to buy their own honestly :joy: I have a few I know who could use a light, so when I get my QB and replace the cob in the tent I can help my friend out or I could use it on it’s own in a different setup next year. If I’m being honest the August date did feel a little soon as I’m not supposed to be growing after this one finishes. If I’m going to do it in total secret I need a way to ensure my grow isn’t able to be seen, smelled, or heard. The room the tent is in now has no door. It ripped off during a panic attack a couple of months back. yet another thing I have to take care of before I leave too is reinstalling the doors I ripped the screws out of. To start the next grow in August if I wait a little longer to move out I’d rather be prepared and not have to scramble together the cash after it’s been already budgeted. I stopped smoking cigs to be able to save up money properly and have money to spend on myself.

When you offered to help me with soil building I honestly expected you to tell me to buy everything around July myself as with a job that’s a very reasonable request.

I still don’t know what’s in all the teas you gave me and I only recently found out your soil base mix ratio or I’ve been in a calm enough state finally to actually learn that. for the last year I’ve been in a deep depression and dealing with constant anxiety on top of it all. It really made focusing on anything other than not wanting to just go to sleep and starve myself as getting up to eat was too much to dark wuth when I just wanted to lay down and relax hoping my back would feel better. after a year of figuring out any way I could to keep myself in a pain minimal state no matter the cost I’ve finally recovered enough to work. After that came my improved mood. Specifically the lack of depression and anxiety. Occasionally I’ll get a panic attack at work and need to breathe for a few to calm down before I snap at someone, but so far that was once on my first time pulling a double doing a 2 person job Solo. I pushed through so much pain and stress that halfway through my shift my body shut down. I’ve since been eating better and dabbing enough to bit feel my spine grind when I turn or bend over. All of which I can afford to do now and not eat into my budget. In fact everything I spent I could have saved towards the deposit, but that starts in mid June when I save large chunks at a time to make the deposit.

For now I’m getting my life at home comfortable.

Penny

Babs

Bugs

Johnny

Lucky meter

Potatoes

Outdoor group

Amanda and Zelda meter