MOTR grows with OniTenshu

You could…many do a seedling/clone area for 2-3 wks, sex them if not known then move the girls into a bigger veg area until ready for flowering. Really up to you.

Now we have a germination date for you here is your “official” guideline to follow:

Compared to mine:

Now you shouldn’t have to deviate from this at all…if you feel you must, show me a pic 1st - deal?

3 Likes

Deal. I have some new pics. Big pot and 1 of the 4 1" pots haven’t sprouted yet.

The 1st set of serrated leaves are already popping out before they even fully open. Not sure if that’s good or bad, but I’m interested in seeing them grow if they keep this up

3 Likes

Cool…

Go ahead and give the unsprouted one 1/4 tsp water at each edge of the pot only (1 tsp total) and cover it back up…if we don’t see it in 48 hrs then its pretty much a dud since you germinated outside the soil.

The one with the shell still on, add 1 drop of water to the shell to help soften it and cover it back up too…if its not off by the morning, you’ll have to carefully remove it.

Mist the other 2 twice a day until Sun (1st watering day)…if/when see the cotlyedon’s of the other 2, mist them as well

So far, so good :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Okay I did that. They got a misting from my new spray bottle that has a much finer mist. It’s very efficient at water usage too. It’s a 3.5oz and it lasted long enough when I filled it last night to cover the outside walls of the tent and still have a quarter of the bottle left. Ranting. Tired😅

Anyways as far as exact measurements of water I can use a dropper bottle I have. 30ml the most of what I have, bit I also have a 10ml and a 15ml lying around somewhere. Should I repurpose them?

2 Likes

[

Funny how something so simple can make us so happy…you should have seen me giddy and jumping for joy when I 1st used my Chappn sprayer. Damn near sprayed everything in the house lol :stuck_out_tongue:

You could…I try to convert everything I can into tsp and Tb as I only have 1 real good 5ml dropper

Get some sleep and we’ll see how the babies are doing in a day or 2 :wink:

2 Likes

Okay. I gently used tweezers to flick up the soil around the big pot to see how the seed was doing as it almost seemed like it had tried to pop out with the others. I found my way to the top of the seed as I didn’t bury it far and it’s still upright and seems to be rooted as I scraped the top enough to hear it, but not enough to move it. That’s a good sign. I gently put soil back on top and covered it up. The other 2 seedlings have already started growing a bit in the short time between my updates. Looking like proper seedlings now😍

3 Likes

That’s a great sign :stuck_out_tongue:

I am sure…most show up pretty quick then almost come to a standstill spending their seedling energy building roots and stretching if the light is too far…a little LIFTA goes a long way :wink:

2 Likes

Oh yeah I didn’t mention I guess, but the seeds were soaked outside of soil, but they didn’t show any tails before I sowed them. Just 24 hours in water until they all sank and then right into the pots before they opened up. I did see nubs on the seeds though.

Here’s the pics and after they upload I’ll head to bed. I’m excited to see them and how big they’ve grown by morning now

4 Likes

Got stuck awake. Waited just a hair too long and have been foggy and unable to sleep.

Anyways fun update is that the tapered pot has popped too now, but hasn’t fully broken the soil yet and the one that needed to shed the shell has done so. Now we wait for the last to pop or not, but either way the ones that pop under the plastic look very pale. After I took off the shell membrane off the little one it started to pick up color quick, but not for my camera LoL

The tapered one looks much greener

And now the pics of the other 2

3 Likes

Totally normal as there has been no photosynthesis…they green up pretty quickly shortly after then sometime in their 2nd - 3rd week the cotyledons will pale again as the seedling energy is being used up. We try to time this second paling with the up-pot giving a bit more nutrients to replace the cotyledons and make feeder roots happy as they get established…this “in between” soil has nutrients available though weaker than the final soil :wink:

2 Likes

The palen one has greened up nicely and is about in line with the first 2. The in-between soil seedling is about at the same too even though it’s the youngest.

I’ll have to at least assign numbers until a name is set

2 Likes

Still lookin great!

How you choose to catalogue them for the viewing public is up to you…I really just stick to numbers then denote the strain and age. Sometimes that’s tough when going through an album (computer) and/or journal (forum) though I have multiple cabinets to track on my “guidelines” calendar noting averages…in this way, I can print it out and make notes along the way for a particular strain to see if its on par, mutations, behind etc then put it in my strain folder so yrs later I can look at it and have more of an idea of what to expect. You’ll figure out your method as you develop as a grower…personally, I like the names if its a journal all on the same strain though gets really confusing when growing multiple strains

3 Likes

Moved things around a bit for better placement going forward. Zelda really has overtaken the tent.

Seedling #5 has not broken the soil yet the rest are happy as can be. I have them on a folded cardboard sheet now for leveling and easier control of the distance from the lights. The small seedlings are 18" from the light and the mixed soil one is closer to 16" worst case I move them to GSC bare spot not being used.

6 Likes

A bit worrisome though that’s how it goes sometimes with older seeds… up to you if you want to try to find the seed, wait longer or just remove altogether

That works

2 Likes

Okay, so I was gone for the last day and haven’t seen the babies since my last time taking pictures. They’ve all changed so much in the short time I’ve been gone😍

Looking like it’s time to eject Midna from the lucky 7s 3" pot I was borrowing for her this whole time

8 Likes

Yaaaayyyyy!!! I am so very proud of you! I totally get peeking in a couple times a day being excited though really this is the way to do it…less stress :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice roots on her…great job!

3 Likes

Moved Midna into the spot here now that she’s a good height to be at 18" with the seedlings. Gave them a new base to stay on too. More stable.

4 Likes

Brought daisey into the section also to bring her closer to the lights. She looks to be happy so far. Midna too. Her stem straightened up.

Now as for the seedlings the soil has now started to stay moist and not dry out by morning after the watering I gave them at 1tbs since 1tsp left 80% of the pots dry still and receding from the edges. They had been trying to dropped, so the day away had some downsides :sweat_smile:

Anyways they’re looking good, but the control soil is dry again :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

She does look happier…looks like she is greening up again too with that clover taking off helping to insulate her roots

Not really, receding at the pot edges is normal so that is no surprise… each seedling will dry out the pot faster than others even at the same age like DBHP F2’s here:

See how the “drier” looking ones are bigger? They are developing a larger root system having to search for the water. Now my Lucky 7’s are cold as seen here…

Yes, even at 73F being 16-18" away from the light compared to Lucky Charms in a more sheltered warmer environment at 74F being 18" away from the light

The difference is the air temp. I didn’t close the dog door at night for a couple days (outside temp ~10-12F) so I can show you the differences…Lucky 7’s received ~40F as the air doesn’t have a chance of warming up all that much before it gets to them whereas, Lucky Charms received ~50F as the air has a chance of warming up more before it reaches them having more obstacles in the way and DBHP F2’s received ~65F being in a room next door and higher off the ground so it has a chance to warm up more before getting to the plants. None of them are thirsty though the Lucky 7’s appear so…I am going to have to pot up earlier than planned as the cold also had them use up their seedling energy trying to stay warm.

Anyhow, watering them a day early isn’t going to hurt anything though the amount will…To get them to the next watering day (Thurs) you need to give them 3 Tb total just around the edge of the pot…1/2-1 tsp at a time works best so the soil can suck up the water as it enters without it running out :wink:

4 Likes

Since they’re so small I could grab my dish once it’s finished with my reclaim to fill with 30ml at a time to water from the bottom too. I can fill it with the amount needed. The soil is only darker on 1 of the 4😅 as long as you say it’s fine I’ll wait on the water until you say it’s ok

2 Likes