MOTR grows with OniTenshu

You could though it will lead to over watering the roots while the rest continues to dry out…remember in fabric pots the water evaporates from the top, sides and bottom if you have it raised otherwise just the top and sides. In plastic pots, the soil dries much slower drying out from the top only. Right now they don’t have the root structure to compensate for bottom watering…i’ll show you when I up pot the Lucky’s a bit later today :wink:

Thats ok…the seedling soil is designed to hold onto water - it’ll take a full week for it to completely dry out at ~65-70F :wink: Since you already gave them a Tb today, skip tomorrow and give them the other 2 Tb on Monday…this will even it out for a full watering on Thursday

4 Likes

@MomOnTheRun you should teach gardening to the masses but keep the cannabis part of it solely for your og family :rofl:your a wealth of knowledge I must say. Keep up the good work :+1:

6 Likes

Your very kind :heart_eyes: I still have a lot to learn…doing this really tests my knowledge base :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

You’ve likely forgot more than I’ll ever know. Everything I grow is achieved using ph/ec meters and instructions :rofl: come the summer I’m hoping on growing more natural but as our summers are so short it’s going to be auto flowers in compost.

5 Likes

Maybe that’s the difference? Meters are great though nothing like learning to read the plant :wink:

Nice! I have seen some great grows in compost only albeit most of those had worms processing added amendments 1st though still impressive. I wish I had longer summers too… 120 frost free days just isn’t long enough as it takes ~1/4 of that to warm up the soil before everything wakes up. Warm/hot crops doesn’t have a chance to do much unless you have a greenhouse or use heat tape so inside growing it is :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Yeah my outdoor grow last year was looking amazing but she just wouldn’t finish then the frost eventually took her along with mold. Was unfortunate. I did have a good outdoor plant with a big devil XXL auto. She was just left to it and ended up giving me around 2.5 oz. If I start feeding and looking after them properly autos should do excellent for me over here.
Sorry for taking over your thread. Carry on. I’ll be watching and learning :+1:

4 Likes

Nice! I am playing with auto’s outside and comparing them to inside…outside ones grow though very stunted and struggle. I’ll eventually find one that likes my weather through trial and error :stuck_out_tongue:

No worries, adds a bit to the conversation…different environments and all :wink:

6 Likes

Get them Jamaican haze in the dirt :wink: I’ve never seen anyone grow them or any diarys. Be interesting thread to follow :grin:

4 Likes

I will do 1 as soon as the last of the Divyders show male or the Colorado Cookies finish…whichever comes 1st - gotta have room for at least 1 Candy Dawg so I can keep receiving free seeds of different varieties :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll save the other 2 to start in May to put 1 outside ~Memorial day so they are flowering come summer solstice…seems to be the best practice up here

5 Likes

I’m just interested in seeing them grow. No pressure :laughing:

4 Likes

Oh nice! Divyder was the phenotype Diana wound up being. Nice peppery terp profile. Daisey is leaning on it too. Might be something about my soil or environment that coaxes out earthy and berry phenotypes. Skunk shows up strong if the genes have it as a option every time. I’d be curious how skunk #1 could express now. Seems my microbes like making skunky weed. Diana was a different one for me. The skunk became a black pepper, citrus, and sweet. The skunk vanished and evolved once drying finished. I smiled the pepper early on as usual. I love the smell of caryophyllene! It’s so good!:heart_eyes:
Daisey is leaning on the same smell range, but while she’s growing. I can’t wait to see how much better her smell gets

2 Likes

Seedlings have reached a height they like and are starting to work on new leaf growth again. The one on the right that stayed darker yesterday has the slowest growth and the one with the fastest growth has the most soil and got a foliar spray of water pretty heavily each team and I have to wipe the leaves with my fingers to keep them from beading. The oils in my fingertips should be close enough to work as a surfactant somewhat while I wipe it off with dry hands. I’ve found my fingers are more gentle than my arms. As long as I can rest comfortably I won’t have any balance problems and my muscles won’t twitch as bad. Seedlings are good for keeping comfortable as I can easily grab the pot for a second to get it done out of the intense light. Big pot may be the fastest in the end since I add the same amount of water fir it that I do the 1" pots and plants

4 Likes

Whelp. the Divyder IS a girl…took 9 seeds to find her and looks pretty good for 19 days old

She is a bit stretched because I didn’t have the light close enough for her in her 1st 4 days of life though thats ok, she is around the same height as the trained Colorado Cookies :stuck_out_tongue:

So the Jamaican Haze will have to wait especially seeing how I lost my raised grate when I put DBHP girls into the big pot of soil

Once the older CC is done, the tomato seedlings will be big enough to put 1 in her place, Candy Dawg auto will take the younger CC’s place and the Divyder will have to be moved (probably next door) to make room for some lettuce… I may have an addiction :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyhow, I up-potted the Lucky’s into their 3" pots…they could have all waited another week though losing the cotleydon’s, they needed soil with a little bit of nutrients so they don’t get lazy with the growth drenches

Lucky 7’s

Lucky Charms

The soil for the 3" pot went in dry then watered the seedlings in with 4 Tb along the outside edge of the pot only 1 tsp at a time…the new soil will pull it towards the middle so we are not over watering after something as stressful to the roots as up-potting

After every transplant, I like to give a dark period immediately so the roots can settle in before being required to work again…

Lucky 7’s after their 6 hr dark period

and the Lucky Charms

Altogether with Black x Champagne girl (up-potted 2 days ago and over watered)

They will all share this area until the DBHP girls with Boy #2 seeds are done in about a week or so. For now, they will all be ignored for the next 6 days except to check their temp occasionally to ensure they aren’t too cold (below 70F) or hot (above 85F)…this includes skipping their 1st growth drench slotted for Monday. Why so long? Because they NEED to settle in (~2 days), dry out (~3 days) and have their roots search for water as they repair themselves before they are rewarded with water.

In other news, Lucky Charms F3’s arrived and will be starting them in a tiny propagation chamber as soon as I move plants/clones around in my makeshift veg/holding area to temporarily squeeze them in :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

There is no need to wipe them off when using plain water… its stuff in IPM’s and feed foliars that can burn them being magnified by the light including over spray like my 2 older Lucky 7’s :wink:

3 Likes

Apparently I sent you all the males. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I’m glad to hear that. I just thought the magnifying effect was bad on general. Then again with nothing except light magnified maybe it’ll be good for them.

2 Likes

Someone had to get them :stuck_out_tongue: Thats ok, thanks to you I have received a lot of practice and a better idea on the auto timeline…win-win!

2 Likes

What does the plant use to know how old it is? I was thinking if it’s hormonal control for the internal timer wouldn’t certain training methods extend the grow time on a auto? I don’t know enough about then and the 2 so far I’ve grown have been making me heavily question the 8-10 week estimate

2 Likes

Its all genetics like how some guys go bald in their 30’s and some don’t or how some women start going grey in their 20’s while other don’t start til their late 40’s…see a lot of genetic timers in family groups

The only things I know of that slows down an auto is: over water, too cold/hot and only part auto. There may be more though waiting to switch to flower nutes til budset doesn’t seem to extend veg at all though giving it to them as soon as they show pre flowers seems to speed them up

The 8-10 week estimate works for most hybrids…

Wk 1: seedling
Wk 2-3: Veg nutes only, show sex, start stretching and the only window to do something like topping them…if they are topped after this, it stunts them though doesn’t seem to matter with LST in fact, its better to wait 5-6 days after topping to bend them down
Wk 4-5: stretching comes to an end
Wk 6: Flower nutes only til last week to finish
Wk 7-10: bulks up and comes to an end

Now this is just a rough timeline over view that I grabbed from AFN though seems on par for what I see happening

2 Likes

I’ll have to double-check daisey for age. She should be close to the end I’m pretty sure. Also her clover has grown into her bottoms now. Crazy frosty today, so it looks like another bulking up is in store if it’s the pattern I think it is. If not she just got a almost pure white coating on one of the lower buds. Almost opaque. To be clear I mean the trichomes and not mold

2 Likes