Movable walls - a grow room able to grow. A good idea?

Ffs…now I need to rethink my space… if I can do a 600 watt vertical build and have 4 plants…well that’s 4 sides…all light energy utilized!!!

Dwcrc here I come…shit…what’s the radiant lpw passed the reflector… oh yeah, what reflector?!

Hey Fill_Watertank,
Sorry I did not mean to ignore your pic request. Here is my old cycle, in pics, as I do not have just paint tarp pics.
First pic is my version of a NewGanjaBoy Stealth Box. A total mind blow for me way back then!!

Then into paint tarp wall area.
Another.
Last one.

5 Likes

Wow ! What a very nice and big garden ! I love the plants. Seems you have a big room to grow in…

I got it now what the meaning of NGB is… :slight_smile: Very nice !

1 Like

Hi all,

because I m not ready yet to make a big garden out of my sleeping room, I have changed my plans.

I will put a 4x4 tent in my kitchen. Today I ordered all the stuff that I think I will need. If you re interested I ll post a list of the items.

What I already do have is a propagator and an LED lamp (Sunlight M 30) ! :slight_smile:

Yesterday evening I put 3 seeds into wine glasses with water in order they can have a bath before going to start life !

Tonight I ll put them in Root Riots and into the propagator. Here some picts.

From top to bottom.
Bathing in style on the propagator - with a breathtaking view :wink:

Had to put them on a cat-save place overnight :wink:

Finally the place in a closet with the light on…

I started a CRITICAL, an ICE, a ROYAL GORILLA and a SPECIAL QUEEN. All feminised but no auto (did nt have any here)

… so let the show beginn ! ! !

6 Likes

Not the same thing, but have you checked the Sonoff controllers? They are pretty cheap if you are looking for automation. I run a tiny space with LED controlled by a cheap timer and a Sonoff TH16 to measure temp+humidity and control a fan based on the measurements. The Sonoff with sensor was like 13€, the timer probably around 10€ (had it lying around).

There is a thread about a more advanced setup here, I’ve described how I hacked mine (so I don’t use a chinese cloud service) here.

1 Like

thanks @allotment, but I bought all what I need…

The plan is to make a test run with 4 plants. The medium will be cocos.

I bought a few pots of 6 and 11 Litres, about 2 and 4 galllons. Then a 380 m3/h S&P Silent air system (had to think of you, @ifish, cause you suggested these).

Then I bought nutes from Advanced Nutrients. “Sensi Coco Grow A+B, Ph Perfect”, “Tarantula Liquid” and “Voodoo Juice”. I really love the nutes they sell !

Then I bought a Hybrid Controller for the air.

I already have a 400 W MH Light. This will do for this round. I hope to be able to buy some LED gear for the next grow…

Wish me luck !

4 Likes

This one ?

https://www.justfans.co.uk/silent-350125-p-1905.html

In-line meaning it fits inline with your exhaust ducting

Carbon filter attaches on to your in-line fan which attaches on to your exhaust ducting , controlled by your hybrid fan controller ?

But your not adding the carbon filter , as your not worried about smell : )

1 Like

Sounds great, keep us updated!

Exactly ifish. It s this one. I ordered a 380m3/h but it s out of stock. So they ll offer me the 350… No carbon filter at the beginning. After we will see how it smells…

In order to fill the tent I started six more seeds. No name brand. Seeds I have found in grass witch was given to me…

I should get all the gear in the next few days. Will keep you updated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Have a look at phonic trap ducting , expensive but nice : )
Normal ducting is very noisy with the rush of air , this stuff is very quiet

I also use this , with a electric oil filled radiator 600w , it means sensor can be put in center of tent at canopy and not inside radiator in corner , better controll and reading etc

Or this one works two , I just bought the cheapest I could find on eBay as I’m always on tight budget : )

They also do one for heat mat for under propagator ( for controlling lower power ) etc just drill hole in propagated lid and put in sensor : )

Set and forget , perfect temps always , when kitchen temps fall at night

2 Likes

Hey @ifish,

in a few hours all my gear will arrive here ! I m quite exited… It s raining outside and freezing cold… So the best I can do today is set up my garden :slight_smile:

I do have a heat mat under the propagator. The temperature is regulated by an electrical timer. I made test runs the last few days in order to get a more or less constant 22 to 26 degrees C. Humidity is ok when it s high…

This dimming thermostat is meant to start a heater inside the tent in case it get s too cold ? My english is far from perfect… :frowning:

Like the fresh air comes in straight from outside and needs to warm up inside the tent?
Was thinking this is what the hybrid controller is doing ?

If my light (400 W) runs 24/7 there is a lot of heat generating. I m not sure if I need a heater. Why not use the heat from the lamp to heat the tent ?

I m curious about the phonic trap ducting. I love the silence and will appreciate silent gear…

Like you, ifish, I m on a low budget. So before I buy more gear I ll see if I can do with what I have.

thanks for your inputs, ifish. I really do appreciate ! I need any help that I can get…

wish you a very nice day !

:helmet_with_cross::om_symbol:

I had one of those tents with a velcrod partition…they are almost impossible to squash light leaks, I imagine walls would be a bigger challange…if you want to grow put that effort into learning to grow …tents are cheap enough to upgrade…just get a light that is easy to pair up with another as you increase tent size. Start with a 3x3 and a good led ( I use HLG and Sol Strip) in the other hand I like projects as well. Good Luck!

1 Like

The oil filled radiator has a temperature sensor inside it ( not a good place ) and it is a bad sensor ( makes temperature rise and fall , if temp set at 24c , it shall go up / rise to 24c and then shut radiator off , then temp has to drop / fall to 22c before sensor turns radiator on again . So temperature in tent at night in flower ( 12/12 ) is up down up down up down
With habistat controller the sensor is placed in center of tent ( a good place ) and it stays at 24c always when lights are out
In your propagator temp is 22,26,22,26,22,26 , not steady , habistat controller makes it always 25 or what ever you set it at
When in veg ,24 hours lights on , the light is the source of the heat , and the in-line fan and the fan controller controls the temperature : )

2 Likes

Thanks for your insights, ifish.

I understand that with habistat controller your temp will stay at the temp you choose. Fine, but in nature, temp is fluctuating. This is why I think that there is no harm done if the temp is changing between 22 and 26.

Recently, this morning, I could set up the whole thing with a heat pad on a timer and a small fan.
The temp is stable now at 26… So far - so good…

Yesterday I saw a brown/orange spot on a leaf. The plants are about 4 days old. I wonder if it is burnt…

I use a SANlight M30. The distance top of plant to light is 4.72` or 12 cm. Is this too close ?
Temp is 26 - RH 40 %. They grow on Root Riots witch I have to water quite often…

Any inputs are welcome :kissing:

Greets from here…

:helmet_with_cross::om_symbol:

1 Like

Riots should be in cells helping hold moisture but at this point id put those riots in the coco in small cups like solo cups drilled at bottom. Youre mixing perelite in the coco at least right?
If you have a flouro or t5( whiter light)
Old undercabinet 1 footer laying around maybe?. Those can rest right at the top of dome n wont burn em.
As far as the sanlight ive never heard of em til now. Led i would keep a little distance on cause they can burn. Id pull it back to 12inches away.
The yellow on leaf is prob a waterspot burn where it rested on tip of leaf n led got magnified. but no big deal. Looking at pic there is something at bottom of stalk on that one. Where comes out the riot. Seed shell maybe? Check it out n free any obstructions.
No nutes just good clean water.
All is assuming ph is right. First always check ph. That will cause yellow too n a lot more if it aint on point early. You want that humidity up too. You got prop dome n mat right? Spray the tray til its gat water sitting. Itll evap quick enough. Close the dome n def get further back than 5" on the led. Id say you want rh steady over 55.

Im no pro just my opinion. But if you got an old t5 ir flouro tube light thats your baby starter.

2 Likes

I ll be mixing washed perlite with the coco. right. I use Canna coco. Do I really need to wash it ? And buffer it ?

I wonder how it is done… It s winter - how do you dry coco ? And how much nutes to buffer 50 litres ?

Have corrected the distance of the light. Putting a wet towel is putting up humidity as well :slight_smile:

Throughout the day I had constantly 26 c and 55 % r.h. ! The seedlings are doing great ! Roots can be seen already ! I m inclined to put them into bigger pots. Maybe 1.5 lt (big Cola bottle.Top off) Or why not in the final pots ? Too early ? Because of the light ?

This thing at the bottom of the stalk you have mentioned is no material but the passage between roots and stalk…

Thanks so much for your good advice ! Really dig it !

4 Likes

Hey Fill_Watertank,
Good move to rinse your perlite before use. More so if it is fine course perlite.
I like cloning in fine course, but I like the super chunks size when adding to bigger pots 5-10 gallon sizes myself.

I have always sprayed water with some H2O2 added to it, up under my domes, before placing them on the clone trays, for moisture.
Since H2O2 turns to oxygen in water, you get the humidity you want and need, but you also get a bit of help fighting our bitter cloning enemy mold, a bit.
Every morning, I lift the dome off, check the cuts2clones for mold, make sure the puck/rapid rooter/perlite/starter mix/coco is moist, then spray under the dome and set it in place.
I always encourage folks that are in the learning mode, learn as many mediums as possible to use to clone our fav’s. Everyway hits a wall at some point, (usually unclean trays) and I’ve always had to severely clean stuff, and/or change up to a different medium for while.
My first roots came from a cheapo bubble cloner, someone posted up here,how to make one, in my beginning.
Folks have SO MANY tools to choose from now, without all the bullcrap of building EVERYTHING.
Good luck in your grow man!

2 Likes

Many thanks for your input, webeblzr ! I m not into cloning now but soon will start doing it later on - maybe after my first successful grow…

The H2O2 story is very helpful ! H2O2 not only turns to oxygen in water but is a strong oxidizer as well. Keeping away mold from fresh clones and seedlings…

I do have some hydrogen peroxide witch I bought in October 16. I wonder if it s still any good ? Do you know !

It s a 3% solution. What kind of solution do you spray ? Think it s important cause it can be over done… like too much water ?

I just wish someone would tell me if it s absolutely necessary to wash Canna Coco. I dont mind work. Not at all. But rinsing 50 lts or more Coco in the bathtub must be a messy job…
So if it s not absolutely necessary I wont do it. It s winter - how am I supposed to dry the stuff ?

1 Like

I have used coco coir for many years now.
Early on, it was only bricked, and those were FULL of salt, and needed washed…repeatedly.
What a pain in the weiner that was.
Use and old pillow case, or something like that, place a brick or 2 into it, and then fill a separate tub/tote/wash tub whatever you have, add enough water to it to be able to sink the pillow case with the cc. You may need to use rocks of whatever to weight it down.
I would let them sit over night, then in the morning, squeeze the crikeys out of it, dump the soaking juice, refill that tote, and do it again.
Warm water releases the salt a bit better, but cold will work, just do that like 3 times.
I never worried about drying myself man, I usually put it right to work.

Bagged coco, usually does not need rinsed, BUT I have not ever used your product, as bags are usually a bit more pricey, and I’m a cheap bitch.

H2O2, I get at 28% from the grow shop, again, BE VERY CAREFUL with this, it is CRAZY potent and WILL burn your skin badly if you phuck up!! BIG JUJU!!
I keep a hobby syringe attached to my jug, and mix it @ 5-10% when sanitizing my pots/10/20 trays/ and I always use gloves…ALWAYS.

3% works fine for most things, do not use the 28% until you learn about how to handle it. As an old guy, I have many professionals friends to help me understand what I need to know, so beware…phuck that be SAFE!

3 Likes