Mullumbimby Madness, Colorado Sativa's

I direct sowed 20 seeds and so far I’ve had 4 pop up then I lost one but I had another pop up since so still at 4 and hopefully the closer we get to the full moon more will pop up hopefully but if not I’ll take whatever blessings I can get :slight_smile:

38 Likes

I believe it was a grasshopper that ate part of the one there but it was healthy enough it couldn’t eat it all :slight_smile: lol
Long live the Natural Farmer!

12 Likes

Glad to see you sowing seeds naturally. If you get a cold snap and get worried put a clear solo cup or something similar over the top. I think I used a juice bottle and cut the neck off. I’m convinced that the ones that make it will be much stronger plants and will be solid growers come summer. We got snow and a hard freeze this morning and I’ll check the at least one sprout that came up in my yard and bet it survived. It’s been up a week or two.

Good vibes on the grow man! Spring is here! :v:

12 Likes

I suspect that you will regret planting those so close together.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

In all seriousness, this is going to be epic!

8 Likes

An Australian homie and I were just discussing Mullumbimby yesterday. These typically grow to be monsters outside, should be exciting to see.

Best of luck and may the full moon pop all the unopen seeds.

10 Likes

Do you by any chance know the genetic history/ lineage of mullumbimby madness? I’ve heard tell that there may be some leb in there and I wonder what else? @Mr.Christmas thanks

5 Likes

Sadly I don’t for certain. I had heard on an episode of Heavy Dayze’s “Pot Cast” that it was primairly Thai genetics but this post on ICMag goes way deeper into the lineage.

There’s a quote in the post of a review of MM that states that it does indeed have Lebanese in it’s lineage however.

"I’ve heard many conflicting reports as to what actually is the parent makeup 4 the Mullimbimby. I know 4 sure that there is Thai, Colombian, Mexican, Hawaiian, New Guinean, Indian and Lebanese. In the late sixties and early seventies many a hippy and surfer traveled to those wonderful areas bringing back with them a bit of personal stash. From what I gather after talking to a few of the older guys is that it took them quite awhile to get the finished product.

They kept adding strains after guys came back and grew out their seeds. When they had a plant that was near perfect they stopped and started to let it pollinate itself over many years. It’s very Sativa apart from the Lebanese but I think 4 the wait it is well worth it."

Here’s a TL;DR the author of the post gives:

In summary

• OMS was said by 20’Thai to come from late 50s Thai stick
  • the Overgrow post from Raco states the early 70s variety came from 72’ Thai stick
  • both reported purple phenos, but rarer in OMS, which was not prone to purple coloration in cooler climates, but occasionally a ‘showcase purple’ genotype would surface
  • on the other hand the early 70s MM variety was renowned for turning purple towards the end of its growing season
  • little is known of Shanti’s MM other than that it was a hybrid of various sativas incl. Thai and Colombian, and was considered on par with Neville’s Haze for potency. It is a parent of El Nino/La Nina along with White/Black Widow.
  • the early 70s variety grew to 23 feet, while OMS only grew occasionally to 12 feet with little vertical stretch, but massive lateral branching.
  • Mullum Madman’s MM grew to 20 feet, but was either a mix of hybrids including Thai, Colombian, Mexican, Hawaiian, New Guinean, Indian and Lebanese, or possibly an OMS/MM hybrid.
  • Both Kog’s OMS and Mullum Madman’s MM had hermie problems.
  • Shantibaba’s MM had no hermie problems.
  • Kangativa’s MM grows to 20 feet with no hermies
  • Kangativa likens his plants to the Hunter Valley landrace varietal - origin possibly Indian .
  • OMS has a shorter flowering period than Kangativa’s MM.
11 Likes

Excited to see what happens with these!

2 Likes

Thanks bro! And that’s a good read :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What is OMS? I haven’t smoked yet… :confused:

2 Likes

Old mother sativa @gman me neither bro :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Gonna be some monsters, madness x goji was well over 10’ up here in Canada, unfortunately didn’t finish

3 Likes

All the best to your run!!
I grew these out a few years ago now.

I also grew out Australian Deadhead a while back.
I or we just love anything with the mullum in it.
Some of the Thai’s went 22 + weeks. But I love a long fist fight myself, on occasion, LOL!

11 Likes

Recovered from bug damage :slight_smile: , I wonder what filial generation these are?

11 Likes

The little seeds that could! :laughing: :pray:

3 Likes

I live not that far from Mullumbimby and have been using cannabis since the late 70s. Mullumbimby is in a sub tropical coastal area of Australia, a place settled by hippies in the early 70s.A lot of cannabis from that area was called Mullumbimby Madness and it is not certain whether it is actually a strain, or just marketing. Even old locals argue about this.

I’d never heard of Colorado Sativas but I found their site and it seems this originally came from Yantra seeds which are no longer in existence, but did not have a good reputation.

On the other hand, some of the Colorado genetics are from Kangativa’s grows and this was likely a good representation of cannabis from that area, although he grew South of there. Unfortunately he got busted but not before some of his seeds made it into others hands.

I will be watching this with interest.

9 Likes

I have a question for you @chili , how hard is it to get to Papua New Guinea? From Australia? Do y’all have a ferry? Or do you have to charter a boat? And is it possible to find the PNG landrace? Please and thank you

2 Likes

I think the PNG people will eat you if you go to visit.

5 Likes

Oh shit! @gman gotts ta B Mocareful! Lol

1 Like

Colorado sativas mm is a mullum mango haze hybrid and I cant remember what else. There are only a very very small amount of people who have ever had the mm genetics pure as it was held very tightly by two very elderly chaps. One of its parents are supposedly the old mother sativa wich was also called the burning bush by some very old timers. MM was basically made up of two very old thai stick lines (oms being one of those)with a touch of something else. Other versions came from seeds that were found in the original mm weed by others and were outcrossed to something else and were passed off as the real thing, and others were outrigt totaly different genetics passed off as the real thing.
Good luck with yours, should be interesting to see them grow out.

9 Likes