Multi strain test run

Yah, black oil sunflower seeds draw them in like a literal magnet. They’ll ironically fight birds like stellars jays to get the seeds. They are smart buggers, and will get their friends to come over to try and roll the trap over so they can escape to freedom. There was a huge logging operation just up the road and also wildfire swept through the area just a few K away. When we were evacuated, the squirrels moved in. They were killing plants in the greenhouse by tunneling through the roots and filling the tunnel with seeds and plums. You’d never even notice they were so good at hiding things. Except your plants would die later.
I let the chipmunks live because they are horticultural growing their own wheat crops. I find that to be very interesting. If you let their crops grow to completion they harvest it in the fall. Fascinating shit.

3 Likes

I loathe grey squirrels and dispacth every one I see in my yard. My house is brick with vinyl fascia and soffit and I have watched them effortlessly climb the brick walls and try to chew through the vinyl to gain entrance to the house and I’m not having that. I build simple blue bird boxes with small openings that I hang on or from a tree. The squirrels chew the opening until big enough to fit their head inside, they look around and are then done with the now useless blue bird house.

I bought a Sig Sauer ASP 20 break barrell .22 cal air rifle and mounted a nice air rifle scope on it Very accurate and for me it’s a quick, humane death.

3 Likes

I find that to be absolutely amazing! Little gamers/gardeners it’s amazing they have evolved this, rodents tend to be extremely smart from what I’ve seen with complex social behaviours too. I know how smart chipmunks are first hand from at the cottage. Litttle guys will go right in your pocket once they are comfortable with you, up your pant leg, in your shirt, lol I’m pretty sure it’s the kids of the kids of the kids kids and then some now as it’s been going on since I was a kid and my kids did it etc. I enjoy those little critters too, squirrels are alright but can be a huge nuisance.

1 Like

If a butterfly gets trapped in the greenhouse the chipmunks eat it. They scarf the body like some slim jim and toss the wings down on the floor. I thought they were vegan? :wink:

2 Likes

I bought a $80 trap from Canadian Tire, and an air rifle.
Oh, and a bag of peanuts.
Solved my problems of Squirrels living in my roof.

2 Likes

Life expectancy of one here at my house would be measured in seconds
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Fresh bag of black leb x strawberry banana rolled a joint I’m liking the taste of this strain.

12 Likes

I can’t risk hitting my ac compressor or Freon line bastards won’t quit running up and down the pipe . Why don’t they go play in a tree so I can shoot them?

4 Likes

Couple of updated pictures. Week 8

17 Likes

Man no wonder you have that big trimmer :rofl:
So many plants, all huge and dense. Can’t fathom doing that by hand…
Really great looking op, thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Used to hand trim 90 plants at one time. Definitely not a fun chore. Thanks

5 Likes

Well everyone is hanging upside down got tired of picking those things up every morning . I’ll snag a clothes line pic tonight . 60 days of budding I don’t count the first week 10 days till they show .
So actually 70 days of flower :cherry_blossom: if ya count the flip .

11 Likes

Nice don’t blame you I would have done the same

2 Likes

20 Likes

Looks like there should be some decent bud this round when branches the thickness of your thumb break off there is some weight to them .

3 Likes

Anyone recognize the sender ?

MI return address .
@ciganomarola by chance was this from you?

6 Likes

Green curry x snow lotus in a octopot enjoying the outdoors.

11 Likes

Nice! Get those squirrels out yet?

4 Likes

No shot a couple still 3 left from what I’ve counted . Wife picked up what looks like sulphur fire crackers with a fuse supposed to work well.
Just have to wait till I get all my plants put away before lighting one and smoke them out .

In the mean time since there gun shy now if they show they will be shot.

5 Likes

Little bastards!

2 Likes