Mumen Ryder's Mini Tents

Woah… I honestly wonder if I can trust either of these scales… I searched my orders on amazon to see about getting a new one and these are a bit older than I thought.

I’ve had the wacky one for 7 years and the other one 5… I don’t think I’ve ever honestly calibrated them… Maybe time for a new scale haha…

3 Likes

Lol ya they’re pretty disposable nowadays. I have the middle one, it works ok but I don’t think it can be calibrated.

1 Like

I wondered about that too.
I have purchased a couple scales recently, and checked them when I received them (they were bang on). I’ve tested them after a few months as well (no drift).
The strain gauge technology is straight forward but testing them gave me confidence in them (I still check once in a while…)

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Yeah. I always have 2 scales and a test weight. If the main set I use becomes at all questionable then I test with the other set to confirm as well as test both using the test weight.

2 Likes

I have that top one. No change or noticable drift after a couple years of use (pressing rosin).

3 Likes

That’s the one I like, I think it’s still accurate, but I’ll know here in a couple days.

I ordered another one the exact same which will be here this week, and it comes with a calibration weight that I can use for both.

I didn’t treat the wacky one very well… So no surprise if it didn’t last 7 years with abuse lol…

1 Like

Smoke report for the c99s:

Fairly easily to grow, very vigorous, two different phenos. First pheno finishes fast, but doesn’t yield much. Second pheno takes 2.5 weeks more but yields almost 4 times as much and has a nice Sativa high.

3/4 harvested plants are a hybrid effect, not sedative but intoxicating and impair judgement.

The 4th I’m calling “Spicy Italian”, it smells like basil and black pepper with hints of licorice and other spices has a clear high with a lot of focus and energy.

The smaller two only yielded about an ounce total, and the larger two were about 50g each.

Total yield 132 grams.

Lots of different terps, citrus and spicy, pretty unique. I can’t say I’ve smelled any other strains quite like it.

Overall I think the genetics are strong and easy to grow and produce some nice buds!

16 Likes

Great haul.
Well done, I looking forward to the smoke reports, especially the Spicy Italian :+1:

Cheers
G

1 Like

Thanks buddy!

The Spicy Italian has finished curing now about 3 weeks. It’s the only one that has a real Sativa type high. Nice and energetic, a little racey but also focusing. It’s definitely the gem of the bunch :wink:

The other 3 are nice, heavy buzz sorta typical hybrid type high without any sedation.

The other 3 smell like lemons and tropical fruit but also really spicy. Not sure what the spices are exactly… But… Spicy :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Sounds delicious. That’s a nice stash you’ve got there!

2 Likes

Been a bit busy lately… Should have some updates in a couple days. In the meantime, I burp all my jars once a month. Today I had to have a serious conversation with myself about downsizing… Or I really need to get busy making rosin as it seems that’s all my group of friends are interested in anymore is concentrates :thinking:

I started growing because I used to smoke a gram of concentrate a day. Now I vape a few hits of flower a week. The thing is, the growing is still the most fun part. Still though, there is no reason to have 20+ jars around… Probably my whole house smells like weed. I’ll probably keep running 2 tents anyways lol, I dunno maybe 1 tent is plenty.

I worry about some of it actually going “bad”. Some of those jars have been curing more than a year now. Probably past their prime.

11 Likes

Long term storage in jars for me hasn’t worked well. Much better results vacuum sealed I’ve threw a lot of good weed that went old and gross tasting in the hash pile until I started freezing it .

4 Likes

Any kind of vaccum sealing device or product you have used specifically?

1 Like

How long do you cure before sealing and freezing? How long does it last in the freezer?

I might just have to do this.

1 Like

Lol my cupboard is full of jars too… I’ve literally taken over an entire cupboard. The gf isnt as impressed as I am. I have some pineapple chunk that’s been in a jar for a year and it smells/tastes amazing!

6 Likes

I’ve in the past used food sealer brand but they don’t last long if you over work them the heat element ends up burning out . A commercial brand from cabbalas or a sporting store is a better investment in the long run if you plant on using it lots plus the option of a stop button on the vacuum sealer a must to prevent over squishing them into a solid lump .
As far as storage times I’m sure a couple years isn’t out to lunch I’ve had a year in storage and you’d swear it was fresh that week.

2 Likes

Lol yeah…The wife actually doesn’t mind so I’m lucky in that regard. Some of my stuff been curing a year does smell great. Just smelled some Dinafem purples and it’s possible they have actually gotten better. Pineapple chunk sounds frickin awesome…

I’m definitely accumulating jars though…

Probably I just need to get pressing since I seem to be able to give that away easily. Seems like no one smokes/vaped flower anymore lol…

2 Likes

I’m tempted to turn most of it into oil too… or edibles

1 Like

Ok so I’m finally backup and running in both tents.

I have been noticing what I thought was light burn the past 4 grows, some worse than others, but this time it was really bad in the tent with the Black Raspberry Kush. Upon further inspection I noticed (and others noticed) that my plants also looked like they had N tox. Which is strange because I monitor run off EC/pH as well as input EC/pH pretty religiously.

If interested I posted an in depth overview here:

I posted on a few forums and got some good ideas but nothing conclusive so I’ve decided to address the 4 more likely problems:

• Too much NH4
  • Too small of rockwool cube
  • Not enough air movement above the canopy
  • Problems with pool shock

Too much NH4
While other people have had success with DynaGro I did notice that they use a lot of NH4 in their nitrogen sources. I’ve seen other people have trouble with Masterblend vs Jacks and consider that the main diff is the NH4 in the source of Nitrogen. I honestly have no idea. I’ve had other people say that NH4 builds up if you use it in hydro where there isn’t a lot of bacteria to break it down, or possibly the ammonia causes issues etc. Either way, best I can tell is that in a sterile system with rockwool it is undesirable. So I’ll be using nutrients which only use NO3 for their nitrogen source.

Too small of rockwool cube
I’ve seen people do amazing things with small root spaces, but generally this is only true of very experienced growers. I found a few posts of people having similar problems to me who also tried to use 4 inch cubes start to finish. I’m going back to full size 6 inch cubes for now. I had to change some things in my grow space to get this going, but it’s all working now.

Not enough air movement above the canopy
The problem appears mainly on the top of the plant while the bottom looks fine. This made me think light burn, but also I stopped using circulation fans in my 2x2 because I’d seen other people get away with it. Someone suggested the tops of the plants may be pulling in a ton of water and also then nitrogen etc. causing problems. My temps are never above 82 so I honestly don’t know, but I do know that not having a circ fan is unorthodox and so for now I’m putting them back in. I don’t like them because they are known fire hazards, but for now this is the direction I’m going.

Problems with Pool Shock
I use pool shock in my rez, and I noticed others having issues with it. It does a great job of keeping things sterile but overall I’m not sure about it. I have seen many people have luck with good old clorox which is easy to measure so I’ll be going that route.

So here are the four potential solutions I’m implementing:

• NO3 as only Nitrogen source
  • 6 inch rockwool cubes instead of 4
  • 1-2 Small circulation fans above canopy
  • Clorox instead of pool shock

Here are the 4 Sweet Seeds, Sweet Zkittlez I’ll be running with these changes:

Thanks for stopping by, and good luck in your gardens!

10 Likes

General design of experiments suggests only changing a single variable at a time. Otherwise, you wont know which change actually made the difference. I know it’s a slower way to do it, but I would start with one change and go from there.

I would start with the rockwool cubes. 4³ = 64, 6³ = 216 that’s more than 3x the volume for roots.

4 Likes