Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

my mom would of never fallin for that. :frowning:

3 Likes

Helps if you grow other mushrooms at the same time :joy:. I got cordyceps, lions mane, and turkey tail, need to get a couple different colors of oysters to round things out.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know that is medical. Its hard to believe that such species actually exist
Probably nothing new for you, buthere is good and easy read about cordiceps. And pics

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/24/science/ant-zombies-fungus.html

4 Likes

I guess this is what I get for waiting until morning to grab the rest :laughing:

14 Likes

My plans today about 90 mins after a light lunch. I removed trash bag helmets off my clones and fed them their feed requirements after this hopefully last 4-day ground and pound.

9/10ths of a gram Mazatapec Lemon Ginger Probiotic tea
10 MG banana kush gummies
Smoking MAC
Vapin Garlic drip as a chaser

9 Likes

Spawning a new tub today…

These are ready to go.

Some are more ready than others :laughing:

Gonna let it ride with exposed grain for now.
Once it’s sufficiently colonized I’ll add a thin layer of coco over the top.

Also made a new batch of agar

Waiting for second flush on the shoeboxes.

10 Likes

haha, bonus shrooms!

8 Likes

Pour agar in the open?!?

2 Likes

Yeah, but that’s before sterilizing it, and after Lysol, sanitizing all surfaces, and turning off all fans.

Seems to have been working okay for me so far?

All of those then get quite thoroughly steamed:

They go from there into my SAB.

The condensation will clear in a few days, maybe as long as a week.

I haven’t had any real issues with it yet.
Ones I don’t open never show any growth :man_shrugging:

I can’t find the link to the Tek I was inspired by, but it’s similar to Pasty Plates.

4 Likes

Forgot you were doing no pour agar, thought you were pouring them and covering them as is :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I probably am going to try the more traditional method at some point, but for now the “no pour” method seems to be working well enough and is easy enough that even my feeble ass can manage it :laughing:

1 Like

Anyone know where to get a spore syringe in the UK? A friend said he was worried about shipping syringes from abroad post Brexit nonsense

1 Like

not entirely sure, but there may be a UK vendor on the r/sporetraders subreddit

1 Like

Found another bonus shroom :laughing:

I don’t even know what to do now with this bag. I wasn’t planning to spawn it until next weekend.

I guess could toss some coco on top and try to top fruit it in the bag?

[EDITED TO ADD]
I think I found another one :wink:

4 Likes

just pluck the shroom and treat it as normal. It’ll still spawn fine. Likely just had a bit too must FAE on the bag so it put itself into fruiting conditions. You really only need to ship about 0.5" off the corner, I’ve even had good success with Injecting high on the center of the bag, and just using that as the only air hole.

2 Likes

No injections this time: Those holes are all as big as they are because each bag was inoculated with an entire agar plate and I’m too gimpy to get it all into a smaller hole without missing, lol :wink:

I thought the way I had them taped would not provide too much FAE, but it appears that I was wrong. It definitely didn’t start out that open. The tape was folded over so that there wasn’t a visible gap at the time, but I guess that was enough for a shroom to push it apart and widen it, lol.

[EDITED TO ADD]

Turned out to be a bit bigger than I expected. Very firm and heavy, too. I took some tissue samples for clones.

9 Likes

I learned on youtube and a lot of trial and error. More error than trial :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

The shoebox I spawned 6 days ago

The LC I started it with. I’ve let it sit for a while, the mat that formed at the surface became a solid barrier :rofl:

6 Likes

That’s hilarious :joy:

4 Likes

Onto the next step and variety
Broke boi tek, pints of brown rice and Mazatat (mazatepec x tat)

A very thick and well blended Z strain LC (forgot to turn off stir plate for a day)

5 Likes