Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

Creeper Tubs day 10. Ready for fruiting. Away they go. Misted the tub and set the fogger on low, 5 mins every 2 hours. Iā€™m going to make a point of rotating tubs and dumping off excess water every few days.

13 Likes

Looking good @ColeLennon

Hereā€™s my mini2. Todayā€™s progress so far.

Mini1 is fruiting as well, just a little behind #2.
And 3n4 look like there about to start.

11 Likes

Right On Man!!! Looking good!!! :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

3 Likes

Thank you! I got my eye on that center one. Seems the biggest/fastest so far.
I love taking multiple pics of them throughout the day so I can track the progress down and then when it comes time for cloning I know what ones grew the fastest.

I actually just rigged my GoPro up on a tripod to watch them taking a picture every half hour because when itā€™s all said and done I would like to make a Time Lapse video

6 Likes

:100: :100: :100: :100: :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Yeah, the time lapse video would be cool. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just started to fruit my first bag.
:crossed_fingers:
This is what it looked like.

9 Likes

Sweet pins here they come!!! :100: :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Yaaay!
I was hoping to get some approval!
:mushroom::grin:

4 Likes

Yeah Iā€™d say it looks good! Youā€™re about to have little shroomies popping up :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sorry to say but your substrate is really dry again. Fine mist sprayers really work the best. Take a spray bottle hold 12"-16" away from sub and spray. Move around and make sure all edges and all. Do t try to saturate. 2 sprays then move. Keep spraying from above as long as the droplets rest on surface. Once new droplets absorb stop spraying. Once droplets disappear means to much water and just absorbed in to cakes( or minis @Illicitmango ) always make sure moisture droplets are sitting on surface. You are really far from over watering like youā€™d have to pour cups of water. So spray the top from elevated distance. Also might be worth while to spray sides of container so bottom has some water to push fruits to the top. Just ime. Looking good little bit more moisture the pins will form faster and within 3-4 days youā€™ll have mini pins everywhere. Winter time heaters pull moisture out of air! Keep in mind but ya looking good some extra sprays and youā€™ll have a nice full flush.

6 Likes

I appreciate the advice @420noob :pray:
Iā€™ve been misting anytime I see the droplets disappearing/or not as plentiful sitting on the surface.

The last pic was taken before I misted :slight_smile:
I havenā€™t run the heater at all yet since it dries everything out and will cook the closet lol. I have it in there just in case these winter temps make the room too cold, and in that case Iā€™d run it in the room n avoid running it in the closet itself. Currently the closet has been holding 68fmin-72fmax, And the chamber humidity has been between 90-94 according to my little monitor thing.

I have a reptile/terrarium fogger that I need to dig out from my basement, I just havenā€™t felt like searching through the totes lol. Had 6 chameleons years ago, bought a fogger and never even opened it.

3 Likes

Mini2 update

Introducing Mini1

12 Likes

They are moving, got some ā€œtake outā€ be sure and tip the driver :rofl: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: Driver being @Illicitmango lol

3 Likes

Lolā€¦ if I was in business, I could just show up for a delivery of mushies, and give them the container as is.
Charge a little extra because of the future extra flushes as long as they maintained them, and everything already established

Me deliveringā€¦
Here ya go lolā€¦ enjoy!

5 Likes

Yes please! Lol
Wouldnā€™t that be a grand way of doing it! I love the idea! :grin::mushroom:Too bad we have laws against thatā€¦:smirk:

4 Likes

Gotta Love the spirit and generosity of this siteā€¦

@420noob is top notchā€¦He came from out of nowhere volunteered to donate a collection of spores that, frankly, has me humbledā€¦

Kudos to you my friend for your generosity and initiative to get me going.

Reputation is everything here and I always pride myself in trying to maintain that same spiritā€¦Best Regardsā€¦

Very much appreciated!!
:pray:

6 Likes

Question for someone that makes their own spore syringes. I bought 100 of these 10ML luer lock syringes. Using them for cannabis oil too. When it comes to spores, will 18G 1.5 inch needles work? Are they big enough gauge-wise?

I will be using them to inject into the bottom of grain bags, not jars. Not worried about length. Just the gauge?

4 Likes

Yes, those should be fine.

4 Likes

Yeah, I thought so!!! Thanks man. I will never have to buy more. I got 250 luer lock caps for the cannabis oil also.

3 Likes