Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

This is what I just ordered. Gives me the option of needle gauges.

3 Likes

I got some with blunt tips. I was thinking with self-healing injection ports, I should have some tapered sharp tips.

2 Likes

18g 1.5 inch is the exact size I ordered
With sharp needles.

3 Likes

I did a lot of google-fu and saw many recommendations for blunt tip for ease of sucking up solution. Since I donā€™t use self-healing injection ports, they should work fine for me.

3 Likes

And Mini2 has some ready!
Problem isā€¦ theyā€™re way smaller than the shoebox method from my last run lol
But I already expected them to be a bit smaller.
Also, the minis definitely dry out a lot faster too.
:slight_smile: Just having fun. Andā€¦ now I know lol

I got it all captured on my gopro as a time lapse, just gotta get the setting dialed in. 1pic every 30 mins was a bit too long of a gap in between shots. I think I got it figured out now though. Never messed with TLapse stuff before but weā€™re learning! I feel like Iā€™m learning alot lately :mushroom:

11 Likes

hey all - hope you re all doing well!

@Bobgrows - On your way for sure, pins are just around the corner in your bag
@Illicitmango - those mini tubs are splendid
@ColeLennon - your tubs colonised really fast, love it!

Here is my current state - both tubs slowed right down so I added water, one has started to go again and it looks like it is on its way but a little behind.
948464B8-71D6-4585-874E-3E6CF325327B_1_105_c

Z

17 Likes

Thank you @Zaaboot yourā€™s look great as well!
You got some tall ones there :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you @Zaaboot
Canā€™t wait to see mine look like yours

5 Likes

Ok so I harvested mini2, theyā€™re currently drying.
I took the center (biggest/fastest) shroom and put it to agar. Hopefully it works out :slight_smile:

Inside my SAB I cut the stipe open n took some of the inside meat n put some on 3 agar cups. [Gloves, iso, torched the scalpel red hotā€¦etc] now we waitā€¦ impatiently lol.

@Bobgrows are you fruiting them right from the bag?

5 Likes

I am. Iā€™m also fruiting a brc today. Took a sample of that and added it to a grain jar. We shall see.

5 Likes

Brc? Iā€™m thinking brown rice cake?

Fruiting from the bag seems like a neat way to do it.
Iā€™d imagine it holds the moisture longer.

4 Likes

Yes Brown Rice flour cake.
My very firstā€¦ :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Wishing ya the best of luck with Big flushes n no contams!

My jars are Brf too. Iā€™ll probably spawn some to coco coir.

5 Likes

Monsters reaching for the light fixture on the ceiling. Props :100: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

3 Likes

Look at those mini pins in the first pic nicešŸ‘šŸ». Iā€™ve never used a fogger but lots of people do. Ya droplets on surface is perfect. If spray and the droplets dissapper that usually means to much water. So that happy medium. Evaporation is what triggers fruiting. Also @Illicitmango you are are cloning yay. Make sure you read up on how to clean up a petri dish with transfers. Nice though thatā€™s how I learned I experimented with everyvlittke thing I could try. Also this is a great video installments for how to do lots of thingsvwith mushrooms. Its only $8.99 also get to watch a couple for free. Check it out!

quote=ā€œColeLennon, post:3112, topic:5971ā€]
When it comes to spores, will 18G 1.5 inch needles work? Are they big enough gauge-wise?
[/quote]

Yes those will work great. Also work great if you start making liquid cultures mycelium in a nute solution is thick doesnā€™t suck up smaller needles as well anything number 25g or higher are kinda small I go with 21 g or whatever tractor supply has actually.

4 Likes

Mini1 progress

13 Likes

Very nice!
Iā€™m so anxiousā€¦ lol

3 Likes

they are flying @Illicitmango - gotta love em little take away tubs.
Can I ask what temps you set your boxes on - I get the feeling I am not where I need to be, getting nice big mushies, but they certainly take their time from first sight to them being ready

4 Likes

Nice shrooms!!! What strain are these? About 4 days fruit here. I dropped my fogger to 2 mins on low every two hours. I have plenty of humidity in monotub. :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

2 Likes

My fruiting chamber is 68f at its lowest and 72f at its highest.

Usually about 4 to 5 days from pin to harvesting.
My shoebox was pretty much the same time frame based on the pics/timestamps.

3 Likes