Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

My creeper tubs at 4 days fruit. 32QT Monotub with 4-2 inch holes with one filter disc per hole. Running it 2 mins on low every 2 hours during lights on. Mist hood and front panel at lights off and shut fogger off until lights on. This is before fogger starts at lights on.
thumbnail_20230201_095005

8 Likes

Beautiful @ColeLennon
Thatā€™s a nice pile you have there!

3 Likes

Those are looking great. Your substrate looks a little dry.lol just tip when you harvest firmly grasp base rock back and forth gently a couple times you will feel small little breaks then twist and pull. You donā€™t want to mess up or surface to much. Also once you harvest to bigger beauties donā€™t soak your substrate until most of those pins mature brf has a tendency to not flush all at once. Differences is how your substrate is mixed and how consolidated cakes where also conditions.

4 Likes

Yea I give them real slow twisting until they come loose so it doesnā€™t rip anything up. I mist the minis fairly often, theyā€™re just tough to keep hydrated. The shoebox was definitely way better in terms of moisture retention.

These minis were spawn from the Uncle Benā€™s rice that I had. I didnā€™t spawn any brf yet, although 8/12 jars are ready

3 Likes

I think we are running at the same temps, but are for sufre slower - no real drama just no idea why :joy:

4 Likes

I could be wrong, but I think mine move fast just because everything is smaller, so less time needed to colonize/spread/grow. Some of these mushies from the minis are pretty tiny, and after dryingā€¦ even smaller lol. Even my shoebox was less spawn/coir than it probably shouldā€™ve been but Iā€™m not going for the biggest flushes. This is all to learn, and most of all, something to have fun with to help pass my days so I dont go stir crazy in this house.

As for progress updateā€¦

*Mini 1 and 2 have been harvested, now just waiting on the next flush.
*I did transfers/clones of GT fruits to 3 agar cups
*Yesterday i used the last of my GT syringe on 4 agar plates.
*I spawned 3 half pint jars of colonized BRF to my 6qt shoebox with coco coir @ Roughly a 1:2 ratio. Yay if it doesnā€™t contam. I might actually see a decent size flush finally as this is the biggest/most amount ive done in the same container.

Trying to keep busy :slight_smile:
When I only have a tiny amount going on, things feel like their dragging and then I tent to over love everything as thereā€™s not much to do. If all goes well, I should have a bit more on my plate to keep grinding/ learning to keep myself busy with.

Sorry for the long read yall. Howā€™s everybody elseā€™s mushies coming along?

6 Likes

Nice its always a learning experience even when you screw up. So for a quick estimate take 7% of your total wet weight to find your dry weight. They say 10% but from numerous grows its between 6.8%-7.3% so I go with 7%. I had to toss my 2 shoeboxes and bootbox. Still have a couple grain jars that arevpriducing fruit on straight grain in the jar. Also have 12 quarts of whole oats sterilized and ready to be nocd up. Gonna hit some with John Allen liquid culture, penis envy uncut liquid culture, a penis envy Ɨ AA+ cross liquid culture, and maybe natalesis as well not a cube but very similar in everyway.

4 Likes

cheers @Illicitmango - I think you are bang on, the variables you mention change everythingā€¦

lots going on at your end - hoping for a smooth run :pray:

Today my partner and I are going to get some Golden Teachers in to us, I am going 4g and she will go 3g :raised_hands:

I very much doubt I will be logging in during the day, report back in tomorrow - have a good weekend all

4 Likes

Im off duty today (I take care of my grandmother)
So im going to eat some Golden Teachers as well @Zaaboot. Its really cold outside so unfortunately I wonā€™t be out in nature much, but my fiancee said she had some errands to runā€¦Count me in for the ride lol!

Have a great Saturday everybody!

Progress updateā€¦
Waiting on mini 1 n 2 to starts their 2nd flush (if they can)
My shoebox is colonizing, (havenā€™t fully checked yet, just going by what I can barely see through the tiny uncovered spot in the side plastic.

So not too much happening yet so no pictures to add.

5 Likes

Iā€™m coming off a cold. No Sat macro dose for me. You guys be safe. Day 7 on fruiting the creepers. I am paying attention to my humidity and dialing in this tub. Misting it goes a long way until the substrate starts drying out. So, I have it set to fog every 3 hours for 2 mins on low and off at night. I will bump it up after the first flush. I have been rotating tubs every 3 days not only right to left but top to bottom also. Working on getting even evaporation across both tubs.

10 Likes

@Illicitmango - cool beans, how was your trip?
My partner and I took some yesterday, mine was pleasant, slow to come on and very balanced. It turned me in to a hyena at one point where I could not stop laughing at all :joy: but ultimately this morning I feel top of the world. Its been a while and it is nice to be back :raised_hands:

My partner on the other hand, had a good trip in the sense it was not a bad day, but she spent most of the day crying and reflecting - and as with me, today she is fit as a fiddle.

So today, we are going out foraging, looking for some oysters maybe and some more turkey tail.

Both my tubs are going green, so they are going on the no till veg bed outside and I shall be injecting some Cambodian in to grain ready to start a new run - the big box will be cleaned and alcoholed down.
So for my first successful/ish run I totalled 47grams dried. Going to run one more time fully sealed - then try some of the braver stuff that I am learning from you all.

take care all
Z

6 Likes

back from a little forage - mainly turkey tail and some young oysters out today, didnt really take much of anything to let it grow as it was all a bit young

10 Likes

Iā€™ve been thinking about trying my hand at some shroomies. Has anyone tried one of the ready to add spores grow bags? Seems pretty simple

5 Likes

Had a great trip yesterday/last night.
Started pretty mild then I started to feel it more. Walls were breathing, I kept feeling like a giant, then an ant, and everything was fuzzy/distorted. My fianceā€™s girlfriend came over and joined me. (Fiancee doesnt do anything other than drink here n there) so 2 of us were tripping and 1 was drinkingā€¦ at one point the friend started playing my guitar, so I just HAD to play the drumsā€¦I think I ended up eating roughly 4.5gs and she had 2g. Jamming was fun lol although it became a little difficult. Eventually i couldnā€™t focus so we put on some music, dug out the black lights n disco ball n just went for the ride.

@A-Loc I havenā€™t, but I think another member is currently doing a fruit from the bag grow.

7 Likes

I tried one with PE spores, but I fucked it up. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

This is something Iā€™m just starting to look into. Trying to get some more help for my depression and ptsd. I like the idea of the simplicity of the grow bags. Seem to be a few options out there. I was trying to figure out spores and I saw one place that sells bags gives you a list of trusted vendors when you make a purchase

5 Likes

I have a grow bag going currently. Just started to fruit it.
Not too thrilled about this one. It was a all in one, taking a looong timeā€¦ lol Iā€™ll show pics later, Iā€™m out.
I bought 3 of another brand that has grains and substrate separated.
We shall seeā€¦

5 Likes

Some strains take longer. I had mazatapec take more than 20 days to fruit. John Allen 12 days.
Northspore is expensive. Shipping is a lot. Next winter. Iā€™m just going to order what I used this winter all at once. 4 grain bags and 2 boomer bags. Over a 150 is free shipping. You also want to let the grain bag sit for a week or two to acclimate. Follow the directions they give and watch their process. I fucked one-grain bag up on injection that was my first creeper 5cc. The rest and the boomer bags are GREAT.

7 Likes

Sounds lovely - good times :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Finally seeing some progress. Blue meaniesā€¦

13 Likes