Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

There you go!!! @Bobgrows I’m expecting a lift-off any day now on the creepers. :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:
That’s the beauty of mushys, one sec nothing and then Bam. :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

5 Likes

And a lovey blue meanie they are. More to come. Going to watch. I am considering putting blue meanies on my list to grow next winter. :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

I’m looking at these guys for gain bags.
Grain Mushroom Spawn Bags | Midwest Grow Kits
I might try them. They are 2.5 lbs each but you get two bags for less than northspore charges for one. Northspore’s boomer bag dung substrate. I’m sticking with it. BOOM for sure . :100: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

5 Likes

I just ordered an oz or 28g of Blue Meanies $94 online as well as an oz or 28g of Daddy Longlegs $109 as I ran out yesterday.

On sale $203 Ca for both and they throw in 3.5g or 1/8oz of albino penis envy for free with orders over $50. It will keep me going a year or two while I get my mushroom growing set up.

They only ship to Canada.

8 Likes

That’s awesome that you guys can buy shrooms locally like that. Oregon has passed law for therapeutic use only. It’s movement though, on much-needed medicine. :100: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

6 Likes

Kushking is running some atm check out his thread. Just click on the green title below.

That’s your energy field expanding and contracting. I get that occasionally before leaving my body.

3 Likes

Yeah its really handy, they also have dispensaries all over Canada, just not in Nova Scotia, I would still do it online anyway even if they were local. Canada is the same, there are a couple of medical Universities pushing the Gov for legalization, so they can test the benefits more easily.

Big Pharma will be pushing back hard to stop it though :rage:

5 Likes

Fuck Ya they will be. That’s why I love how the mushy home growing is becoming so popular. I hope the medicine grows as common as cannabis.

7 Likes

thats amazing that you can get this online - over here we get strung up by our testes in the town square just for looking at a magic mushroom…

5 Likes

I thought they were talking about the enigma mushroom. It’s sporeless like clone only weed you just can’t reverse it though it stays clone/lc only or dried colonized grain.

4 Likes

Hi, sorry man if I am confusing you, yours was the last post on kusk kings thread so you got notified when I used a link for A-Loc and illicitmango to check it out . No they were looking for more grow in the bag members here.

5 Likes

There’s 2 enigma strains. Both have pe in them. The one I was talking about is tidal wave enigma, that won the Psilocybin cup. It was a clone on agar that I made into a LC

4 Likes

So I got this jar from Midwest Organics. Added 3CC of Penis Envy spores. I did it 4 days ago. Yesterday it had black specs near the bottom. I assume spores. It has settled on the bottom. I’m going to use the magnetic stirrer today. Is this looking normal? @420noob

4 Likes

@ColeLennon Sometimes the LC has some sediment, I got pre-made LC and it had specs in the bottom but when I make it myself it’s pretty clear.
I’ve never made LC with spores tho so that’s probably all it is

4 Likes

Here’s the tidal wave 4 LC I have going now.

6 Likes

Do you see mycelium growing at all? I leave mine alone until they’re fully colonized and then use the stir bar to break it up so I can suck it up with a syringe.

2 Likes

Thank you @Kushking902 and @pharmerfil It has mycelium floating on the surface and some stuff settled on the bottom. I think it’s forming. My temps are around 74 degrees. I think it is moving in the right direction. I’m going to wait until it builds more mycelium before I place it on the magnetic stirrer.

6 Likes

Yeah, I remember the stuff settled on the bottom when I first got it and placed it in the fridge until I went to use it. Mixed right up on the magnetic stirrer before I inoculated it. Seems to be moving along as normal. :peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Do you have any of the spores left? I’ve never tried making LC from spores but have heard it can be difficult. I’ve been told to put spores to agar then when it’s germinated and a clean culture make the LC with that. Just a thought if you had extra spores.

4 Likes

No, I used 3CC of the penis envy. The other 7CC went in a 3lb grain bag, I overshot by 2CC. I bought this mainly to see if I could do it. I will make my own jars later down the road. DIY is pretty simple. I appreciate the help and tips. I’m sure I will need more help in the future. I’m only running these current Creepers and then Penis Envy. Done with mushy’s until next winter. Focus on my outdoor come May and June. I’m giving these spores in this jar to a friend. That is if I do it correctly. lol.

7 Likes

Looking good so far! Spores to lc take quite a while to see growth compared to agar wedge or colonized grain that already has mycelium growth in it. Spores in lc take longer because you still have male/female and they need to connect to germinate then start making mycelium. Sediment is fine your mycelium will greedily eat that up and it will be clear. Magnetic stirrer will work if you have it I just put 2 glass marbles in jar before sterilize and just give them a nice swirl everyday and before you load your syring. PE are a harder cube to grow. You should look up how to grow penis envy specifically because they need a little more care and take longer to do everything.

Also mycelium can “mat” up at the top of lc if not kept broken up well. Then it will not fit in syringe.

8 Likes