Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

Start small maybe 5 grams wet or even 2.5 grams wet. I did like 10-12 grams wet. My first dose. I should of tried half that. Oh and eat something lite a couple hours before. I took mine at noon and still had no appetite at midnight. Or wait until they are dried and weigh a dose correctly. Thatā€™s what I should of done. :rofl: I read after I dosed, that creepers are dense and donā€™t lose a lot of size when dried. So Iā€™m not sure if the 10% of wet weight applies to creepers. :alien:

3 Likes

Flush 2 is underway. It is starting to look like the second flushes are going to grow some monsters. I misted the surface well after flush one and changed my fogger since medium is drying out to 5 mins on low every 3 hours and 2 mins on low every 3 hours at dark. I mist the lid and front panel lightly in the morning once.

9 Likes

Fresh mushies some people swear by them . I can barely get down dried ones lol. @blowdout2269 the capsules are way easier on stomach. I think because itā€™s finely ground it all gets broken down evenly and quickly so they arenā€™t in your stomach as long trying to break down for digestion. Just my thoughts but that is the only way I take em. No taste perfect

7 Likes

Anyone have any links on capsules and gear for doing the filling?

3 Likes

I just used Amazon monster, 1000 capsules size 00 was $10 they also have holders for filling.@bobgrows has a homemade capsules holder

4 Likes

The fresh ones might have been what contributed to your experience @ColeLennon.

@Bobgrows, yes starting with small doses, feeling it out, waiting a day or three, then making a reassessment would likely be in your best intrest as you go. This will definitely give your mind and body time to acclimate and absorb possible side effects. Maybe take notes?
Donā€™t be scared. :wink:

Yeah @420noob, Iā€™d think this would help. As they are already ground down and broken up for absorption.

4 Likes

Hereā€™s my capsule filler.

This Pic shows the capsule all the way down, ready to fill. Just pour your ground up shrooms in.

Then you put the bottom on and it pushes the capsule up to get it put and you put the two sides togetherā€¦

We do make them to purchase.

9 Likes

Thatā€™s really cool. :100:

3 Likes

17 days since adding the 3 CC of Penis Envy. I canā€™t tell if my Penis envy LC is building mycelium? When I stir it a little by just shaking it and moving the magnet. I see some milkiness swirl and everything that settles on the bottom stirs. I also see black specs swirling. Any ideas? I just swirled it. I have an LED behind it to take the pic. The drawer I have it in. Probably never gets over 73 degrees.

Edit this pic doesnā€™t show you shit. :rofl:

8 Likes

14 Likes

Those look really nice man. :100: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

3 Likes

I need to be more patient and let mine open up more.

4 Likes

Lc from spores take a long time. Hell lc from agar will take 2 weeks before you see growth. With Ms syringe you have to wait for the spores to germinate then start producing mycelium. Leave it set for a week leave alone then swirl. The more you swirl to more it breaks up the little growth so give it time to grow. It will also clear up the mycelium will eat all the little chunks. Donā€™t sweat it yet @toastyjakes nice flush

5 Likes

As per your LC, what did you use?

Iā€™d also say that most spores take 7-14days to germinate, but with PE everything takes longerā€¦ itā€™s stubbornā€¦ Iā€™d give it another week of looking and try againā€¦

Iā€™d say they milky swirlys are probably residuals in the waterā€¦ maybe calcium or some suchā€¦ do any of the spore clumps floating look like they have myc starting around them?

2 Likes

Shit, I donā€™t know. I canā€™t tell. I think I have been swirling it to much. I need to leave it alone. Iā€™m going to put it some place a little warmer.

3 Likes

Great minds aye :point_up_2:.lol also @ColeLennon I know you harvest yours earlier because you donā€™t like the spore mess that is no big deal you might lose a little weight but not potency. Iā€™ve learned that partial harvest on really thick flushes let those little guys grow up big. All personal choice really.

My lcs continue to grow in the fridge although it is a lot slower. Temp can help but itā€™s not the end all you used a premade lc mix right?

4 Likes

Yeah, I can tell that. My 3lb grain bag is taking forever to show much of anything. Been a couple weeks.

2 Likes

@Bobgrows so they help you with muscle spasms? I was aware of the mental benefits and for migraines but didnā€™t know about this. I am glad for you that something natural helps you more than prescription drugs.

5 Likes

I knew they worked on a part of the brain. My disorder, I was told, also in the brain. For some odd reason they DO cut the severity of my spasms. I donā€™t know how exactlyā€¦ but Iā€™ll take it. Iā€™ve been on so many meds that didnā€™t work, just made me sick. I still need my meds I currently take, but maybe they wonā€™t need to be increased.

5 Likes

Anyone growing Lions Mane or any other edible legal mushrooms at home to help with cognition/memory?

5 Likes