Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

Mostly they just rework your nerve endings, synapses and if Iā€™m being honest, the whole brain networkā€¦

I microdose for my MDD and it does immensely better than pharmaceuticals

7 Likes

Then that might explain it.
Iā€™m just very relievedā€¦
@toastyjakes

4 Likes

They really are magical

2 Likes

I am not but itā€™s really easy to get lionsmane ready to fruit blocks.
Lionā€™s Mane Mushroom Grow Kit Fruiting Block - North Spore Organic Lion's Mane Fruiting Block | Mushroom Growing Kit ā€“ North Spore
Supposedly easy to grow according to my mycology friends. Also cordisepse spelled wrong is good for brain function. Any edible, any no psychoactive shrooms are considered edible also they need to be edible lmao. Any edible mushrooms usually have fruiting kits even woodloving shrooms like lionsmane. If you want more info shroomery.org will have people who are extremely well versed in these types.

7 Likes

That liquid culture is really cloudy. Iā€™ve had trouble getting spores to start with lots of sediment.

Hereā€™s one I injected with 1cc about a week ago, it should be done at about 3 weeks. PM me if you want me to mix some of these up for you, I sure we could work something out.

2 Likes

The best way to do lc ime is drop an agar wedge into. That way you know itā€™s clean and mycelium will grow any sediment the mycelium will eat up and clear out the liquid. Ms syringe doesnā€™t guarantee that the lc will be clean. Spore syringes are only as clean as they make them so for lc can be a crap shoot. Even a single colonized grain dropped in lc with grow out quickly.

4 Likes

Sorry, if this is a little bit off topic, but has anyone tried and can recommend any of these ā€œmicrodoseā€ mushroom sellers or products?
Eg: microdosemushrooms(.com), magicmushroomdispensary(.ca), or microdelik(.com)?

2 Likes

Are you in Canada? That could make a huge difference. I hang around some mycology forums and havenā€™t heard of them. Of course most of us donā€™t trust prepackaged when easy enough to grow you own.lol. In Netherlands they sell actual grams of tats a type of mushies so maybe I don know. Thatā€™s me canā€™t speak for anyone else. Also I believe you can get lsd analogs in Canada as well but not Canadian so can only speak to what lve read.

2 Likes

Most online dispensaries in Canada carry mushys now days.

1 Like

Thank you for the back up!

2 Likes

I remember eating loads of raw mushrooms when we were kids, roaming around the fields late autumn looking for Liberty Caps, we would pick and eat, always be sick, but the trip was always pretty cool.

Now I either use Lemons or in capsules, capsules are the easiest and mildest, but I think the lemon way hits harder

But for drying I use the dehydrator the same as the ones above and keep it running pretty much all day until the mushrooms are crispy

Loving your guys work over the past few weeks. - some lovely shrooms coming up - Cant wait for my Cambodian to finish colonising, maybe a week away before fruiting can start

2 Likes

Yea, in canada. I notice some cannabis ā€œdispensariesā€ (online) have mushrooms. But if I donā€™t trust the garbage cannabis ā€œproductsā€ they sell then Iā€™m even less likely to trust psychedelic products they sell.
The ā€œdispensariesā€ I listed appear to sell exclusively or primarily mushrooms and mushroom products. So I just thought maybe that they could be a more reputable, safer place to buy them from.
Microdelik(.com) has a claim that their mushrooms/products are lab tested at the university of ontario, or something.

I duno. If I thought I had the time, area, and motivation to, I might try growing some. But then Iā€™d know even less about what dose I was using, etc.

2 Likes

Iā€™m growing one of those North Spore kits now. Itā€™s been a fun experience.

13 Likes

I wanna hear if it really does taste like lobster.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s what I hear. The edible mushroom boxes seem to work great especially since some of them are woodloving they are harder usually to grow.

5 Likes

I really like the products I have got from them. I need to try one of these kits. :100:

4 Likes

How does lionsmane drop spores is it possible to get a spore print from them :thinking:

There is a guy local to me that sells 1.5 meter hardwood logs inoculated with different mushroom spores for $10 each, He advises leaving them on the north side of a evergreen tree and keep the logs moist. They continue to fruit as they repopulate the logs with spors for as long as the log takes to deteriorate.

I found some huge chaga growths in easy reach on a birch tree a while a go, I went back up into my woods yesterday and broke off a few bits and found a lot at the base of the tree that had fallen off. I have another birch tree further away that has some big lumps of it as well but they are about 20ft up and I am not dragging a 20ft ladder half a mile through the trees, so thats safe for now lol. I have other birch trees with medicinal fungi, one has several hundred small turkey tail the other is called polypore

This is the chaga.

This is polypor

the chaga at different angles.

Thats a 14 mil spanner I had in y pocket for some reason lol thought it would give an idea of size.

9 Likes

Take a piece of tinfoil and place it under a fruiting body or alternatively cut a piece and place on top of foil and cover with a clean dish.
Youā€™ll definitely need to use agar to clean it up.
Normally easier to clone a clean piece of tissue from the base of one of the fruits.

3 Likes

Cheers man, but I know how to do it, just wondering if its possible with lionsmain they dont look like they have gills :+1:

I will keep that in mind.

3 Likes

13 Likes