Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

Very nice @ColeLennon nice long stems on those guys.

2 Likes

Thank you, the creeper grows an abundance of them

2 Likes

I still have golden Teachers going, and added White Tail Feather to the lineup.

2 Likes

I need to grow the teacher next winter. Them and blue meanies.

2 Likes

Whenever ya decide to do the teacherā€™s, let me know, I can send ya a print.

2 Likes

Will do I need to start working on my agar and print game. Thanks. At the very least making my spore syringe off of a print.

1 Like

I started agar, Iā€™m loving it!

This was a 2nd transfer, but first from A2A. I just did the 3rd transfers this morning. Trying to work it into a monoculture

11 Likes

That looks killer. Very Nice!!! Good Job!!! :100:

2 Likes

Thank you! I have this big guy printing right now, then Iā€™ll be playing with that on agar.

and the pointy guy below will be as well lol

7 Likes

Looks great! You have some amazing transfer spots there take leading edge and you can make 3-4 more plates. That way you will have more to noc up grains, make sure you have clean cultures, and even give it a couple days after transfer for mycelium to colonize new agar put in fridge youā€™ll have a clean cultures ready to go but will last months because of slowed growth. Isnā€™t agar fun? I made penicillin and even touched toothbrush to agar plate. Donā€™t do it itā€™s really gross

4 Likes

Thank you! @420noob
I am loving the agar game, my only regret is not getting into it sooner because like you and other people have told me, it certainly is a game changer being able to make sure you are starting out clean, and having the ability to clean cultures up.

Was tripping hard last night just vibing to good music lol and drew out a huge list of projects I plan on doing.

For a little while there I was lacking motivation due to the constant headache Iā€™ve been dealing with from my aunts trying to force my grandmother into a nursing home. Really had me down because I felt like it was a losing battle with them. But with the micro dosing lately and a few of the larger doses, I have clarity now, found some answers to some struggles I was dealing with, and overall just feel a thousand times better. Andā€¦ Nan is still home! Straight up told the vultures that they werenā€™t doing shit and certainly not taking everything she has out from under her without a fight.

6 Likes

Sorry to hear about family issues those are always the worst since you canā€™t choose your family so you are stuck. Iā€™m very glad you are doing better and I have to say I e seen microdosing work wonders for peopleā€™s mental state. Itā€™s carried me out of depression, my girl through bipolar, and other personal stories Iā€™ve heard first hand from people. Iā€™m glad they are starting to do more research into the uses of this fungi. Agar is fun and I said the same thing why did I wait so long. It seemed so intimidating until you start then I saw how easy it really is. Way to go.

5 Likes

Yeah I kept putting it off and putting it off because I kept thinking that I would just lose everything and it would be a waste of time, and I see how it is/was intimidating at first, until you do it. Absolutely love it!

Plusā€¦ all the transfers Iā€™ve done really grow pretty fast so itā€™s entertaining in a way to have something to watch Daily as Iā€™m waiting on these shoe boxes to fruit

Like with Spore prints, was so nervous to make syringes just because of spores being inherently dirty, but being able to do agar makes it all a breeze

2 Likes

Wait until you see how much faster grains colonize also can make guaranteed clean liquid cultures.

3 Likes

10 Likes

looking grand @ColeLennon :raised_hands:

As much a I try I dont get anything other than spores that come in an syringeā€¦
For a total noob such as I, what would be the best way to try to make my ownā€¦own anything I suppose, for example, once I collect spores on to foilā€¦then what? lol - sounds funny when I ask, but I truly dont get what is going on with Agar, and jars of liquid - but I certainly want to play

Any pointers as to "oneā€™ approach I can try for making my own usable spores, then once they are made - how to use them :pray:

oh, whilst I am here - I took a snap of my bag colonising with the Cambodia - this is has been faster than the GT I did lat run. Once again a totally sealed bag that stays sealed until the first flush

Going to work very hard on being patient - at least another 10 days before fruiting - I want to wait until the block is a real block then go

6 Likes

Iā€™ve never even collected spores. lol Iā€™m new also. I seem to have my monotub dialed in thatā€™s about it lol.

3 Likes

your monotub ius on a mission. love it :partying_face:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve collected "Creeper " & ā€œBlue Meanieā€ spores. My first ones. Iā€™m very newā€¦

4 Likes

When I get home ill hook you up with some links and info. Making prints and syringes is so easy.

Thatā€™s basically it Iā€™ll still find links for you. Most questions can be answered at shroomery.org that is where I learned and where most the links will come from itā€™s like the overgrow of shrooms.

5 Likes