Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

Creeper flush 3 is underway.

13 Likes

If there is lots of little undeveloped pins I leave them to grow out more. Blobs or mutants are fine there is some people who look for mutanted mushies to clone for idk novelty grow I guess. Great harvest very good! Also another trick is dry to mush with coir on then put in a big ziplock like 2+ gal and shake like hell. The coir will fall off and no loss of fruit. Some off those could have grown more. That is personal choice though but you can let them go until they open more or partial harvest. Great job enjoy the fruits of your labor.lol :fire::+1:

3 Likes

Thank you! I was going to let them go a bit more, but I’m fairly busy this/the rest of the week and was completely free that day. So I just did it while I had the time. I kept the little guys n blobs, just didn’t weigh them… they ended up becoming snacks while I was harvesting :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

That’s always a great way to dispose of blobs. :exploding_head:. The trick to get coir off works nicely. That is exclusively the way I decoir my fruit.

I don’t know how well you can see the jars but they all have bacterial contam. You can tell by the creamy mycelium instead of ropey. Also the grains that appear wet against the side of the jar another clue. Last clue is the amount of moisture in the jar above the grain. I’m still gonna flush these out as normal. I believe I’ll still pull 2 flushes real flushes out of each jar. Not great but not a loss.

9 Likes

This is something that I have to get into.

7 Likes

Let me know and I’ll hook you up with some spores to get started with friend.

5 Likes

They are fun.
To study… lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::mushroom:

6 Likes

I’m enjoying the quick fruiting of it. Keeps me sane during the winter months until I can start my outdoor. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

4 Likes

thumbnail_20230302_092534
thumbnail_20230302_092629

16 Likes

Looking good @ColeLennon

3 Likes

Thanks. I just got my gear for filling capsules. Going to fill some with Texas Yellow caps; john allen and creepers once they’re completely dry. I’m thinking about doing some of the John Allen ground up and mixed into a really nice jar of honey. Someone told me to do that on OG can’t remember. That way you can micro dose by just taking a small spoonful if you feel it, then just back off on the amount in the spoon.

6 Likes

You’re tellin me! I’ve been following for a while and still haven’t taken the leap. This bunch is wild. Lol.

:crazy_face:

3 Likes

I find that size 0 capsules hold around 0.25g of ground mushroom powder, on average. That makes for very easy dosage and storage, and discrete transportation. 1 cap is enough for a day-brightening minidose or, if split between two people in a smoothie, a just barely perceptible microdose.

I grind mine by hand with a $30 edge/counter mounted grain mill like this:

:rainbow: :peace_symbol:
:mushroom:

9 Likes

Hi folks, I wanted to share this database with people maybe you all are familiar already but I just came across it and it’s very comprehensive!

5 Likes

Cheers man, that looks interesting :+1:

3 Likes

That sounds the perfect size for me and the misses, I use my coffee grinder to break mine up, the first batch of coffee grinds after doing the shrooms is always interesting and a bit like playing Russian roulette lol.

4 Likes

So I am trying another brand of grain bags and dung substrate. midwest organics.
Lower cost.
I knocked up 2- 2.2 lb grain bags with 3CC of florida white f+ each bag
My 3 lb grain bag I knocked up with 7CC of penis envy 6 is not looking like it is going anywhere. The 3 CC I put in a liquid culture jar is not moving either.
I’m going to leave them alone and see if they ever move.

2 Likes

Are your sterlizing your own grains or buying them sterelized?

Got some agar pics. So the best way to photograph petri dishes is to set them in a light source or back light them. I didn’t because my phone camera sucks so it doesn’t make a difference. Here’s some bad pics 3 are spores germinating from a swab streak 1 is an agar transfer and the other is a piece of colonized grain that I dropped on. They need to get cleaned up but 2 transfers or so and they will be E.R. clean

4 Likes

I’m buying them sterilized.

1 Like

I never had much success putting spores straight into grain bags. Once you have mycelium in a liquid culture its much hardier and Ive never had a problem using that to inoculate a grain bag.

2 Likes