Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

Also working with agar you will be able to clean up dirty spores. That way your are in total control. Spore syringes you by from vendors can even be dirty. So agar can save you $$ and spores.

3 Likes

Yeah I did use an instapot and can confirm it does work too even though it only makes out at 12psi, but I do keep it in longer than a pressure cooker.

4 Likes

I’ve used instapot with success brf cakes. I haven’t used for grains but know people who have :+1::+1:. Biggest downside is the space limitations. Venting is very important with instapot.

3 Likes

Just had another flush, this guy stood out.

18 Likes

Nice and bruising already. What variety is that by the way?

2 Likes

Golden Teacher, building up a supply while I’m doing agar work with other varieties. I have White tail feather, Natalensis, and Hillbilly all on their 4 or 5th transfers. And I just got around to putting Starry Night [an APE iso] on agar today. As well as True Albino Teacher.
The S.Nights are what I’m really excited about. They’re beautiful looking. Almost like little black/greenish UFOs with white spots. This is not my picture, just putting it up for reference

I have a couple of those melmac swabs on their way as well. She said she was going to drop them off to me this weekend or I’ll just go to her. l let you know as soon as they are in my possession so I can get them headed your way @420noob

13 Likes

The substrate turned out fine. But now how do I know if what I’m looking at is mold or mycelium.
I shredded my brf cake into a coco, verm, and gypsum substrate layer then topped with a casing layer. Well there are some white growths that look kinda fuzzy. I’ll try to get some pics but no promises

3 Likes

Those are really cool looking!!! :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

2 Likes

I just got a qt of millet started of Starry Night. I had the LC syringe I made siting in the fridge for a few months, hope to see it take off.

5 Likes

Awesome thanks! Ya I got a starry night swab as well just haven’t gotten to it yet.

Also @bobgrows gifted me a capsule filler to try. Amazing works great she has made a slight adjustment so now is better. I can load 30 capsules in the time it takes to pack 6 so big time saver. I’ll throw some pics out later but :+1::+1: great helper to premake a bunch of measured doses.

5 Likes

A few more fruits that were just picked to dry

Could have went a little longer with them but there’s a bigger Bunch that are going to be ready soon so I just want to get these dried and out of the way

14 Likes

CL do you have the link to the led light you use?

2 Likes

Here you go. 6000K

3 Likes

Thanks Cole.

3 Likes

No prob, these two leds have been working like a champ.

4 Likes

First creeper of 4th flush is getting big and seems to have split into two stems I think. It’s a Freak. :rofl:

15 Likes

Alright this is definitely my next hobby. :+1:
I want in!

8 Likes

You should it’s a blast.

3 Likes

It is fun and interesting. For studying purposes of course…
:grin::mushroom::v:

6 Likes

Oh yes remember for microscopy use only. For mycology and science and what not. Seriously spore vendors write for microscopy use only on them.lmao
@gonzo if you are serious dm me I have a couple spores to get you started growmie.

Also another shroomies thread Kush’s mushroom madness

6 Likes