Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

Yes!! I suggest everybody who is contemplating it, just try it lol. It’s really fun!
Ok so the “bigger bunch” started to break veils tonight, and my other tub is filling pretty nicely.
So since everything is moving so fast, I got these other guys drying now, cuz the “bigger bigger bunch” is coming in faster than expected lmao.

14 Likes

I wish science class was more like this.

8 Likes

Right??
It is an interesting hobby.
Just ordered some gourmet ones to grow.
Reishi, turkey tail going to try some of these, too.

6 Likes

Like I said before this hobby is fun then you notice certain things start to click! Like flushes bigger agar looks better you kniw when to spray cones without thinking about it.?
Looking like its clicking for you! Nice work

6 Likes

Thank you! I really appreciate the kind compliment.
Im really excited about the other varieties in the works.
Although deep down, I really have a thing for the golden teachers. Consumed many varieties during my teens-mid 20s, but the GTs were always special to me. So really getting these dialed in has been an enlightening journey on its own lol.

7 Likes

they look amazing - nice

4 Likes

Busy morning, got the “bigger bigger bunch” drying, waiting on the few stragglers to break veils. I should’ve gotten a picture, but the one mushies cap inverted by really pulling its edges up high, f’in awesome lol.

Definitely looks like a pancake. Which makes me hungry…I have some stuff to do today so tripping balls by 10am isnt going to work out lmao. Certainly tempting tho…almost like its calling me…

Eh fuggit…see ya on the other side!

Peace, love, and light to you all :heart:

Dislclaimer: only 3grams of mushrooms were harmed during the making of this post :upside_down_face:

12 Likes

9 Likes

Taking my very first spore print. Creeper.

12 Likes

This is the way!

Lol nice fruits!

4 Likes

Not that I have much time but I’m with you here

4 Likes

Nice! Remember to let the print dry before folding it. Looking good.

6 Likes

More Melmac after a good dunk. Over to the top right is some Jedi Mind Fuck I’m also very excited about. Haven’t been brave enough to test drive the big one I posted previously, but I did sample a smaller fruit and the potency was much higher than size would suggest. Working on ways to get some on agar to share if people are interested.

15 Likes

Those look bitchin…

3 Likes

Do you make prints?
I’ve done Blue Meanies and Creeper prints.
Then put to agar and are clean.

4 Likes

First time with the “all in one” bags. I’m usually a monotub guy. But I feel like maybe I can dunk and move into a bulk substrate for a monotub run? I like this but I want to compare to my baseline. Anyone think they’ll have enough chi left in them to pull that off? At the end I’ll have a huge hunk of mycelium and I don’t want to waste it.

3 Likes

Yep you can do that no problem! I’ve not done it but it does work I e seen done many times. Those albino melmac take swabs of them since you can’t print them they dont drop many spores. Go to shroomery org and search sterilizing swabs, taking swabs and since you are running brf cakes or of Tek search water tub Tek as a fruiting chamber for those cakes.

The jmf you can take prints of though so you never lose that strain.

3 Likes

No, I haven’t really messed w prints much. I will in the future, but I understand you have to really get in there with a q-tip with these guys. Luckily I squirted some on agar before I went into the bags, so that’s my plan for keeping it for the future. I made a Still Air Box from an Etsy kit recently, so I would probably transfer into agar cups in order to make enough that sending, and potentially re-sending stuff wouldn’t break the bank.

2 Likes

Yeah ill do some research I would gladly share the JMF prints if j can pull that off.

2 Likes

It’s pretty simple put caps that veils broke on foil and cover once spores drop give a week or so to dry. Oh ya do in still air box. Swabs are way different than prints but both are very simple. Most pe varities, includes melmac, don’t produce enough spores to collect from a spore drop on foil. A sterile swab doesn’t take much the more you rub it in the gills the dirtier the swab. You only need 2 spores to germinate to start mycelium growth. So if you can see color usually purple/dark blue you have more than enough spores to swab 10 agar plates so don’t have to work hard. Swabbing hard will make your job harder to clean up. The best all round collection of new and old data is shroomery.org. serioulsy I’m 100% self taught and 95% of my no experienced knowledge comes from that site or it’s members. Like Roger rabbit.

8 Likes