Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

Very cool, I see some Leucies in that first pic, never had that mutation yet!

3 Likes

do you or @420noob know a good place to get genetics from? I tried shaman spores but wasnā€™t impressed and Iā€™m running some lc I got from a local grow shop but theyā€™re not going to restock after they sell what they got. yall seem to really know your shit

2 Likes

Yes he is a sponsor on here Iā€™ve been using him for 5 years. @mushroommanmycology lots of freebies very clean spores and if you put 420noob in comments youā€™ll get another free spore syringe.

9 Likes

Remember when you talk to him in email or on his site donā€™t not mention growing psylisibe mushrooms only gourmet. Any mention of growing and he wonā€™t be able to sell to you.

4 Likes

thanks. of course thatā€™d be illegal. I only study themā€¦

4 Likes

Mycology purposes only! They are super cool under a microscope! @joecrowe or @LD50 do you have any magnified spore images of your own?

Anyways my condiment agar dishes just got their new lids and the last of the condensation should be gone tomorrow! :crossed_fingers:

9 Likes

not really, although Iā€™d love a microscope so I could check them out. i got some jedi mind fuck and PE spores goin and some hillbilly and trinity lc, its my 3rd run, or 6th-10th technically. Iā€™m still pretty new, are other magic mush much harder to grow than p. cubes? as long as I keep clean p. cubes have had only a few ā€œlearning curvesā€

2 Likes

A burning question i had no idea was burning, back there in my mind. Id love to see some crazy sporeography from those two image wizards :microscope::mage:ā€ā™‚

2 Likes

P cubes are about the easiest hallucinogenic mushrooms to grow. Natalensis are pretty easy and very very similar to cube. PE or melmac varieties are usually a bit harder than other cubes. There is always learning curves. If you arenā€™t making mistakes you arenā€™t learning til you do. Agar work will make growing mushrooms 10fold easier and thatā€™s low ball.

3 Likes

I was really happy with several fun choices I got from TheMushieUnderground.net

3 Likes

Check out ā€œSpore Swapsā€. They have hundreds of vendors and thousands of strains. A word of caution to new growers- in my state spores are legal but live mycellium is a felony. It is a good idea to check your local laws first. It only takes a few minutes of research and may save you a few years. :wink:

7 Likes

Not yet! Iā€™m interested and a little apprehensive to explore that world!

3 Likes

Mycelium is interesting I donā€™t have any spore photos, though. Iā€™ve looked at them under the microscope, but I never snapped a photo. Unless you count non-mushroom fungal spore. The mushroom themselves are made from fibers of different colors. Iā€™ll get some photos of spores if I remember!

4 Likes

I was looking to do this with Liberty Caps - to grow in a northern forest environment

Anyone know where I can get syringe / spore sprints ?

thx

3 Likes

I can provide spores! @LD50

2 Likes

heh heh I love to grow me some edible mushrooms, the last batch was elm oyster. Iā€™m not down with the hallucinogenic ones though. Iā€™m psychonautical without them!

3 Likes

Try ā€œ Inoculate the Worldā€. I think liberty caps grow on thatch from dead grass.

3 Likes

Liberty caps are incredibly hard to grow inside donā€™t think itā€™s been done.

2 Likes

I think Paul Stamets did it once. He used sterilized horse manure. He got about 3 shrooms. But yes, they are Very difficult to domesticate.

1 Like

Northern forest environment would do better with Ps. Azurescens, Ps. Cyanescens, Ps. Ovoidiocystidiata, or Ps. Subaeruginosa which all grow on decomposing wood or forest duff.

6 Likes