Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

Love to see it guys!!

Can’t wait to support more Overgrow members as they start their spore libraries :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do you sell liberty cap spores ?

1 Like

Hey has a website and a sponsor page on this forum. His library changes as different things come and go. Also if you add 420noob to your comment when ordering you get a few Xtra free spores syringe on top of the many you get. Here’s link to his sponsor page.

6 Likes

Wow that’s one heck of a selection! I just cruised through the swabs available, and that’s nuts, it’s like…one of everything, lol.

3 Likes

Dude is solid af! Usually just him doing his thing and running business has a buddy and partner that help occasionally. So very low key grass roots. Dude helpful with order issues and just rocks. Don’t forget mention 420noob in comments and you get a free syringe.
The pinning 3lb block of gourmet would be amazing if I could stand to eat mushrooms.lol

3 Likes

I try really hard to keep a wide selection at competitive pricing while maintaining quality. I have a few spore providers I have worked with for years now and they have been solid AF.

Its a lot easier for me to keep more swabs around than spore syringes, so I have a lot of varieties there.

Bluey Vuitton spore swabs coming later this week! A variety that comes from Panama X Melmac PE, worth googling and then ordering once they are in.

:mushroom:

4 Likes

:muscle: :muscle: :muscle:

I appreciate you my friend! I’d love to see some people use the discount code for 15% off and the freebie plus use your referral code… :exploding_head:

Mush love <3

4 Likes

Yes don’t forget to put overgrow in your order details as well. @mushroommanmycology has a link for info. I’ve dealt with MMM tor a few years now and nothing but 5 start experiences.

@low_and_slow

Also mushroom noobs this is where you see a big difference between availability of spores when using agar. Spore swabs keep longer, take up less space and can still be used for multiple inoculations. Spore syringe is convenient and great for beginners but don’t use as a crutch to not use agar. A person severely restricts themselves by not working with agar. It’s fast, easy and cheap! Even if you screw up the materials needed cost is minimal.

13 Likes

![20240110_232633|231x500]
(upload://mwGjqa5Pk0rTTp9C4ZAvHVwYe0Y.jpeg)
DIY fog machine.

8 Likes

Went ahead with pink oyster grain spawn that I purchased from a local mushroom farmer and went with two buckets instead of 4 and used double what I have normally been putting per bucket. Told him that I was told it was contaminated but he said they weren’t and guaranteed that if they don’t fruit he would give me 15 pounds of his pink oyster harvest so I had nothing to lose. So far both buckets seem to be doing just fine but we shall see. Mushroom guy said they would be pinning within a week or two so I’ll update if and when that happens, seems to be performing the same as my other buckets have so far.

6 Likes

Just ordered some dishes and agar to take clones of pink oyster. Grabbed a flow hood and a still air box. I’ll see what happens

2 Likes

I wish I could afford A real flow hood

20240112_074428|641x500

6 Likes

I wish I was smart enough to make my own lol

6 Likes

It’s o k it’s okay has a very small laminar flow field. Literally like a six inch by six inch Cube Centered in front of the filter.

5 Likes

Looks fine to me. :+1:

3 Likes

I use a home made “ still air “ box. Some times I get contaminated but I always make multiples of everything. :mushroom:

4 Likes

Ran across this technique somewhere online. Works pretty well.
Also made me say why didn’t I think about that👨‍🔬

7 Likes

So cold i’m going to do some pressure cooking keep the house nice and toasty🍄

5 Likes

Nice I just grabbed one for thirty bucks Canadian on sale to stack buckets in. I’ll only be growing different oysters and some lions mane. Restaurant I was Chef do cuisine at said they would take all my harvests from me and I may be able to grow a little more, selling a small amount now but would love to grow. Had to pivot from selling weed because it’s not worth it anymore for me to grow the sales large scale, too risky now that we’re legal which is ironic lol. Too many headaches and chasing people for money as well. At least with mushrooms I can register a business. It’s all about adaptation. Any way this fruiting chamber will be first of many.

8 Likes

Nice Do you grow lions maine in five gallon buckets?

2 Likes