Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

@ColeLennon how many shoe boxes can you do with the 5 pound boomer bag? when reading thru this thread i noticed you had really good flushes using that for substrate.
i am just getting started on a personal grow and thought might try that boomer bag for a first grow as north spore is local here. :mushroom: :wink:

2 Likes

@ColeLennon has been MIA for about 4 months.

3 Likes

You can always go as high as 50/50 but If its a full 5# you can get up to 6 shoe boxes.

Here is the link for those Pizza gummies posted above 1/8 =1 slice 8 in a pie…

3 Likes

much thanks for the reply. helps a lot with planning.

Second flush coming in.

9 Likes

I never got into mushrooms, but I one day plant to do actually Portobello’s. This is the Shroom-O-Matic I had fun creating, If you are in the USA, and you want one, I will mail you one. Uses USB-C to power it. When you turn the switch on it goe into fruiting mode. I will give you one for free, just reimburse me shipping after you gtit. :slight_smile:

/retnel

14 Likes

Cool! Is it like a little mono tub? I would have totally taken you up on that but im in canada.

2 Likes

Do you or anyone you know have fdm and resin printers? I can give you the stls files, arduino code, and links to all components. My own design. Only one catch. If you start selling them, I want half. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Brilliant! Have you tried it out?

1 Like

That’s interesting how does it work, are there fans in the mushrooms and is that a temperature or humidity monitor?

3 Likes

Please explain how it works. Does it just create fae to promote fruiting?

Also if anyone want just to play around and get an idea about growing mushrooms. Walmart has ready to go gourmet(no psychoactive) mushrooms that come in a box ready to go. I’ve seen lion’s mane, resheki, and oysters. Just a fyi for anyone who wants to see if it’s for them.

5 Likes

@Shadey @globalhead @420noob

I did, but not to grow anything yet. It does the lights 12 on and 12 off if I remember correctly. The switch enables the fans to come on a few times a day to triggered fruiting. I learned a few things from watching https://boomershroomer.com/.

when you first start to sterilize and get ready for a mushroom cultivation you cut small square plastic shopping bag squares that you put in the 8x mushroom vents, then fill them with polyfill and install the mushroom caps.

when you get ready to fruit, you remove the plastics squares and reinsert the polyfill and turn on the switch.

It is a dumb electronics setup as I did not think it was necessary for a real time clock to keep real time. So t remembers when you plugged it in, and when you stitched to fruiting. So everything is timer controlled based upon when you start using it. It mimics exactly how boomershroomer says to do it with her monotub, and I have emailed her and shared pictures and information with her. She sells her own monotub, so she was not interested in the idea. I am sure she has a bunch of money invested in her design and has a health stock of them, so it was nothing her best interest to do so.

Designing the mushrooms were really fun.

I just do not have time to test it out yet, so if anyone is experienced in mushroom cultivation, i would be happy to send them the extra one I have for free, just shipping reimbursed.

/retnel

6 Likes

Nice man that sounds pretty sweet! Unfortunately I grow shoeboxes biggest bootboxes otherwise I’d jump in and offer to help and give opinion. There is some good growers one here that might be able to use a tub for “science purposes” lol. Good luck man.

3 Likes

Pinks coning in jicely. Harvest the top one a couple days

10 Likes

i am about ready to get this shroom study going. got my spores, agar, spawn, substrate,and shoe boxes.
i am going to start out with three of the following seven. from your experience which would you choose from the selection below based on effect.

1. B+
    1. Cambodian Gold
    1. F+
    1. Golden Teacher
    1. Mazatapec
    1. Penis Envy #6
    1. Z Strain

0 voters

thanks for your help / votes.

my first poll. not sure why it says choose up to 7. please select only three choices out of the seven listed.

5 Likes

Got a question for all yall with more experience than me, I started 2 grain bags with spores a few months ago and they’re producing gas, can contam produce gas as well or do I have some colonization goin on I can’t see? Its been colder than I’d like and I know that slows um down. The spore syringes were about a year old refrigerated

2 Likes

Is it making excess moisture? Contams have a tendency to greatly increase Rh so will see a lot of moisture. Yes the create lots of CO2 that’s why fresh air exchange is important.
@mainerJ the penis envy aren’t a good beginning grower strain I think the Columbian gold are a bit harder as well. The golden teacher, b+, matz, and f+(if that is what I think it is) also z strain are easier. The are just your basic cubes and all grow about the same. Penis envy probably the strongest but really have to grow and try. A cube is a cube.lol

5 Likes

does PE6 grow the same as normal PE? isn’t it an early version or something? I’ve read pe6 isn’t as potent

2 Likes

I’ve only done 5 runs and pe was the hardest, b+ got me the biggest best looking mush, and golden teacher gave me the most/biggest flush out of those of ur list. good luck! its a LOT of fun, the actual mushrooms can grow real fast, fun to watch

4 Likes

thanks for the input. i am sure i will have more questions as i progress into this. reading thru this thread i know you have been very helpful to new students to this study.

3 Likes