Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

Just opened an account. The Moby Dick sounds totally idiot proof. Even an old stoned hippie could do it! Do they have to grow in a consistent temperature or can i grow them in my shed? Thanks for that my friend! Can you recommend anything else from them?

:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Consistent as they usually grow underground at a very stable temperature. I find the perfect place is ontop of my grow box.

1 Like

Keep them outta that Texas shed if it’s gonna be higher than 82f lol

Honestly with those… Put them somewhere inside, indirect light, away from people and children and follow the misting/fanning instructions and you’ll be set

Got an Pearl Oyster block fruiting right now, should be awesome in about a week

7 Likes

Thanks @toastyjakes and @legalcanada. I can put them in the new Love Shack while it’s empty. I been missin’ you toasty. You still have the Growfice rockin? Still like the light? You be safe be well and stay home bro…blessings

2 Likes

It could be 82 in the Shitkicker Shed any day of the year! One Love…

2 Likes

Hello to all of you :slightly_smiling_face:

Here is my outdoor project. Cubensis-Mexican from spore print
I had something similar last years with great succes
3L wheat spawn
15L substrat (hpoo, coir, verm, gypsum)
Poting soil and verm for casing

First g2g attempt. So far so good :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Here it is a week later, very impressive

12 Likes

Very tasty looking! Job well done mate.

3 Likes

the magic has begun …

Edit two days later
It’s cold thease days and growth is not so rapid. But, it will be good harvest anyway

8 Likes

sorry i’ve never personally grown mushrooms or ordered any kits, i’ve always preferred LSD to mushrooms, but i’ve been tempted to order a kit myself so i’ll be very interested to watch if you do

2 Likes

Things are getting serious. This is first flush and i think that i will get enough for few years

Edit:

14 Likes

Very nice @Pannonian. What kind of container is that in?
Blessings…:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Let’s see that killer pinset as the canopy it is today @Pannonian!!

3 Likes

Thank you
@oleskool830
It is a 65L wood container. Nothing special. It has 5 inch holes in the bottom and 4 large ones on the sides, I closed the holes on the sides, put 2 inch gravel for drainage and a thin layer of cardboard with holes. Then the substrate
@toastyjakes
For now, there is nothing interesting. I actually have some problems and can’t figure out what it’s all about. Maybe one of you can tell what it’s problem. I got a great harvest in the first flush. Too much … Tray was overcrowded, and the mushrooms deformed, some connected and became one body. The pain in the ass was gathering them and it was impossible to do it properly. And under the ripe mushrooms there were already new little ones and a lot more pins. But they matured before they get full size. Hundreds of them. It was even more problematic to pick them. And I don’t need them. I allready have enough… So I took the fork and slowly removed them along with the casing layer and soaked the substrate. I’m not sure if I should do it, but I’ll know better for next time. It is probably the water content. Too wet to stop forming pins and shrooms and too dry to develop normally. Next time I will try to dunk before the first fruiting

2 Likes

@Kraven Forgive me in I’m posting in the wrong place but does anyone know this shroom ?

9 Likes

That would be a common inky cap, coprinopsis… grows up to melt black all over everything

7 Likes

Right on thank you for the info man

4 Likes

New game :slightly_smiling_face:

Spawned on same day, in same ratios.
This time i drilled some holes on substrate level. I did that when first signs of fruiting appeared on Mexican. On B+ I did not drill anything, because mushrooms started before any signes of mycelium on surface
Mexican

B+

Just to add, I’m not a very heavy mushroom user, nor do I have any other interest other than the cultivation itself. I have no idea what I would do with that amount of mushrooms. No one knows what I’m doing. In fact, no one uses them around me.
I can’t wait for autumn to start with cannabis

Edit

11 Likes

Anyone use the Uncle Ben’s tek? I just saw that today. It has an entire subreddit devoted to it. Look up uncle bens. The pre-cooked microwave bags. It blew my mind. I apologize if this has been mentioned before!

4 Likes

Microdosing has become very popular. You don’t trip. It is supposed to be very useful for anxiety and stress.

2 Likes