Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

My first try was a total failure. Failure to launch you might say. I’m currently involved in fucking up my second batch.

:cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

i failed, cakes dont fruiting.
Next try with cubensis.
I have hight temperature in my room 32 - 34c.

3 Likes

I hope is this right spot to post these pictures I found out on a walk today.

13 Likes

Curious to the type of mushrooms they are thanks for any information

2 Likes

I failed too brother. My room was hot also 80-85F
Better luck next time.
Blessings…
:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Are those black spot supposed to be there?
Looks like Contam to me.

2 Likes

The top one is, I believe, a bleeding tooth mushroom.
I only know it from pics. It doesnt grow near me.

5 Likes

Awesome thanks man for the reply.

2 Likes

yes, it is cantam. i don’t use that bottle, just share my alternative method.

that is cubensis, two more days and he will be ready

4 Likes

Threw a few alfalfa pellets into a grain jar for science. Also PC’d a few hours too long. Don’t fall asleep PC’ing.

7 Likes

The first time I PC to sterilize for some reason I had it in my head that it was 30min like the Agar.
When my wife jokingly asked me how long she’d have to listen to that shit, as soon as did a half hour I knew I messed up.
An hour and fifteen minutes later it stopped hissing.
I shut her down and waited till the morning filled it up with water enough to last for the two hours.
Thought that I overcook it bit it seems to be getting along nicely with the scrapings from my grow at home Oyster box.

2 Likes

Where did you get that translucent tent, did it come with the shelves?

2 Likes

Idk if he’s around much anymore. The tent is a mini greenhouse you can buy off amazon or eBay. They’re called Martha’s if you wanna google it. Usually it’s a humidifier piped into the tent and a fan blowing air around.

Hope that helps some!

6 Likes

Yeah, was rereading the thread & seen that name thrown out there with some people showing their DIY.
I wouldn’t mind making one myself (Probably, cheaper that way.), just don’t want tape seams.
Need to settle on a shelving system that won’t degrade, make a template, and use an Iron & Wax paper to seal it.
But, that might take me a few months to get all the supplies.
I work with what I got. But, if I have a little extra scratch and I can grab an article I’ll get it (Or a component to make it myself.).
Still in my training phase.
Which, I guess the
Newbie way starting with Oyster Mushies.

3 Likes

I used some scrapping’s from my Oyster box that my wife surprised me with a few months back.
I was gonna do it to Agar (Even made my first batch of Agar. Haven’t used it, just observing it to see how long till contam.).
Went, straight to Popcorn (Figured my Popcorn Sutton Limited Edition Jar seemed fitting for the grain.).
Got one week into colonizing the Jar:

And the mother is fruiting nice at 6 1/2 days (Had to Soak it after I scraped it.).:

8 Likes

I have a few agar plates of oysters and pink oysters I will gladly send out when the weather breaks if interested

Edit: I’ll keep them going and when time is right I’ll transfer to new plates to send. Obviously didn’t mean I’ll send these same plates in 2 months lol

4 Likes

I still have two boxes I need to fruit one of these days lol

Went through a little oyster phase but hate growing the spawn myself

3 Likes

Most definitely will DM if you’d like.
Just started to learn would love to be able to get my hands on more specimens to study, grow and learn to archive.
Was thinking I’d just be stuck cloning grocery store stock.

2 Likes

Have you looked into the Cardboard Spawning?
I figured one way to archive would be to cardboard spawn with a library of seals shoeboxes.

2 Likes

I also heard that there was a type of Oysters that was good at cleaning toxins from soil just like Cannabis.
I think it might of been a certain one but it could of very well have just been the Oysters species in particular.
IDK, been busy going back over all my old PDF’s and checking out the newest TEK that’s exploded on the scene as of late (With the Corona everyones trying to learn how to be more self sufficient.)
Home Mycology on YouTube does all types of experiments and gets amazing results.

2 Likes