Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

And been a Seafood lover Iā€™d like to try lions main (Heard it also has some health benefits.).
Just not sure about how to get some.
Like if itā€™s available at the store & do a clone or spore/culture.
One of the many thing that Iā€™m trying to cram into my dyslexic mind.

3 Likes

Take a look at themycelliumemporium.com has a bunch of liquid culture for $15 a piece.

They also have a monthly subscription that seemed neat. Iā€™d like to grow the lions mane, reishi, and cordyceps. Iā€™ve heard all those are good for brain and body!

3 Likes

5 Likes

Hi folks. I have mistakenly mixed up syringes. I know one is Mazatepec and one is Mexicana and they are in fruiting stage at the moment. Unfortunately I have no picture reference to know what they are suppose to look like. Iā€™m uncertain about the caps on these. Are they meant to look like this or is it a contamination? First timer on the myco so excuse the dumbness of the questions. thanks.

9 Likes

They look great, totally normal no contam I can see. Full speed ahead! :mushroom: Make sure to let them fully develop before harvesting, and then hope for 3 or 4 good flushes after the first.

As for which variety is which, youā€™ll have to let them get to maturity and then compare pics with what your spore syringe vendor has on their website. Perhaps compare spore prints as well to get a positive ID.

So far so good tho! :heart_eyes_cat:

6 Likes

Thanks nube. Following instructions and hoping for the best!

4 Likes

There are wide-mouth mason jars available without the tapered sides, so that once the mycelium has eaten and shrunk the substrate it slides out. So look for wide mouth mason jars.

3 Likes

It appears I just responded in the wrong part of the thread by roughly 2 years. Sorry.

3 Likes

As per ā€œstrainsā€ and I use that loosely as a cubensis is a cubensis is a cubensis except when itā€™s PE (penis envy). Names are based on which specific region in which most cubensis are foundā€¦

Nowā€¦ As per your pics . .

They are looking good but getting what we call ā€œfuzzy feetā€ meaning the Co2 is a bit highā€¦ But add an extra fanning or two and that will quickly remedy the problemā€¦ Remember that mushrooms arenā€™t phototropic, they grow towards fresh air (Oxygen) not light ā€¦ High Co2 will cause longer stems and smaller capsā€¦ Also, remember that psilocybin and psilocin are present in equal numbers in all the mushroom tissue (caps and stems) so your stemmy fruits will be just as good as your regular looking fruitsā€¦

Looking good thoughā€¦ 3 days and theyā€™ll be crazy lookin

12 Likes

Awesome PNW?

A awesome dude dropped a couple jars of innoculated grain off. I havent messed around in years so im just gettin my bearings back. Hey there my main man.:wink:

Ill just rip a piece of colonized coco off in another batch. I used to used brown rice n vercumulite. Its much easier this way. Im working a cake u der my shroom tree.

Hopefully they take. After any storm shrooms flood my yard so im gonna see if I can layer some cardboard and see if theyll hang around. Were getting tons of rain here.

I used to pick p. Weilii down in GA. Seems like ages since I was on Shroomery. They help me with my opiate addiction. They seem to separate the pain receptors from dtā€™s for some reason. I approve.:+1:t2::blush:

8 Likes

Thanks for input toasty. Is appreciated. Gonna go fan them a bit right now. :+1:

4 Likes

Close . Interior of Alaska

5 Likes

Nice. Be freezing soon? Looks like some thick bush. Nice.:+1:t2::blush:

4 Likes

Can you provide more detail on the cardboard layering?
Thanksā€¦

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Yeah itā€™s already that time of the year unfortunately. Seem like the summers are shorter and cooler for sure .

3 Likes

Wish it was the other way around here until it really snows one good year. Honestly ill say if global warming is real weve been frost free up until mid Nov. Literally cut grass until Thanksgiving.

In the mid atlantic thats a game changer but then again it could freeze in Oct but it hasnt in several years now. Im gonna go for it next year. I only out. Ill do 10 next year and a couple Sativa. Be safe up there. Those are some beautiful specimens. Im glad my gromie reached out to help me. I needed it.:+1:t2::blush:

5 Likes

Testing out 2 different monos. 1st pic spawned 06/08/20 second pic spawned 24/07/20

13 Likes

Looks great!:+1:t2::blush:

3 Likes

Thanks! The bottom tub is the second run of a strain I ran before but turned out to be a low yielder and I already had inoculated more jars of it. The top tub is another sample I had isolated on agar which was my second candidate. already proving well as i only spawned it yesterday! have more jars inoculating with more of the same iso

2 Likes

I was speaking with another psychonaught and I was explaining to him that I have a tree that wild mushrooms all types any type of mushroom will hook up under this tree for some reason maybe itā€™s the dirt it may be that the roots are rotting in the ground and theyā€™re so huge but I think the cardboard Iā€™m basically talking about layering in some of my used cakes because they contain spores so the idea is to keep the cardboard over top of the cakes until they hook up because we all know spores love wet cardboard/paper the tree is massive and creates great shade.

I think itā€™s the perfect balance of humidity temperature light and like I said this is just an experiment I have a feeling they are going to take though Iā€™ll take before and after pics to show you again they wet cardboard is pretty much to keep them from being cooked by the extreme temperatures of the day weā€™ve been getting a lot of rain though would have been nice if I was in Georgia to get some of those p Weilii. Jesus I nees to get a print from s.w.i.k. :grin::v:

3 Likes