Mutant Madness?

not that i’m aware of. seen a couple abc x freak crosses now and an f1 of a gpp x freak cross but i haven’t seen the f2s yet. as far as auto freaks go, i did see someone managed to do that on strainly, the f4s sold out pretty quick. haven’t checked on it since. i haven’t heard anything of autobastard for some time now too, unfortunately. lots of raving over that one.

do-yourself is definitely cheaper; i think we just need to find some crafty way to make a cheap frame which functions the same as one designed for those plugs. the foam inserts are generic it’s the plastic frame which has a lip on it so the foam rests on it. i’ve thought about improving the design to be bigger and more spread out, the problem is figuring a way for the foam inserts to work without squeezing the clones to death. haven’t got too far with it with other ideas, y’know :wink:

thank you! i hope you do share your plants here too that would be awesome to see. hopefully you find a male and female so you can do some real hunting in the f2s. that’s where all the fun plants will be found.

i want to encourage anyone who wants to post plants of mutants here, feel free to do so!! it would be real swell to see the progress we can come up with as a community.

6 Likes

Ok @crunkyeah . I am using an old iphone 4 and I shake bad and I am blind in one eye so these pictures suck. Anyway, these are abc x freakshow F2. There are 5 freakshow phenos.

And 3 abc phenos
Now 2 of these abc phenos have 3 branches at the node instead of 2 branches. I will get better pictures when they get bigger. :grin:

13 Likes

OK, you convinced me… Just picked up a 50 pack of inserts that come with the net pot :grin:. Hopefully they fit in nicely :crossed_fingers:. I have a couple old pumps around and 50’ of irrigation tubing, wish me luck, haha :grin::crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Freakshow reveg I’m kind of proud of.

I love these crazy curly earlier leaves, they flatten and spread later on, but these look like gnarled concentrated power

12 Likes

yesss… mutant love is growing… :star_struck:

@Magu - your pictures are lovely no worries! :wink: i really like the look of some of these!! some of them are clearly one way or the other (abc vs freak) but there’s a couple of them which look real blended to me. in the second photo you posted, the plant on the right clearly pushed out first leaves as freaks but the new growth looks like abc to me! it looks like you got past the most difficult stage of germination with the mutants so good job! can you recall if the f2 seed husks resembled freakshow seeds or abc seeds? that might be good to know for breeding!

@luxton - glad i could help you get started with cloning. i will say when i first started off i wanted the 70 site cloner but settled on the 35 site for size reasons. looking back at it… a 8-10 site would be manageable as well. if i had to do over i would go with a 5 gal bucket as a container. once a single clone has been rooted the production you will have will go up tremendously.

@breadwinner - lovely looking lady you have there! do you have any photos of her when she was budding? :slight_smile: looks like you’re on your way to round 2 whenever you decide she’s big enough!!! thank you for sharing

8 Likes

13 Likes

@breadwinner Beautiful, don’t you think so @crunkyeah ?
Just beautiful buddy

3 Likes

Can I joint the madness?

They are sleeping,so keep quiet :grin:
I m sure the girls won’t mind the android flash :grin:

12 Likes

Very Nice. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

These are going to look fuckin beautiful next to my tigers eye sumacs in summer.

Nature. you fuckin crazy!
marigold mocking mary J
Anyone have any banked pollen?

9 Likes

@breadwinner - certainly looks like you got a good pheno :grin: no wonder you’re happy her re-veg is going well. she shouldn’t lose anything on this next round either as far as potency and stuff goes. i found the freaks to be generally resilient when it comes to dealing with time.

@Andrexl - i agree breadwinner’s plant is beautiful! but yours aren’t far behind :wink: they look fantastic too. i’m glad you’ve joined the madness! i hope you were able to get your reversals going. if not let me know if you want more freaks. these must be quite stable so that’s awesome to see :star_struck:

@PsillyRabbit - your freak looks lovely too! i don’t have any banked pollen of a freak but soon i’ll flower some pine tar dooligah and feral jelly. if that’s an option you want, i’ll see what i can do! i may consider trying to send some snips within the states here if that’s desirable as well.

thanks for posting everything! would really love to see the mutant movement grow and flourish… in time :innocent:

9 Likes

I just finished making P.A.B. 2.0 F2s. I hope to do an open pollination outdoors when it warms up and will make F3s. I have high hopes. :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

How many guys on here breed ABC or freakshow strains ?

6 Likes

:raising_hand_man:

7 Likes

Mutants Are Awesome …

4 Likes

What is the most potent ABC or freakshow strains ? Im hopefully going to cross middlemans gg4 X ABC f3 with Tk dooligah.

5 Likes

Whats your favorite Mutant.

1 Like

My favorite thus far is PineTarBastard 2nd generation, but I’m kinda partial since it’s my creation. It’s a cross and backcross with PineTarKush. I haven’t grown any freaks yet, and hope to remedy that this summer.

5 Likes

Any picture of this PineTarBastard 2nd generation.

2 Likes

Big fan of the Pine Tar Bastard. I grew the 1st version and found 2 really nice females. 1 of them I used to create my current favourite mutant - Pine Tar Dooligah

3 Likes