LemonSourGlue - LSG F5 Outcross Journal

Hey guys, just wanted to share a little project I’ve been working on for the last several years. A few of the members on here are familiar with this project and have followed or spoken to me elsewhere for the last couple of years on and off as I have worked this line.

LSG or ‘Lemon Sour Glue’ is intended to be more of a reference to the parents used in the cross, rather than any very specific traits.

The P1 female used in the cross was a Sour Glue bagseed I found in a stash I got from a long time acquaintance.(At the time, only MedicalSeeds in Spain had that cultivar openly available) Out of 12 seeds - 6 did not germinate - 2 were runts and then another 2 showed intersex traits when stress tested and light leaked. This left me with 2 keepers who I then re-vegged and ran two more times without intersex traits. I then lost the P1 Sour Glue mother and I don’t want to talk about it (I crie evry tiem). However, not before making 2 separate sets of BC1F1 seeds using an LSG F1 male and then LSG F2 male.

The ‘Lemon’ male used to create the LSG F1 was from the same acquaintance who I acquired the Sour Glue from - This time it was something he called ‘Lemon’ which I first misheard as ‘Lemon G’ - it was just an outdoor grown Sativa that smelled heavy of Lemon Pine and Skunk in almost all of the progeny - with the exception of some recessive females that smelled like Mango Guava Cat Piss. Otherwise, all of the girls were maybe 16+ week flower cycles with plenty of stretch and nodes all the way up like a tower. The smoke had a Lemon Grass or Cat Piss Pine going on with a very clearheaded focus. Very sticky Lemon Pine resin all the way through flower, with very airy spindly buds that seemed to take forever. I ended up selecting and breeding with a very solid yielding Lemon male who proved to be drought and heat resistant. I often flower in 67%RH and 84F with week long droughts in coco/perl/verm.

While I took photos of most of these projects F1 - F5, my old PC crashed and all of my photos F1 - F3 are likely on a folder on that hard drive. I do have a few photos here and there that I was able to retrieve - but unfortunately I have a regular habit of deleting posts and social media accounts, as I strongly have a love hate relationship with them.

Currently I am in the process of revegging my F5 keeper and have plans to cross into it using a (GG4RIL x Sowah) male I hunted from TonyGreen’s collab with Karma (GG4RIL x Sowahh)

I also intend to cross into the following clone only cuts.

• Chem 91 SkunkVA
  • Chem D SkunkVA
  • Sour Diesel (Albany)
  • Motorbreath 15 Clone Only
  • Tahoe OG (Taos)

I plan to use this journal for all of my outcrossing work that I end up doing with my LSG F5 keeper.

Here are some pictures of LSG F4 - F5 for you guys to look at - (First Pic is F2)

36 Likes

Awesome looking :eyes: :clap::clap::clap:, would love to get some of them beans 🫘 for sure! :wink::upside_down_face::sunglasses::v:

3 Likes

very nice, i bet that taste good, looks like you got a good harvest, bud and seeds

2 Likes

Glad to see you here homie! Cant wait to see how it all comes out

1 Like

Hey man thanks for stopping by!

Very cool project.

2 Likes

Nice, looking Good

1 Like

Good Job, LemonSourGlue sounds Sticky Icky

2 Likes

I am here for the party. Looks great dood

1 Like

really nice looking plants, amazing job you’ve done.

regards,

1 Like

Thank you for joining :slight_smile:

Good luck with your project!

I’ll take a chair and look!

Happy growings!

1 Like

Realized I didn’t share this picture - here are some of the F1 - F5 seeds I have stored.

F2-F4 have a couple hundred - thousand seeds stored in larger bags from an open pollination.

and here is a flash shot of an F4 bud I forgot to share as well as the 80 F4 seeds from the second F4 hunt.

14 Likes

Hey guys, another little update here -

This is a cross between Strobi OG#2 S1 x LSG F2 RVSD.

This is my current side plant I am testing out after narrowing down from about 60 fems I popped. Had some mutants and a minor thrip problem developing after bringing some things in from outside (big mistake).

She doesn’t look to happy from all the aggression I’ve been giving her, but she should bounce back and be shaping up to be a nice little mother plant to cycle.

This cut is pungent Sharp Cheese Funk followed by Tropical Fruit and Pine notes. Pretty excited to see how she flowers and whether I should keep her around - her stem rub is more pungent than any of the elites I have in the room. She smells just like the Strobi OG#2 that I remember experiencing for the first time.

This is a picture of my Strobi OG#2 S1 cut that I was running a couple years ago. She was much more of a Sour Papaya forward with Pine notes, none of the Cheese funk in the original Strobi OG#2 cut that I tried.
u92xpadg6xs91

Anyway, that is all for now. I am hoping she keeps that soaring sativa high I am looking for with her, while maintaining that skunky Cheese funk like the original.

Edit: Forgot to mention the gene pool.

Strobi OG#2 = ((((Northshore Widow) x Vanilla Kush) x OG IBL) x Tropaya)

If I am not mistaken, I think the Northshore Widow is (White Widow x (Shoreline x NL)).

Strobi OG#2 was originally created and hunted by Strobiwankenobi on IG out of Colorado.
I ended up getting some S1 seeds through the grapevine by a friend of a friend. I later reached
out to him awhile back and asked for permission to breed the S1 forward. He gave me permission and explained he was mostly a grower and not a breeder and that it was on accident when he didn’t remove a Tropaya male in time, ultimately pollinating his run of ((Northshore Widow x Vanilla Kush) x OG IBL). I guess liking the seed mothers, he decided to hunt them out and that is when he found his Strobi OG#2 cut. (His pics on Insta show its solid bag appeal, but man if you could smell and taste it!)

I liked it enough to often request it when it wasn’t around. Outside of what I’ve grown, I only had the real thing maybe 3 separate times. I haven’t heard from him or those friends in a long time and at this point and I don’t even know if he still has the cut or any seeds of it, as it was never widely available to my knowledge.

This is my attempt ultimately to preserve it for my own collection after crossing into it with my LSG. Assuming this cut performs, I will hunt for a male in the reg seed stock. I have maybe 1000 reg seeds with 2 different P1 mothers from the first pop. One of them leaned much more Vanilla Kush and was shelved - If this current plant doesn’t work out, I will hunt it again in the future when I have room again.

14 Likes

Another quick little update.

Awhile ago I tried to germinate some of these old Sour Glue Bx1 seeds I made. Only maybe 3 years old at this point, but Improperly stored as well as put in the freezer and taken out again. I noticed the germ rates dropped off and I was getting 0/20 seeds to pop at a time.

Getting fed up I went ahead and put all 1-2000 of them in a bottle of water, shook it and left it in a cupboard for 2 days untouched.

Lo’ and behold I got about 80 of them or so to pop tails. I got these in half gallons now and may narrow it down for an open pollination.

Sour Glue Bx1 is (SourGlue S1 x LemonSourGlue F2)

12 Likes

This whole project is going to be so crazy good

2 Likes

Thank you! Haha, I sure hope so. Going to need lots of testing to see which outcrosses end up being the good ones.

I’ve got a good feeling though!

Edit:

Here are some pictures of one of the F4 branches being dried for F5 seeds. This was really cut about 3 weeks early and I should have let her go much longer - but the seeds were perfectly ripe through and through and that is what counts from that run.

8 Likes

Are you going to keep the 80 for a OP run?
I’m following along!

1 Like

I will likely narrow it down to 20 or so of those who are closest to the original parent - cutting out any LSG leaners. I may OP them with a couple males, or I may just keep them set aside for later and hit them with LSG F5 fem pollen from this cycle, then hit them with a male later. Haven’t decided yet lol. Either way I’ll likely keep them small in a SoG style hunt.

3 Likes

Sadly, not a single Sour Glue Bx1 has sprouted almost 3 days later? Surprised since I only picked seeds that popped tails. I’d imagine they’d all be up by now. Giving them a few more days and then I might dig up some of them to check and see what is going on. I can’t imagine they all caught rot and died? Nothing crazy - 5.8-6.1ph with maybe 350-500ppm clonex in coco/coir. Which is what I normally do.

Everything else is doing fine with conditions around 75F and 58%^ RH.

If nothing ultimately shows, I have several LSG S1 seeds on standby.

Not all is lost though - as I do have maybe 20-50 SourGlue Bx1 seeds set aside that I never attempted to germ. I might save those for another time though with maybe a more advanced approach.

On a more positive note - my Chem 91 SKVA clone has rooted and survived.

5 Likes