Mutant Madness?

Surprised I missed this thread. Stellar work guys :metal:

3 Likes

A couple more shots… Man she smells good, it’s like some weird tropical lip balm kinda vibe.

10 Likes

Ok, so what if I took an F1 girl and did a BX to mom. The progeny is bigger, bolder, and beautifully variegated, but very much like mom. Also, how does a mutant and variegation express with an S1?

2 Likes

Berry freak

12 Likes

Hey guys. Has anyone revegitated an ABC ?

3 Likes

Nice, What is the lineage on this Berry Freak…
Looks Berry Freaky

2 Likes

10 Likes

Yeah, pretty much the same as non ABC types

3 Likes

10 Likes

12 Likes

Ok. Photo dump! :crazy_face: Out of five mutants from an ABC x Freakshow cross, I got 3 males and 2 females. Both females were ABC phenotype but one has whorled phyllotaxy. One male was a freakshow phenotype. One male was an ABC phenotype and one male was a combination of both phenotypes and had male flowers with one female pistle coming out of the middle of the male flower bud ( monoecious ? ). All males were intersex plants. These pictures suck but my phone is old. Sorry. 🥸

The males

The females

14 Likes

That’s some mighty freaky plant pimping there, @Magu !

5 Likes

Thanks. I kept them short and flowered them early so I could cross them again. The F3s maybe really freaky. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

@crunkyeah

Maybe you could give some advice? Here’s the background.

1. I’m in Germany, and it’s now legal to grow up to 3 plants, but the maximum allowed ‘dry material’ is 50 grams.
  2. Electricity is very expensive, so an outdoor grow makes more sense here, as opposed to places where power is cheap.
  3. Although it’s legal to grow, there’s various issues that make it sensible to grow with a mutant ‘stealth’ plant anyway, especially in an outdoor setting.

So, here’s what I’m thinking:
I obviously want to grow more than 50 gram, so a nice work around would be making bubble hash from fresh buds. That’s allowed, but BHO and other solvent extraction methods are illegal. Bubble hash means I can collect the trichomes from about 500 grams of fresh buds.

So, I’m looking for a mutant leaf strain, with low ‘stink’, but a good berry, floral or menthol smell. The plant should be able to produce about 15 ounces. And lastly, the trichome structure should be good for bubble hash production.

Does this strain exist yet? If not, what would be a good starting set of parents?

2 Likes

This might be your go to.
TERPYZ | World’s No.1 Seed Bank for Cannabis Mutants

These guys have a couple Abc hybrids.
7 East Genetics - Real Genetics with Real World Pricing

Heres another Abc hybrid.
Monster Hunter - Nomad Seed’s | Cannabis Seed Bank in Mallorca (nomadseeds.com)

Roc Bud Inc has an Abc auto.

Here is an auto Freakshow cross.
SuperiorFreak Automatic | Organic Earth

4 Likes

Is there a big difference in yield between a ABC strain, a ducksfoot, and a single leaf giant pur pur type strain?

And from these varieties, are any good for hash?

1 Like

For me, the question would be witch line can handle your 51 north latitude.

For northern latitudes I always lean towards autos, semi autos and fast versions.

The Fast Donald from Terpyz might be a good choice for your environment.

3 Likes

Ogre is considered a mutant strain of Sensi Star…

10 Likes

The Dooligah mutant looks interesting, and seems to grow quickly. Are seeds available in Europe?

I saw in the Binchicken Discord that Banksia Tar Kush V3 might make a good hash plant.

@Monst3rbean I was thinking about germinating and keeping seedlings indoors until it’s warms up, and the threat of frost is over, like its done with tomatoes etc. That could give about an extra 6-8 weeks of summer sunshine; no idea about flowering time though.

5 Likes

I’ve grown a lot of different lines over the years at 47 north latitude. The biggest issue that I have ran into is that photoperiod plants don’t put out yield like they should. Cold temps slow down growth. Slow growth during flower results in small bud production.

So, I always suggest auto, semi auto and fast versions as these varieties trigger flowering sooner than traditional photo dependent. Allowing them to bulk up and produce better yields in northern environments.

2 Likes