Mutants Walk Among Us

Thank you brother. I call the strain nympho. So far I haven’t found anything close to her smoke. Most people can barely handle a few hits. It’s the type of smoke when you say, “that shit got something on it.” Every body who try’s it says they have never had nothing like it. Or that it’s too potent for them. Here are some crosses to her that super potent as well. You will never think purple smoke can be like that.

8 Likes

Hey man sorry it took so long to reply, I’ll get a picture up tomorrow! It’s a strange one, all my computer shows now is pictures and an add to cart button for the strains, but on my Phone its still showing up with notes and general information.

2 Likes

All good brother, figured you been busy with life and all the plants. Thank you

The Hops seeds are starting to swell, hopefully something happens soon! There’s a website called grower.ch that has lots of his earlier posts about the chimaera, including explaining the grafting and pollination, there’s also links to his old unused forum in some of the threads there, he explains the breeding process in a few different topics but the translations are brutal. Lots of pictures still up but you need to make an account to view them enlarged. Whats extremely frustrating is that he got banned from the website for offering to send out samples to people to get them individually tested and report back.

1 Like

Yeah the spring rush finally finished for me today, I’m fucking exhausted haha. The AD17 germinated a little while ago so I’ll get pictures of them up soon too, the seeds had some insane mold problems, makes sense why I got a good few extra of them now haha.

1 Like

Nice!! I’m excited to see those babies once they pop :grinning:

That’s too bad he got banned from that site, would live to see him active in the community. Maybe he could even come on here, that would be awesome.

:laughing: man I hope you get some much deserved rest. I’m exhausted already and I’m just getting started :rofl: I’m always busy though.

Here’s a pic for all the mutant fans, a seedling with one cotyledon

3 Likes

Hey man! His website content went back to normal for me on my computer so I didn’t get any pictures of the difference in the end so now I’m not sure if it was just a glitch, by any chance is the AD17 page description blank when your on his website?
Yeah it sucks he got banned, right before getting it openly genetically tested too!
Gonna post some pictures of stuff now.

AD17 starting to look strange!

!

The ABC is starting to bush out more now.

Still waiting for the Hops seeds to begin germination. Gonna make a start on the ABC x Frisian Duck tomorrow!

11 Likes

Heat and or too hot of nutes on them first 2 pics.

1 Like

They’ve only gotten water and stayed at 18c since germination, planted in coir and perlite with a tiny bit of worm castings, these things just grow fucked up from the start haha. The screwed up looking foliage is a bred in trait, they always look really unhealthy until they’re older, seems to happen with most of the guys more heavily mutated strains!

2 Likes

Hey man, no worries. Could’ve just been a glitch.

The description is there when I went on the site.

Nice update pics, really interested to see those AD17 grow up. From the pictures on the site they look pretty unique. And those ABC are starting to get super branches and bushy.

Man the hops seeds are taking soo long, lol. I have patience when it comes to germination but it feels like well over a month, maybe 2!! :rofl:

Ah cool yeah it was definitely just a glitch haha! Yeah the wait is absolutely sucking, its been so long, they’re definitely all swollen now though so that’s giving me a bit of hope! I might scar them a bit tomorrow to help them along I think, I’ve a fear mold might set in soon!

Yeah It’ll be exciting to see how the AD17 look once they get past the seedling stage, I’ll be setting up a new tent for them in a week or two, the 20 week flowering times going to be a pain to wait out haha. I think I’ll be putting the ABC in new pots and out in the garden sometime next week, I’ve to make room for a peyote mutant seed hunt, got a few thousand seeds on the way :grin:

1 Like

Well I need some loph seeds lol

Where did you find them?

2 Likes

Kaktus Koehres is great for them! They’ve all the Lophophora variants and loads of localities of L. Williamsii. They’ve a really good selection of Trichocereus too! Germany and Austria are the best countries to order them from, they’re the only ones that have shops that’ll sell them in packs of 1000 haha

2 Likes

There are pics in this thread of a new mutant line that popped up among an F2 of a cross with Blueberry, Blue Dream, Lowryder, and Skunk #1 in the background, no ABC:
https://overgrow.com/t/micro-breeding-auto-hemp-population-development/23032/51?u=growinghigher

This Kaly Seed thing seems so similar to scams I have seen before like this one: Hops Cross-Pollinated By Cannabis Make For Legal CBD - The Fresh Toast

And this one:

Which both ended up being synthetic CBD. I personally fueded with Grön for a year before they dropped their bullshit ad campaign and admitted it was synthetic. You can still see my review for their Portland store on Google.

If someone really did this, it would be significant botanical news. And I think the only real possible way would be protoplast fusion. The chromosome numbers are also off (20 for Cannabis vs 16 or 17 for Humulus female or males) so they probably wouldn’t make viable seed if someone successfully grew plants of a hybrid, they would only be able to be clonally propagated…

It is also a red flag they cite the paper “Horizontal genome transfer as an asexual path to the formation of new species - PubMed” to infer what they are claiming is possible, but the things that paper talks about are not what they claimed to do (they claimed a sexual cross).

So, seems like they have some legit leaf mutants but I need a lot more proof for the hops claim.

5 Likes

I’ve grown hops side by side for years with no cross pollination what so ever. I don’t believe its possible. Happy to be proven wrong.

4 Likes

For the record, the only non-Cannabis species that MAY contain (probably not) CBD or THC are these two:

I dont believe either has been duplicated yet. I would rather them have looked for synthase genes, especially for the Trema paper. If they hypothesize homologous payhways, that seems the more obvious way to answer the question to me, but maybe just because I am more familiar and comfortable with genetic techniques than chemistry.

Hops have CBDAS-like genes, but I don’t believe they produce CBG or are known to have THCAS, so if Trema has THCAS, it was evolved independently from the THCAS in Cannabis from an ancestral CBDAS. Or Humulus stopped producing CBG and lost its THCAS. Color me skeptical of these papers too.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Flying Monkeys!!

:sunglasses: :+1: :boom:

Love those guys!.. and Hoptical Illusion

Cheers
G

3 Likes