My 1st Diary of 2023

Hello folks! I said I would post a new Diary as soon as I started a new Crop… Here I am! There were times at the end of 2022 when being “here” today wasn’t a given, but I made it.

We tore down the plant room and decided to rebuild it… after all the work we did, we found there had been a “rooster in the henhouse”… a “scoundrel in the nunnery” if you catch my drift… I was exhausted after the harvest and we were very disappointed to find that our “feminized” plants either had a Hermie in their midst, or a male was accidentally overlooked. So, I harvested all my plants and removed every seed I could find from every plant (one of them had almost 800 seeds!! I will be doing a seed giveaway later this year!! LoL) and we ended up making some dynamite hash out of it.

Since 2022 ended up being such a disaster, I needed a breather… I needed fresh seeds from a reputable source and a BREAK from the daily care routine. So my partner told me to get advice (so I posted a request for a seed source here on OG) and targeted January 1 for a new planting.

I ordered my seeds (5 each from 4 different strains), from overseas, and made sure I left plenty of delivery time… see if you can guess what country they came from:

So, I made it through Christmas

and on New Year’s Day, I put four of each strain in mini Dixie cups of day-old water and put them in a cabinet overnight.

The next day, I put each one in a Taco Bell paper napkin (I use those cuz they look the most like they have no ink, imprints, embossed presses or stamps of any kind). By the third day, they all had tails!

On the fifth day, they all moved into their first little dirt condos.

One week old and almost all of them look like they are trying to jump outta their cups!!

Not too shabby for a relative newbie who doesn’t smoke, right? LoL. I will post something every Sunday, or more often than that, if something interesting happens! Almost all of the equipment has arrived to rebuild the plant room, so the new babies will have a clean, and hopefully pollen-free place to grow.

Happy to have you visit and follow along, if you like!

Here’s hopin’ we all have a better New Year in ‘23!! :tada::seedling::wink:

35 Likes

You are off to a great start for 2023!!
:+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Happy new year and good luck on your run! fresh starts are always good for a fresh year!

:metal:t4:

2 Likes

Good luck with your grow. Also you might consider placing your clear cups in solo or similar cups to prevent fungus or mold from developing.

4 Likes

Good luck :smiley::smiley:

What strains did you get?

Fems or regs?

1 Like

420 Carats
Limoncello Haze
Mother of All Buds
White Widow Xtrm

All Feminized

5 Likes

Hello @Tejas So, how would putting one cup inside another cup keep it from getting fungus?

1 Like

Pulled from High Times “ The cups allow light to reach your wet medium, creating the perfect area for the mossy mess to begin competing with your plants for nutrients and creating a breeding ground for pests and harmful molds. Transplant your clones immediately into larger opaque containers with plenty of soil mix and avoid harming your medium with fungus that isn’t beneficial and can be quite harmful to boot.”

4 Likes

Nice start. My white grow bags gets a little mold on top sometimes. Nice line up.,

1 Like

Week number 2: all babies growing tall. As I watered, the dirt settled and the seedlings got tall and skinny, so I added a little dirt around the top to help support them. Look at all the the leaves they have sprouted in one week!

They have two small lights and a small fan on them. They get a tablespoon of water in the morning and another at night, and I turn the box daily. So far, they seem happy.

10 Likes

Three weeks old, and doing fine!!! Babies will be graduating to their new, larger pots in the next couple of days!!

Isn’t it amazing how fast they grow?

11 Likes

They are getting ready to jump. Nice looking.

28 Days old today, and everyone is still alive. All but one is tall and getting bushy and even number 9 is growing bigger every day… just slower.

Here’s an update: There are four strains, four seeds each. One of each strain is promised to a friend who is out of town right now, but they will be leaving my kitchen “nursery” soon, so you will notice that four of them have been repotted into 32oz drink cups. The other 12 are in my regular 32oz containers. They are growing so fast, I decided to skip the 16oz cups. They were moved into rich soil, mixed with a good spoonful of coffee grounds.

At first, I only gave the seeds numbers, but once I was sure they would produce a plant, I give them names… it helps me remember which plant it is. For this crop, I chose names from Grey’s Anatomy: (the 4th seed of each strain will be leaving soon):

Seeds 1-4: 420 Carats

1. Callie
  2. Catherine
  3. Christina
    (4) Carina

Seeds 5-8: Limoncello Haze
5. Leah
6. Lexie
7. Liz
(8) Louise

Seeds 9-12: Mother of All Bud
9. Maggie
10. Meredith
11. Miranda
(12) Morgan

Seeds 13-16: White Widow XTRM
13. Addison
14. Adele
15. Amelia
(16) April

They start getting 6 hours of sleep today, along with 18 hours of much brighter light. So… we’ll see what happens!!

:seedling::grin:

PS: I don’t know why the first four numbers are indented… nothing I did specifically made them indent, and there was nothing I could figure out to fix it either… seemed to have a mind of its own!! :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Full house.

Five weeks old today… everything seems to be going well. Babies are in the plant room now, getting the good light, 18 hours per day, snoozing 6.

Maggie and Amelia are still a little behind the other girls, but they’re coming right along.

Small fan blows all the time, but I rotate the tray every day or two so they get “wind” from different directions. They sure are pretty.

7 Likes

They look good.

Six weeks old and as you can see, they have outgrown their graph paper measuring tablet.

I thought there might be a tiny bit of fungus growing in them, so I repotted them today and poked a lot of holes in the new containers, basically turning them into “air pots” and put all new dirt in there after cleaning off and rinsing the roots. Didn’t see anything on the roots themselves, so hopefully I caught it in time.

Anyway, they still look perky and happy. They got a little bit of fertilizer this time and more air circulation. They will be moving into larger pots in a couple of weeks.

They grow up so fast!

PS: Their sisters have gone to live with my friend, so there are only 12 instead of 16 going forward.

10 Likes

Looking good there… :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

1 Like

Day late this week, so we’re at seven weeks plus a day. Mostly still looking good, however, I am noticing a few yellow leaves at the bottom of a couple of the plants. Not sure where my green thumb went, but I hope I can keep them going.

Planning to move them into cat litter tubs in a few days, and hopefully fresh dirt will solve the problem. Wish me luck!

8 Likes

Just focus on that good looking new growth, old leaves are old problems … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes